Ronix Wakesurf Board Suggestion Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ronix Wakesurf Board Suggestion Help

I am adding a new board this year... looking for something that will enable more progression with 360's, and hard cut jumps. Yes I realize this is based on experience, so lets not take it there.

I am choosing Ronix due to a discount plus I love their boards. Looking at a 2015 Ronix Koal Skimmer... to push more tricks. I am 5'10 170 lbs... should I go with the 4'3' or the 4'9 board with my size.

Would you select a different Ronix board. I chose this one because its close to a skate board.

Well first off...it's a skim-style board, so it's not exactly built to do cut jumps. you don't exactly get a lot of speed out of a skimmer. Not saying its impossible...just easier out of a surf style. You will however be able to dial in those 360's tho! With that said, at your height and weight, if you went with the 4'9 you may be able to get what you want. I personally don't have experience with that exact board however so take this with a grain of salt as every board reacts different.

Comment

Beg... another Ronix board you may recommend?

Comment

I called Brock at Doomswell and told him my goals and he built it. It's more cash than a single board, but my thinking is it saves me a season of buying boards that sucked for me...
        Attached Files
        2018 Mastercraft NXT 22. All day long.

Comment

Looks like it's shaped like a Ronix Koal Powertail.

Originally posted by kgorman View Post
          I called Brock at Doomswell and told him my goals and he built it. It's more cash than a single board, but my thinking is it saves me a season of buying boards that sucked for me...
          I have a Ronix Duke and it's okay but I am looking for something a bit more "sporty" as they say. I found a Powertail for a great price and pulled the trigger. All I have heard is it's a great board for the bigger guys who want something that turns. It may be one to consider.

Comment

We recently just purchased the ronix carbon powertail. Its a pretty solid board and the first ronix product I have owned. I would highly recommend that board.

Comment

Originally posted by DBrown2 View Post
              Beg... another Ronix board you may recommend?
              I personally would go the route of kgorman and get a custom board. I do love Ronix, don't get me wrong, that's all I buy when in comes to wakeboards. But when you talk surf, there are many other great companies. Vitctoria makes great skims. Also Phase V, Doomswell, Brigade....all great surf and skim manufacturers. Although I can't really comment much on the Ronix boards as I have only tried one, and it was one of their earlier models. But I have heard great things about the Carbon Thruster! If I were to buy one, it'd prob be a Ronix board in the carbon thruster lineup.

Comment

Also...I'd love to try their new 4'5" Carbon Power Tail....looks and sounds promising.

Comment

Working...
                X