The Future of the X25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Future of the X25

I've heard rumors that the X25 will be phased out of the Mastercraft lineup.

Does anyone know if that is true?

I heard the same at my dealer.... but if there are enough orders/demand...
    they still make the X 2
    sigpic
    2014 Chap 264 Sunesta
    2019 XT25 GEN2 5500
    2015 X20 SS GEN2 6.0
    2016 G21 Coastal 5.3
    2014 X46 GEN2 7.4
    2014 X30 GEN2 5.7
    2006 VRS200 SS 5.7
    2013 X30 GEN2 6.2
    2013 Yamaha 242LS

Comment

I heard the same thing from my dealer late last year.
      “A boat is a hole in the water into which you pour money.”.....but it's a lot of fun!!

Comment

I heard the same thing from a dealer while looking at a used one while on vacation over winter break.

Comment

I hope so, makes the value of mine go up Or not?

Comment

I was going to buy a X25 last year but heard the same thing from dealer (and other sources) so i waited and now i have a X23 on order. I didn't like the idea of buying a boat model that would be discontinued...

Comment

I'm sure it is on it's way out. My guess is after this model year. I don't think it raises the value of the used ones though. May make the used ones less desirable as the model is passé.
              Prior boats - (3) X14's, (3) Prostars, and a Tristar.

Comment

Anybody know why?

Mastercraft themselves say it is the one of the best selling boats in their X series lineup.

Might just be marketing....

I love mine.

Comment

I believe it WAS one of the best selling back in its heyday. Now it's X10 or X30 and soon may be X20 or X23. X2 may be best selling boat of last 10 years, but it's on borrowed time too.
                  Prior boats - (3) X14's, (3) Prostars, and a Tristar.

Comment

All terrific boats for sure.

If I were to change boats from the X25 I'd lean toward the X23.

However, with the upgrades I've made to the X25 I get a wave that is really great for surfing. Can't say its better than the 23, its just great for my family.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1qZ-pXdV10

Comment

Originally posted by JohnE View Post
                      I'm sure it is on it's way out. My guess is after this model year. I don't think it raises the value of the used ones though. May make the used ones less desirable as the model is passé.
                      So I am biased, but IMO you are correct in some buyers mind, (passe') not for others for a few reasons.
                      1- If you want a PF bow - The X20 is a bit small (missing the bow ladder and anchor storage there (Big miss IMO) - X23 a bit big, and certainly requires a big tow vehicle weighing in at over 5000 lbs, 6500 lbs neighborhood with trailer.
                      2 - In the same class (length) you have the X10, while I like this boat, it has a smaller feel than the 25 and is a traditional bow, again, for me not a fan, same goes for the X30. I'm a pickle guy
                      3 - If you want a great riding rough water boat, decent in size but not massive, again IMO, the X25 is the ticket - Great WB wake - Above average surf wake, seats 16 (Blah) OK, 8 comfortably, about as much boat as I care to trailer etc.

I feel they are missing a market by eliminating it, I would buy another one, but really don't need to, Thanks MC you saved me a ton of money because you won't have a boat I want to upgrade to. I can add Gen II tabs if I want, don't really need to, we can do everything to your hearts content with how we have the boat set up.

OK, so if you go to the X23, you get surf wave that is a little bigger, sorry MC and surf fan boys, it does nothing to get you to do bigger or better tricks, all 3 or 4 of them are the same tricks and the size of the wave won't change this fact. The only advantage of Gen II is the ability to quickly switch or allow for a good rider to do a crossover, yup that's worth the premium.

So, yes I will sit on my POS '13 X25 for awhile, amazing, how all the Marketing BS sways opinions.

Comment

I bet the 25's replacement is that larger NXT 95k all day

Comment

Originally posted by Mastercraft13 View Post
                          I bet the 25's replacement is that larger NXT 95k all day

Comment

I'm on my second X25 and love them. In the used market I don't think I'll have an issue selling regardless if the boat is a current model or not. You have buyers that won't like that it's discontinued but you will have buyers like what purchased my last X25 that didn't know all the different models. He wanted roughly a 22ft boat, preferably a Mastercraft and mine met his expectations. You still see people looking for X1, older X10 and X30 models, X7, older XStars and so on. It's all relative and as always takes that one buyer. Look at the amount of people willing to buy the X45 compared to the X46.

Now if I was trying to sale my current 2014 X25 for a higher price then yes, I would probably have a harder time b/c most people would rather spend a little more and get the brand new model. Again, all relative though.

Comment

I'm on my second X25 and feel it's the perfect boat. Not too big not too small. Does everything I need it to do and provides a superior ride in rough water. I've got the 6.2 and it's the perfect combination. It works with my Hydrohoist, fits in my garage, tows easily, carries 8 comfortably and looks awesome! Moving to a X23 requires a new lift and it won't fit in my garage and oh.......what's the difference between the two? It surfs better. I still think the X25 works best for me...at least for a few more years.

Comment

Working...
                              X