Boat Lift Opinions for X Star

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boat Lift Opinions for X Star

Well after saying last year at the end of season during off season I was going to install a lift... I am making this winter my goal. My covered dock, the roof system is basic house Truss, with 8x8's Supporting it. Its my Boat and my Father in laws Pontoon, only issue is when we both are in the covered section there is just 30 inches between us.

To do a Winch/Cable System overhead I think would require less space, than the conventional Hydro Hoist, that is a floating system once the boat raised. The Winch Cable I would have to install some support beams -- to hold it, because the boney 2x4 trusses want do it

Then today a buddy sends me a link to a Viking Lift... which is placed on the Lake bed, that looks like a giant Jet Ski lift that has a Giant 8x8 Steel Beam on one side, then a cradle attached that you crank up manual or hook a motor to gears.

We just redid the whole dock last year, with boards and supports, and then put that Rubber Deck coat on it all.

So What lift?

Couple of pics of what I am working with... the one shows my father in laws old Bryant before he went back to Toon.
    Attached Files

Comment

How deep is your dock? We use a traditional vertical lift that sits on the lake bottom. Its a 5000 lb lift and hold our 225 VRS nicely. These will work up to probably 8-10 feet of water max.

Comment

Dock water will run from 4-5 Foot, at the walk way in front to 10-11 foot at end of dock or slip.

Comment

Originally posted by DBrown2 View Post
          Dock water will run from 4-5 Foot, at the walk way in front to 10-11 foot at end of dock or slip.
          Dam wish I had that problem.

I got 2' at my deepest point. The winch and hoist may be the cheapest option for you.

Comment

i just bought a 6k pound lift for mine, but even with extension legs, i don't think it would reach the 11'
            2004 X-Star

Comment

How much does the water fluctuate? Are you looking to lift both boats or just the star?
              Being on the water is best, but when I'm not on the water I'm on TT.

2002 X Star
              Sold - 76 S&S

Comment

Looking to Lift only the Star... the Pontoon will just float. Typically water only moves a foot pending rain fall as in if its heavy they open the Locks at the Dam.
                I just don't want the lift to take up room in the center, based on all the ones I see at Marinas or driving around the lake. The Ballast Fill lifts, take up a lot of room. The cable lifts don't take up as much but then I don't have the overhead support for that.

Comment

The width of the floating lifts (Hydrohoist for sure) can be adjusted. You could install a front mount hydrohoist and set the width of the unit.

Other option is to drive some post in the middle of the bay and run a beam down the center of the rafters, allowing you to install a cable system.
                  Being on the water is best, but when I'm not on the water I'm on TT.

2002 X Star
                  Sold - 76 S&S

Comment

Working...
                  X