Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who can explain the mc lineup of boats

Ok,
    Help me to under the x series of mc boats. x10, 25, 30, 46, etc?

x10=21ft
    x25-21.5 ft
    x30=23ft
    etc. some pickle, some not
    Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
    Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
    2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
    For Sale:
    2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

A "general" rule is first number indicates footage over 20' , if 2nd number ends in a 5 it is a pickle fork, with some exception (X-15 is 21' but not pickle fork)

Comment

the 5 doesn't mean pickle fork, the x15 was also 21.5ft.

its pretty much just a size designation
        Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
        Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
        2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
        For Sale:
        2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

Sorry if I gave wrong info, I thought I read that on here a few years ago, isn't a X30 and X35 both 23'?

Comment

Ending in "0" are traditional pointed bow. X10 and X30 are the only ones left, and both new designs recently.

And yes, the numbers roughly coincide with length. Put a 2 in front and a decimal point in the middle. X10 would be 21.0 (even though it's 21'3")

Comment

Originally posted by jk13 View Post
              Ending in "0" are traditional pointed bow. X10 and X30 are the only ones left, and both new designs recently.

And yes, the numbers roughly coincide with length. Put a 2 in front and a decimal point in the middle. X10 would be 21.0 (even though it's 21'3")
              Except for the X25 which is 21'6" not 22.5'. I think the truth is there is no rhyme nor reason...

Comment

Ok, kinda makes sense. What about the different applications? Better for wake, surf, handling, etc?

Comment

I think the guys at MC have a dart board. They have a party... Brainstorming session with a few adult beverages and maybe order a few pizzas. They take turns throwing darts and laugh their a$$3$ off about how the general public will wrestle with the model numbers of their lineup. "Ohhhh, I just hit X2 for the new model, but wait, we had it as the XStar, then the X2, but Dave over there landed his dart on X1.... I know, I know, it's confusion on a grand scale, but after several beers and a pineapple Canadian bacon pizza it makes sense. LETS DO IT! The new pickle fork 20' will be the X2 and the current X2 that was the the XStar will be the X1. Agreed! Cheers everyone, good work, well done !"
                  Screws fall out all the time, the world is an imperfect place.

Comment

Originally posted by neil.anderson63 View Post
                    I think the guys at MC have a dart board. They have a party... Brainstorming session with a few adult beverages and maybe order a few pizzas. They take turns throwing darts and laugh their a$$3$ off about how the general public will wrestle with the model numbers of their lineup. "Ohhhh, I just hit X2 for the new model, but wait, we had it as the XStar, then the X2, but Dave over there landed his dart on X1.... I know, I know, it's confusion on a grand scale, but after several beers and a pineapple Canadian bacon pizza it makes sense. LETS DO IT! The new pickle fork 20' will be the X2 and the current X2 that was the the XStar will be the X1. Agreed! Cheers everyone, good work, well done !"

These are a couple of the guys I picture during that conversation/brainstorming session:

-Mike

Comment

^^^perfect!!
                      Screws fall out all the time, the world is an imperfect place.

Comment

I wonder how many sales MC lose out on due to the poor naming of the boat models?
                        I own a mastercraft, am interested in the boats but don't have a bloody clue with regards to the naming conventions, which are current vs old models, length etc etc. I think I figure it out, then there is an exception to the rule.
                        People are inherently lazy, Starbucks can have shops on ether side of the same st, why? Because people can't be bothered crossing over or are too busy to do so. Same goes for researching your new purchase, if you can't navigate your way around the products you go elsewhere. Marketing is so important, MC have definitely scored an own goal on this front.

Comment

Well, the most simplistic way to look at MC's boats is this... the larger the number, the larger the boat. The bigger the boat, the more expensive it will be. If you want to get into the nitty gritty of what the different numbers offer, then you need to do some research, just like you'd research which Mercedes Benz you'd want to buy.

There you have it.
                          -Mike

Comment

Bigger number equals bigger boat. Most ending in 5 has a pickle.

Its easier than Malibu has been.....

VTX, VLX, LSV, MXZ, TXI, LXI

W T H ??!!

Comment

I too sat one day to try and make some sense to their model allocation, ended up giving myself a headache. I like your explanation neil.anderson63. Perfect. So why do they now have the NXT?

Comment

Working...
                              X