The Future of the X25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jaysus View Post
    Hey JB! That X-25 you grabbed was a nice boat. Sharp but not over the top.
    I love the X-25. I would use them on 20+ mile trips off the coast, total faith in the hull but with these new models being competitively priced it's really not a tough choice for most.
    How are you man? I've got your next X-20! LOL!
    Great! I sold that X25 really quick, it had a simple clean look.

I'll be looking to jump into the X23 next, but will probably be 2016 season. No way the wife would let me live if I show up with another new boat. Ha!

Comment

Nice JB! Hope this finds everyone well!
      New England WaterSports http://www.newatersports.com

Comment

Originally posted by willyt View Post
        if you take me out on a new one just remember i'll need a full size ladder.
        Ha - Yeah, I would need a ladder for you & Susan just to get in the boat

Seems like a few have brought the X-2 into the conversation.
        The X-2 is a FANTASTIC boat. I have voiced my opinion w/MC management (along with other dealers) about keeping it in the line. It's everything someone could want in a 20' package.
        Regarding the X-20...more of an X-25 replacement from where I sit.
        It isn't as big in the water as you would think. I was pleasantly surprised at the visibility, performance and height. Takes a little getting used to since I use the X-2 a TON with my family but it's not that far off and definitely handles better than the 25...in my opinion.
        No question, the X2 handles/turns much better than the X25 unless you are in rough water and certainly around the dock.

Comment

Are the wakes between a x-25,x20 and x23 all that different with the same amounts of weight? Looking at pics of stern they sure do appear to have very similar hull shapes???i have always thought the x25 was the best looking most functional boat in the MC lineup. My local dealer also said it was their best selling boat also.

Comment

i was walking away from the X-20 after putting it there and noticed the difference.
            What you see is what I saw. No trickery...lol!
            I'd say that's a spot on size comparison shot. We had the X20, X25, and X30 all lined up next to each other for a while on their trailers. The 20 looked much bigger than the 25 and about as big as the 30. The freeboard has a lot to do with it.

Comment

The X25 is longer, taller and wider than the X20.

It must just be the way it sits on a trailer that makes it "look" bigger.

Comment

This has been my argument about the 20 since the talk of the 20 replacing x2. People buying 20ft boats want/need performance in a garage friendly/smaller tow vehicle package. The x20 eliminates that entire market. It makes zero sense to me. 22ft is where you should start opening up these massive deep boats imo. I just don't see the need or market for it at 20ft

Personally the 25 is probably my favorite MC wakeboat of all time to date. I love everything about it. I especially love the hull and the wake shape it creates. I like the way it handles the rougher water and I also like that fact it doesn't meed 5k of ballast to get the surf wake and wakeboard wake macking. When they do an overhaul to match all the "hip" lines I hope the hull stays similar.
                CURRENT: 2008 SANTE 210 w NSS

2000 Mastercraft Xstar
                2004,2005 Ski Centurion Avalanche C4
                2003, Ski Centurion Cyclone
                99,2000,2001, 2002 Ski Centurion Elite V/Hurricane/lightning
                88 2001 Nautique

Comment

^^^ Agree 100% - That's why I own one

Comment

I looked at the X20 side by side with the X25 and they are not even close in interior space...X25 by a mile. I can't speak to storage thoigh.

Comment

Only argument is that is is a 20ft surf boat for lakes that have that 22 ft restriction like my lake.

That's why I'm rolling with the 21'6" x10

Comment

Originally posted by uplandbird View Post
                        The X25 is longer, taller and wider than the X20.

It must just be the way it sits on a trailer that makes it "look" bigger.
                        You're right. All of the specs on the X25 are bigger. I should have quoted my "looked" comment. It sits way higher on the trailer because of it's hull and "looks" beefy. Interior space-wise the X25 obviously has more room in both the cockpit and the pickle bow. I just hopped through both boats to revisit the storage and I'd say that without the Gen2 bags filled you've got more storage in the X25. When filled you've got about the same amount in both boats.

Comment

Originally posted by MattsCraft View Post
                          No question, the X2 handles/turns much better than the X25 unless you are in rough water and certainly around the dock.
                          Definite downside to all the deeper V hulls is bleeding speed in turns. Not too noticeable wake boarding or surfing since you mostly drive straight anyway, but when zig zagging like when pulling tubes deeper Vs like the X25 suck compared to boats like the X2. I've heard of much worse things to say about a wakeboard boat than it sucks pulling tubes.

I plan on keeping my X25 until the sooner of when it or my body falls apart. It does everything I care about better than I am capable of using.

Comment

Originally posted by MattsCraft View Post

Talking out-load - Once I got used to driving an in-board coming from a lifetime of I/O's I was hooked, and boy the X2 was a dream to drive, compare this to a V-drive/Direct, I/O/X2 night and day handling difference. I sure love the low-rider feel with out all that extra free-board sitting you up high off the water. Second, handling from the X2 to the X25 is a big difference, having the deeper V, night and Day difference around the dock by comparison and certainly turns like a tank.
                            I'm curious what you mean by around the dock? It's tougher to handle, compared to the X2?
                            If so why is that, because its longer?
                            2018 XT22

Comment

Originally posted by 197 TT View Post
                              I love my X2 because I can wakeboard, surf, barefoot and slalom behind it... without the X2 and the X14V in their lineup, seems like there is a gap in crossover boats... Guess it leaves the X10, but I like PF's... and the NXT but...
                              Exactly what I was thinking. What happened to the versatile crossover boats? If I was wanting to purchase a brand new MC, the only boat capable of doing what "I" need it to do is the X2 (which is a beautiful boat, but considerably smaller than what I already have). Of course, this observation is not just limited to Mastercraft either.

Sorry for the thread-jack!
                              Joe

1998 MariStar 225VRS, 350ci LT1

Comment

Originally posted by kgrove View Post
                                Definite downside to all the deeper V hulls is bleeding speed in turns. Not too noticeable wake boarding or surfing since you mostly drive straight anyway, but when zig zagging like when pulling tubes deeper Vs like the X25 suck compared to boats like the X2. I've heard of much worse things to say about a wakeboard boat than it sucks pulling tubes.

I plan on keeping my X25 until the sooner of when it or my body falls apart. It does everything I care about better than I am capable of using.
                                I feel the same way about my X-15 but I can't help but keep looking at the pretty red/white/black X-25 my local dealer has on their lot... I always have liked the X-25. Oh, and I only care about wakeboard wake so it is welcome to suck at everything else.
                                I love to travel, but hate to arrive. ~~ A. Einstein
                                ---
                                Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, Wow! What a Ride! ~~ Hunter S. Thompson
                                ---
                                My wakeboard is calling, and I must go ride! ~~ Me
                                ---
                                It is better to light one small candle than to curse the darkness. ~~ Chinese fortune cookie

Comment

Working...
                                X