205 questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 205 questions

I'm planning on replacing my 85 S&S with a 205 this summer. I'm surprised that guys who are selling their boats don't even know what engine they have. Maybe a red flag, maybe not.

Is there a site where I can enter a serial # and it can tell me the boats details like engine hp, Powerslot etc

Do all LT1 boats come with Powerslot or was that an option

Thanks for the help

Not all LT-1s have the slot. In fact I think it is rare for an LT1 and a slot.
    sigpic1996 Prostar 205 LT-1

Comment

I think the slot was rare in the 205.
      '96 ProStar 205 SD LT-1

Comment

Powerslot is very very rare on a 205 direct drive. I've seen a few more on the v drives. In fact, I know of only one member here that has one, and I recently saw a pro sport on craigslist for sale with one. What year you looking at? We can help determine engine. A dealer may be able to help with serial number, also there are a few threads on here that will help crack the code.

Comment

We are looking '96-'98. That seems to be what I can afford.
          I want the LT1 because we ski mostly above 7500 ft and rarely below 6000
          Thanks

Comment

I'll concur with the slot being a rarely checked option on a 205. Same as Paco_06, I have only seen one, and that's only been in the last few months.
            Previous: 1993 Prostar 205

Red 1998 Ski Nautique, PCM GT40, 310 hp, , Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG/Zbox.

FAQ

Be kind. Have fun.

Comment

What's the powerslot?

Comment

Originally posted by jamesmu2 View Post
                What's the powerslot?
                Gear reduction transmission. Most older are 1.52:1 ratio. Some of the newer are 1.26:1.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                  Thanks
                  This was one of the main reasons why I went with the LT1 in my 205. Elevation and power loss.

My LT1 does great at 6000'. I've taken up to Grandby Lake (I think) at 10,000 feet and it also did decent, given the elevation. Took longer to get up and not the top speed, but could still ski at normal speeds and we were also able to barefoot.

Getting the correct prop is key. You'll need to get a new one if a stock is still on it. ACME or OJ prop will help.

At 2300' in Idaho, our LT1 is a racecar! So fun to drive at that elevation!

Now, back to your year choice.

If you truly only want a ski boat, the 92-95 era boat is a slightly better wake than the 96+. However the 96+ has a bit more room and can be adjusted a little better for wakeboarding if you desire. Just something to think about.

Oh, and mine is a 1:1 drive ratio.
                  - Jeff

1994 205, LT1

Comment

Lake Granby.... visited this place this WINTER and left wanting to buy property there. Pretty dreamy even though we had to imagine what it would be like in summer.....in negative 30 degree weather.

How unbelievably cold was it when you went? We were having a hard time imagining what 10000 foot lake would be like in the summer.

Comment

Originally posted by VP46 View Post
                      Lake Granby.... visited this place this WINTER and left wanting to buy property there. Pretty dreamy even though we had to imagine what it would be like in summer.....in negative 30 degree weather.

How unbelievably cold was it when you went? We were having a hard time imagining what 10000 foot lake would be like in the summer.
                      Definitely on the cool side! I think the ski window is pretty small up there, but bring a wetsuit and you're good to go for another month or two.
                      - Jeff

1994 205, LT1

Comment

We have a strict no wet suits allowed in the summer. If a lake requires it then..... it's someone else lake

Still dug that area - Grand Lake I assume would be even colder.

Comment

Grand Lake area is beautiful. Right at the entrance to Rocky Mountain National Park. My son might be working up there this summer. I've skied there years ago and it doesn't warm up like low landers lakes.

More questions
                          If vinyl has some sunburn, can it be removed or will it always stay discolored?
                          Will all LT1's have "Corvette" on top
                          Thanks again for all the input. It has helped a ton
                          Gregg

Comment

I have a 1994 PS205 for sale... pm if interested.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                              Thanks
                              If you're buying a 205 mostly for skiing, I would suggest looking at the older generation, the 92-95 generation. The newer 205s aren't as good, still good though.

Comment

Working...
                              X