Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My new (to me) 2000 XStar barn find! - Transmission whine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a whine within a certain RPM range as well. Mine started after I re-propped about 3 years or so ago. I think mine is around 700-750, just a skosch above idle forward. I just try to avoid that range for better or worse.

Congrats on the new boat! Looks like you scored!
    ¡Viva 205V!
    2003 X2 MCX

Comment

Thanks!
      Heading down to Lake Powell for a week. Doing the oil instead of tranny fluid update before heading out so I'll post results when I get back.

Comment

Often the throttle body and/or the spark arrestor can make a high pitched noise at certain RPM. Mine does. Are you sure it's the transmission? On the LTR the air intake is like 16" from the transmission on the front of the engine.

Comment

I was thinking that too. When I took the video I quickly put my hand over the spark arrestor to partially block and alter the airflow and it made no difference to the whine.

Comment

Sounds like you found yourself a good boat. You'll love the versatility of the hull -- same as my 05 X2.
            2005 X2, Viper Red, MCX, Acme 1285, PPass, rear 750 sacs, KBS, IBS, Bennett Wake Plate
            (previous) 2001 X5, 1991 TriStar 190

Comment

Working...
            X