No announcement yet.

What Mastercraft is for me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not specific to any model, but aside from general condition, upkeep and hours there are not many things to watch out for on the different model years cept for a couple.
    The vinyl in the early 2000s is known to self destruct much quicker than expected. I'd prefer a boat that had been re upholstered from this era rather than wait for the OE vinyl to crack.
    Also in tank fuel pumps started in 03 ?? I think. They are problematic but cheap and easy to replace with a pump from the auto parts store.
    '06 X2 MCX

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN

Comment

Originally posted by Thrall View Post
      Also in tank fuel pumps started in 03 ?? I think. They are problematic but cheap and easy to replace with a pump from the auto parts store.
      not sure when they started, but my 02 has the in tank fuel pump. as you said, easy replacement with an auto parts store pump.

Comment

2000 does as well
        CURRENT: 2008 SANTE 210 w NSS

2000 Mastercraft Xstar
        2004,2005 Ski Centurion Avalanche C4
        2003, Ski Centurion Cyclone
        99,2000,2001, 2002 Ski Centurion Elite V/Hurricane/lightning
        88 2001 Nautique

Comment

I am looking to buy a1997 maristar 200 with the lt1 motor for more of a family boat for water sports. I have a 1985 Stars and Stripes prostar which pulls like a mule. Is the 200 a good boat before I sell the old girl,you're input is appreciated thanks pat

Comment

We have a '96 prostar 205 with a new dimensions tower. It is an awesome do it all boat. Great ski wake. Actually awesome wakeboard wake with 1500lb of weight. Its a mellow wave vs the steep rampier wave for a more advanced rider. Haven't surfed it much but it does get a surfable wave. Only thing it doesn't fit in your bill is being a V-Drive. Still can fit 8 comfortably. We have done 11 before but it gets tight. Wake is awesome tho haha

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Comment

If anybody wants to pass this around, it would be awesome. As soon as it sells, I will be looking for a 205/205V/early X-star/early X2/X1, 209/X9, or 214/X14.

Comment

Bringing this back up. I have some cash now (Approx $16,000) to spend. In no rush to pull any triggers. There is this that I have thought on, but its ~750 miles away from me and it's a 99, so no wrap around seating which is decently important to me. (http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/boa/4607422955.html). Anybody have any advice? Should I expect prices to drop closer to Christmas? The downside of waiting is that I won't be able to water test.

Comment

i also looked at this boat locally. Pluses are that it is close, huge (way bigger in person than the pics), Perfect pass, and I feel like I could get it for <$15k. Downside is its not a Mastercraft, and not fuel injected.

**must sell - price reduced** Awesome family boat - runs great - StarGAZER GPS controlled Perfect Pass Cruise Control keeps the perfect speed while

Comment

Lastly, there are these two stars that are semi-local but I don't know if either would want to come down to $16k.

Comment

You may be able to get them down a bit more but I do not think you would be able to get to 16k.

Once Feb comes around and all the boat shows start rolling a lot of people would be willing to deal a bit more (at least that is my experience).

Comment

Originally posted by ibrokeit View Post
                        Lastly, there are these two stars that are semi-local but I don't know if either would want to come down to $16k.

http://athensga.craigslist.org/boa/4666064919.html
                        Those two boats are both great prices already. You need to pay attention to the upholstery on both of those though, as those are the years that the stitching was no good. That could potentially be another $3500 or so to put into it. I think if you are wanting to consider a v-drive without going to an older 90s model, then the 205v/x2/Xstar is where it's at for you. You may have to spend just a few more bucks than you originally planned, but it will be worth it. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you out.

Comment

Originally posted by CC2MC View Post
                          Those two boats are both great prices already. You need to pay attention to the upholstery on both of those though, as those are the years that the stitching was no good. That could potentially be another $3500 or so to put into it. I think if you are wanting to consider a v-drive without going to an older 90s model, then the 205v/x2/Xstar is where it's at for you. You may have to spend just a few more bucks than you originally planned, but it will be worth it. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you out.
                          I would be fine with a semi bad interior, because I could justify spending that money at the end of next boating season.

Comment

Anybody else?

Comment

Originally posted by ibrokeit View Post
                              Anybody else?
                              I have a very clean 1996 Prostar 205 listed in the classifieds if you are interested. PM me if you want to discuss.

1996 PS205

Comment

Well. I ended up finishing a steal on a 2001 Super Air Nautique that I would have been an idiot to pass up. I'll use it next summer then start my search for a Mastercraft again next winter. My budget will be much better then, anyways. Thanks for all the help.

Comment

Working...
                                X