BroStock 2015 - May 28-30 Lake of the Ozarks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by uplander View Post
    Stupid questions but do most tie up and watch the competitors or can you watch from land. What other activities are going on. Would this be a good venue for a 13yrd old.
    Good answers above. Another consideration; is the 13 yr old used to lake party activities?

There are multiple lines as mentioned. Just like any rafting situation, there are going to be rowdier areas and more sedate areas. Use your judgment when tying up. Don't tie close to the sponsor boats which will attract a younger, party crowd.

You can also choose to float separately until the lines solidify and then pick a tie off. Just don't anchor close to the lines as to cause a problem with line building.
    There is much to do from shore but trying to watch the competition from shore is probably not going to be very fulfilling.

Wake boat owners seem to be worse than most higher dollar boat owners about owning and using proper fenders. (8" MINIMUM). Remember the stern is going to be facing double up boat wakes that ARE going to knock boats around. Why people think a little 4" tampon is going to protect their boat and others rafted to them is beyond my comprehension. (Rant off)

I wonder what it would take for the Celebration Cruise ship to drop anchor for the event?
    They sell tickets and provide mainland shuttles for the Shootout and OSS races. Since Bro has been moved from the OSS weekend this might be a possibility.
    Benefits : higher observation vantage, stable viewing platform, great for people that don't own or want to travel with their boat. Hmmm.........
    http://www.cruiselakeoftheozarks.com/shootout.html
    1991 MariStar 240sc, 454, tower, WetSounds, Krypt and Rockford Fosgate

Comment

this will be my first year attending brostock, what part of the lake does the comp take place on, and that is the closest city to the comp? ill be bring my maristar what kind of buoys/ fenders do you think i should buy? any thing else i should bring? thanks in advance!

Comment

It's at capt Ron's on the 34mile marker on the lake. Closest town would be sunrise beach I think. Bring at least 8inch thick bouys. The rollers from the double ups bang the boats around a bit and the tiny tampon bumpers don't do anything.

Comment

Thanks Bsloop for the info, we love LOTO but always stay clear of the party scene with the kids.

Sharobike - if you look on VRBO there are tons of houses and condos you can rent in the area. Look for Camdenton area, Sunrise beach also. You could also stay in the mouth of the Big Niangua that has calmer water and it would be a short drive to the event.

Not much for large towns but Sunrise Beach is close, and a really small town of Greenview.

Osage Beach would have all the action with hotels, food and shopping

This house could hold all of us

http://www.vrbo.com/419921

Comment

Originally posted by Sharobike View Post
            this will be my first year attending brostock, what part of the lake does the comp take place on, and that is the closest city to the comp? ill be bring my maristar what kind of buoys/ fenders do you think i should buy? any thing else i should bring? thanks in advance!
            Laurie is a good area too, that's where I usually stay. It's about 15 miles by boat to Captain Rons, but a good 35-45 minute boat ride is nice.
            -Mike

Comment

Roll Call for BroStock! -

http://lakeexpo.com/boating/the_lake...8c66e04b7.html

http://www.brostock.com/

Confirmed we have a house on the 54mm. Towing both the MC and blue toon, plus another buddy's new red Supra.
              16-20 people so far, so the blue toon will provide extra room and cooking options.
              Leaving the PA equipment behind but have not decided on the foam machine????

Anyone else? Stop by if you see us!

BTW, Capt Rons has covered slips they are renting for $100 for the extended weekend.
              Anyone used their launch ramp before?
              Attached Files

Comment

I'd like to go, I've got to much going on though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've used captain Ron's launch ramp before. It's itty bitty, single wide, drive down a big hill to get there. It's in good shape, but depending when you put the boat in you could wait a while. When I tried to launch, some asshat that rented one of the houses there parked their suburban in the middle of the ramp like it was some kind of parking lot. I ended up driving around the neighborhoods and using somoenes private ramp to launch. It was really difficult though. Pulling the boat out, I used capt rons ramp and it worked fine... just gotta make sure nobody is in the way. Nice concrete ramp all the way down. It's a steep hill to back in, but once you're down towards the actual launch, it levels out and works great.
                  -Mike

Comment

Originally posted by bsloop View Post
                    Roll Call for BroStock! -

http://lakeexpo.com/boating/the_lake...8c66e04b7.html

http://www.brostock.com/

Confirmed we have a house on the 54mm. Towing both the MC and blue toon, plus another buddy's new red Supra.
                    16-20 people so far, so the blue toon will provide extra room and cooking options.
                    Leaving the PA equipment behind but have not decided on the foam machine????

Anyone else? Stop by if you see us!

BTW, Capt Rons has covered slips they are renting for $100 for the extended weekend.
                    Anyone used their launch ramp before?

I screen shotted the ramp for you. The circle area is the turnaround. All gravel up top. The road that comes down to the west side of the houses is concrete, but as you can... not large, and its quite the ramp to back down. What you can't see is how steep that is. Not for the faint of heart. I know you have experience, so I'm sure you could do it. But it's not "ideal" for a boat ramp.

-Mike

Comment

There is another boat ramp just outside the cove right under the bridge. It's next to the hotel entrance off the highway right before the bridge. My fuel pump went out last year so I had to take my boat out there.

We will be going to brostock as well this year with a group of about 10. We have a place right around the bend on the 31mm. Don't be shy and say hi if you see us. You can't miss us.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Mzimme. Good description and helpful pic!
                        Should not be a problem but good scouting keeps one out of trouble (sometimes).

Comment

Everyone is going to brostock and I'm over here like

Please post pics when Yall get home! I can't believe it's 3 hours away from me and I'm going to miss it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X