Mildew Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mildew Removal

Just pulled my boat out of winter storage and found mildew growing on the seats - any idea how best to remove it easily?

Totally Awesome Cleaner at the Dollar Store
    www.nwboatsports.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/NW-Bo...27792007306783

Comment

303 Vinyl cleaner then apply 303 Aerospace Protectant.

Totally awesome cleaner is good too. Follow either up with Aerospace protectant.

Comment

Lots of folks on this forum love and praise LA's Totally Awesome, and I have also found great success with Mean Green Cleaner from Dollar General. If you use either of these, just be sure to rinse very well and then treat the seats with 303 Protectant.

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by sand2snow22 View Post
          Totally Awesome Cleaner at the Dollar Store
          That^^
          Followed by a generous helping of 303.
          / \

Former boats:
          2003 Prostar 197 35th Anniversary
          1990 Prostar 190

Comment

For the tough spots, the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser's work great. Those have taken out mildew spots that nothing else could budge. Just be careful around your stitching.
            We defy the mafia!

Comment

Magic eraser is equivalent to micro sandpaper

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Comment

TA will get the surface mildew out just fine but if it is worse than that, you may need to try something a little more harsh that will kill the mildew and keep it from coming back.

Comment

bcd - I agree that the Magic Eraser's are micro-abrasive. But if I have the choice of a big ugly bug or mildew stain versus a clean seat, no brainer for me. I just use them when nothing else works.
                  We defy the mafia!

Comment

Mildew Removal

Thxs everyone for the ideas on mildew removal. I will work my way through the multiple ideas and products till I get it removed. Have a great day!

Larry

Comment

We had that last year on a few cushions I decided to store in my basement vs leaving them in the boat. We used totally awesome. It didn't get them all the way so I put them out in the sun. Cleared it right up.

Comment

Has anyone tried this product from Starbrite?

The vinyl on our X2 has a couple of areas that turn red after we tarp the boat. Thankfully the UV's from the sun removes these stains after a few hours, but if I can eliminate this reoccurring red stain that would be ideal. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I found this link which was helpful and they recommended this product.
                        http://cleaning.lovetoknow.com/How_t...f_Marine_Vinyl

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	2336285
                        - Andrew

2015 MasterCraft X-20 (current)
                        2009 MasterCraft X-2 (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by ap77 View Post

The vinyl on our X2 has a couple of areas that turn red after we tarp the boat. Thankfully the UV's from the sun removes these stains after a few hours, but if I can eliminate this reoccurring red stain that would be ideal. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

[ATTACH]112903[/ATTACH]
                          The PO left s life vest on top of the motor box and that left a very faint yellow stain. I use TA quite a bit but even that won't touch it. I'm thinking that it has become part of the vinyl. Any one have any thoughts??

Comment

[ATTACH]112903[/ATTACH]
                            I have used this. Cleaned up the old 85 I had. Boat had been sitting with mildew seats for 4-5 years. Couple of applications of the Starbrite and a soft scrub brush had the original seats looking near new. Rinsed well and followed up with 303.
                            sigpic

1997 Prostar 190, TBI 350, 1:1, OJ XMP 13 x 11.5, Stargazer, Hot Shower, Heated Drivers Seat, Reuben/Mountain Rock/Nite Navy

Comment

Mildew Removal

[ATTACH]112903[/ATTACH]
                              I spray the Starbright on dry vinyl then scrub, rinse well. Then I spray Totally Awesome on wet vinyl, scrub, rinse well. Let dry in the sun. Then let vinyl cool in garage or shade. Then coat with the 303 and rub in with old cotton tshirt till dry. Has worked well on all my boats.

Last edited by Prostarski190; 06-14-2014, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X