No announcement yet.

2015 X-30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just curious but why the X30 over the X23?

Comment

Originally posted by 501s View Post
      Haha, I think I heard my name. Hi Docphil, looks like are going to be getting a very nice boat. So the X-30 and wakeboarding........ lets chat about it.

The X-30 is a boat that really works great for beginner to intermediate riders. It's wake is designed to be easy to set up, very consistent and can be ridden at nice, slow speeds. But pile on the weight and the wake just gets bigger and bigger. The wake itself is on the more mellow side and a little on the wider side. This means that you might want to ride a shorter rope rather than longer. By being more mellow it is very consistent and doesn't wash out like steep wakes. We like to see the boat with as much in the rear as possible to make the wake steeper. Riding under 22, you will find the wake to be big and clean. Here are a few pics nicely weighted. Man, I can't believe we have to wait 6 months to ride again.....

501 how would you compare the wakeboard wake to an older star? Like 03-11 generation? I really liked the x30 I rode behind, but love my star wake.. We didn't have the 30 weighted very heavy when I rode either.. Might have to see if I can get a rude next summer with some more weight.

The surf wave pretty much sold me on a x30 as a possibility if I ever get tired of the star

Comment

The x30 I specd is 25k cheaper than the 23 and I don't surf. I primarily want the 30 for the traditional now since my family hates the pickle. May be a little more mellow than I like, but we will see when I demo it.
        Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
        Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
        2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
        For Sale:
        2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

Originally posted by willyt View Post
          because that's what his parents ordered....
          Now that's funny.
          OH-IO!

Comment

Originally posted by willyt View Post
            because that's what his parents ordered....
            Want some peanut butter with that jelly?

Why does it matter if they bought it? No one says crap about who bought my Stars and Stripes, only happens when I talk about new boats. Get a life or a better job
            Aric

Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
            2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
            For Sale:

Comment

You said
              Originally posted by Aric'sX15 View Post
              I'm gonna demo/order in the spring hopefully.
              Nowhere in there did you mention parents.
              1998 MariStar 200 VRS, LT1, PowerSlot

Comment

Okay? At this point I figured it was a given. I'm 20. Can't afford this stuff on my own for a few more years
                Aric

Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                For Sale:

Comment

Then don't always begin your sentences with "I."
                  1998 MariStar 200 VRS, LT1, PowerSlot

Comment

Comical Aric.....

Comical that you continue to misrepresent your parents toys as your own (my X15, my BMW, my X30 ....etc). But please do not tell me to "get a job" when I am the one buying MY boat and MY car with the money that I earn.
                    OH-IO!

Comment

Hey doc, looks like the "steam" followed you over here.

Comment

I have a job too. Thanks. When you grew up, did you call your house yours or your parents? It's comical that you all have a complex against me because I'm young and have nice things. Sorry if it bothers that bad to constantly come out of the woodworks to correct me. Seriously what the problem? I have no idea why I come back to this egotistical forum. Can't keep up with the jones', so attack the jones!!!!
                        Aric

Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                        2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                        For Sale:

Comment

Back to the X-30. I haven't actually ridden the old star in all my years, which is pretty sad but have been told they are similar. With the X-30 you can't put enough weight in the rear for wakeboarding. I set mine up for the good days like this:

Front Tank: 400
                          Front Lead: 200
                          Small Wake Bag: 100

Port Lead: 275
                          Port Tank: 300
                          Port Bag: 750

Star Lead: 175
                          Port Tank: 300
                          Port Bag: 750

Sack right in the middle behind the driver on the floor: 700

Total: Around 3900lbs.

Setup like this, its superb. Just golden actually. And you can ride it like this at 22.5-23MPH.

I have lots of videos if you are interested. Most people just talk about it's surf wave, which is excellent. But it's a great Wakeboard boat too.
                          2013 X-30, 6.0L with 2500lbs of ballast and 500 lbs of lead.
                          sigpic

Comment

Have you ridden it at faster speeds like 24.5 or so? Any advantages on using the lead vs bags?
                            Aric

Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                            2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                            For Sale:

Comment

Here are a few videos we took of our demo 2014 X30, pre-Gen2, with only stock ballast. Performs great out of the box, but amazing when enhanced like 501's setup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pGW...vrZsSjP2hJSBCQ
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkJu...vrZsSjP2hJSBCQ
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yzJ...vrZsSjP2hJSBCQ

Comment

Originally posted by dlamont View Post
                                just curious but why the X30 over the X23?
                                That is a great question. I demoed an X23 and I didn't think the surf wave was that much better than the X-30. Plus I like speed, agility and power in my boats and the X23 is a big, bad surf boat. And it handles that way. Don't get me wrong, it is nimble for a surf juggernaut but I like the flatter bottom, more agile X-30.

Plus, I am a solid surfer but my wakeboarding skills are probably lower intermediate. With the deep V hull of the X23, you need about 22 mph or more to clean up the wake. 23 + is actually really good

So I needed a great surf boat that is a really good wakeboard boat at lower speeds that you can slalom on if you need to. Plus an agile, fun and more responsive ride than the X23. The X30 fit my needs perfectly. And the surf wave is legit

Comment

Working...
                                X