• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Drake2785
    TT Enthusiast
    • Jun 2013

Tower cameras

I'm seeing a lot of tower cameras now days thoughts on this anyone ? Seen a 2000 Xstar that mounted a rear view camera on tower with screen on dash says it works a lot better that a mirror. Also said he had less than $120 in it ...... Isn't the mirror still required by law ????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • MC25
    MC Master Poster
    • Nov 2007

Had one on my 2010. Cool factor lasted a week, then never used it again. Lol
    Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
    Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
    2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
    For Sale:
    2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

• Drake2785
      TT Enthusiast
      • Jun 2013

Originally posted by Aric'sX15 View Post
      Had one on my 2010. Cool factor lasted a week, then never used it again. Lol

Haha I hear all the surfers are turning toward it but ..... What do I know

Comment

• MC25
        MC Master Poster
        • Nov 2007

watching surfing is already a blast.... can't imagine watching it recorded could be any better!
        Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
        Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
        2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
        For Sale:
        2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

• kgrove
          MC Fanatic
          • Jun 2008

The 2011 I bought had a towercam, so I've played with it. The original tower cams were low resolution and sucked - completely unusable for purposes of keeping the video or using it to show somebody something cool. The only use I could see is as a training tool, like if you were stuck on a trick and needed to see what you were actually doing versus what you thought you were doing. In know VIO, who made the MC towercam, came out with a high resolution version, but I don't think MC ever sold that. Maybe that's enough to fix the issue. I can say the tower cams ability to track the rider was great, but no audio plus 640x480 resultion (or something close to that) just doesn't cut it.

Comment

• CantRepeat
            • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Drake2785 View Post
            I'm seeing a lot of tower cameras now days thoughts on this anyone ? Seen a 2000 Xstar that mounted a rear view camera on tower with screen on dash says it works a lot better that a mirror. Also said he had less than $120 in it ...... Isn't the mirror still required by law ????
            In Alabama:

• A capable observer, other than the operator, 12 years of age or older or …
            • A wide-angle rearview mirror. The size of the mirror must be at least 78 square inches and have a field of vision of at least 170 degrees.
            -Tim

Making boomers great again!! Boomin'

Comment

• FoggyNogginz
              MC Maniac
              • Aug 2006

I use a GoPro with a suction mount on the back of the boat. Quality is fantastic, and it floats! Not used for real time observation of course.

Comment

• geordie-wake
                TT Enthusiast
                • Oct 2013

I have an HD drift with the mount cable tied to the tower with remote ON/OFF operation looks crap but it works as a training tool. I'd never trust just a camera and screen to view what's going on behind the driver over a mirror, about as reliable as my Medallion gauges probably.

Comment

Working...
                X