xstar headroom with rev10s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xstar headroom with rev10s

Does anyone have four rev10s installed on 07 xstar or similar in the factory spots, and how is the head room while you are in the boat. I want the benefits of the rev10s over the rev8s, but don't know if I want to sacrifice hitting my head every time I am walking around in the boat.. pictures would be awesome if someone has them.

Also have the opportunity to buy 2 sets of rev10s with xmount for $1800. Is that a great price or can I do better?
    Last edited by rs52257; 11-18-2014, 12:32 AM.

Heres an 06 star with a pair of 10s. the 07 may hang a touch lower than the 06 due to the mounting bungs on the tower.

Mind you, you will still need the MC mounting from wet sounds and they aren't cheap either, so the X mounts from wet sounds will be useless

Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
    Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
    2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
    For Sale:
    2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

How is the headroom? If there were two n the middle would it hurt your head? Would you ever do 4 or just do the two on the outside? Can you hear nicely while wakeboarding? With 2

Comment

If you're 5' tall you shouldn't have any problems hitting your head
        The difference is null compared to the sound between the Rev8 and Rev10's to me I'd sacrifice head bang'n to sound

Comment

Your going to want to use Wetsounds swivel clamps instead of the MC OE tower spots. The MC can location cause two problems: 1. the hang height is too low. 2. the rack with a board in it boots up will hit the speaker. My buddy has them (2 Rev 10s) in the stock location and they work but look low and he has to bend his boots down to get the board rack to swivel inward.

Comment

Hey Zach do you have any pictures of your buddies boat with the setup? Thanks for the info. I don't turn my racks in ever so not to concerned with that.

Comment

I wouldn't recommend doing the camps if you have the bungs. Much cleaner looking and will look goofy if you don't. I had 4 pro 80s on a zft3 tower, and the speakers didn't interfere with the boards. (Pro 80s are the same cans as the 10s) you'll have to drill new holes in the tower for them as the wet sounds clamps have the wire inside of them.
              Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
              Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
              2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
              For Sale:
              2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

PM sent.

Aric, nice xstar.
                2006 MasterCraft XStar
                2006 MasterCraft X1 - Sold
                2003 Sevylor Caravelle 7' 6"

Comment

Here is a pic of my x15 with a pair of rev 410s and I used the WS swivel clamps for max height

Comment

Here is my friends x15 with his Rev 10sClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3529.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	2342922 Notice he has the wakeboard in the lower rack spot.

Comment

Awesome thanks guys. Aprreciate the info, and the pics

Comment

I had mine install Way out to the Sides to Prevent head Bumping...works so far
                        Attached Files
                        sigpic
                        2014 Chap 264 Sunesta
                        2019 XT25 GEN2 5500
                        2015 X20 SS GEN2 6.0
                        2016 G21 Coastal 5.3
                        2014 X46 GEN2 7.4
                        2014 X30 GEN2 5.7
                        2006 VRS200 SS 5.7
                        2013 X30 GEN2 6.2
                        2013 Yamaha 242LS

Comment