Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2005 X2 Medallion Gauges faces breaking off

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2005 X2 Medallion Gauges faces breaking off

    Every Gauge except one is either cracked or broken completely off. Has any one else had this issue? This is crazy. I have kept unbelievable care of my boat and nothing has impacted any of the gauges.

    Any help here would be great. They have been getting worse the past 5 years. Will Mastercraft do anything about this? Doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy about buying another Mastercraft.

  • #2
    Several members here experienced the same thing with gauges. One member put O rings under the bezels and this stopped the cracking. I doubt MC will correct because the boat is almost 10 years old. Of course, you can always ask your dealer to help out ??
    Screws fall out all the time, the world is an imperfect place.

    Comment


    • #3
      doubt mc will replace them but i did see that great lakes skipper had them for sell.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by ttu View Post
        doubt mc will replace them but i did see that great lakes skipper had them for sell.
        Just called Great Lakes and they only have some gauge sets from some closeout buying they do. They don't have my set there.

        Comment


        • #5
          No help from my dealer for sure.

          The gauges are set in Aluminum-is this why they are cracking and breaking? Heat and expansion?

          I will try an o ring for the last non cracked gauge I guess. What BS!! I am sure the gauge sets are stupid money.

          Comment


          • #6
            I feel your pain. I've had issues since my boat was 1 month old. I had the gauges replaced 3 times under warranty and finally when I had to buy my last set, I did the o-rings. It's been about 2 years and I've not had a crack yet. I tried to model my o-ring idea after the newer prostar dash where they inset the gauges. I posted it here.

            http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...7&postcount=20
            -Cameron
            2007 ProStar 197
            1996 ProStar 190

            Comment


            • #7
              You can tell they are inset about 3/16" into the bezel. The bezel is slightly cone shaped, so it allows a little more room for expansion and the o-rings give a little cushion.
              Attached Files
              -Cameron
              2007 ProStar 197
              1996 ProStar 190

              Comment


              • #8
                I got screwed with my boat. I got crappy gauges and the Mastercraft cruise control. I am going to try the the o-ring thing for the one gauge left that iant broken and ask for the replacement gauges for Christmas and birthday gifts. I just got a quote for $750.00 for new gauges.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Sodar View Post
                  You can tell they are inset about 3/16" into the bezel. The bezel is slightly cone shaped, so it allows a little more room for expansion and the o-rings give a little cushion.
                  That dash is different than mine. The aluminum goes directly against the Gauge. One of the small gauges the face popped completely off in my lap while I was driving the boat. I wonder if I can find something a little thinner than the o ring thing so they don't look too recessed.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    If you like yellow, I have a complete set of guages I just took out of my x45 I was about to put up for sale. I just haven't had time to take pictures. They are in perfect shape. I just swapped them, because nothing on my boat is yellow.
                    2005 X45 - L18

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by sock-feet View Post
                      That dash is different than mine. The aluminum goes directly against the Gauge. One of the small gauges the face popped completely off in my lap while I was driving the boat. I wonder if I can find something a little thinner than the o ring thing so they don't look too recessed.
                      Take a pic of your dash. Every pic I have seen of an X-2 dash looks just like mine...

                      -Cameron
                      2007 ProStar 197
                      1996 ProStar 190

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Sodar View Post
                        Take a pic of your dash. Every pic I have seen of an X-2 dash looks just like mine...

                        That is the one!!!!! Did you have problems with the gauges? We hate the Cruise Control system.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          So Sad. Just contacted Medallion. I took the dash apart and saw exactly what happened.

                          The fasteners get tightened down like a clamp and it stresses the gauge. It then breaks the gauge face over time and heat.




                          [IMG][/IMG]

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Sodar View Post
                            I feel your pain. I've had issues since my boat was 1 month old. I had the gauges replaced 3 times under warranty and finally when I had to buy my last set, I did the o-rings. It's been about 2 years and I've not had a crack yet. I tried to model my o-ring idea after the newer prostar dash where they inset the gauges. I posted it here.

                            http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...7&postcount=20
                            Where did you get the o ring and what size? I don't want to have to replace my gauges again.
                            ______________________________

                            You look like I need a beer!
                            2001 Prostar 195 Sold
                            2011 Ski Nautique 200 Current
                            2007 X45 LY6 Current

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by sock-feet View Post
                              So Sad. Just contacted Medallion. I took the dash apart and saw exactly what happened.

                              The fasteners get tightened down like a clamp and it stresses the gauge. It then breaks the gauge face over time and heat.




                              [IMG][/IMG]
                              What did Medallion say when you called them?
                              2006 MasterCraft XStar
                              2006 MasterCraft X1 - Sold
                              2003 Sevylor Caravelle 7' 6"

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X