Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official NXT Thread Lets see your boats..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My dealer just said that they spoke to Terry at MC and were told the newly designed NXT bimini is not compatible with the 2015 NXT20's tower. But I received zero details about what changed on the tower in 2016 that would change the geometry of the tower. Anyone else contact their dealer about putting the new bimini design on their 2015? Perhaps they only changed the NXT22 bimini, since the photos I saw were of the only of 22. Should I just forget the NXT and order the X20 surf edition my wife keeps building and sending me???
    Attached Files

Comment

Why would you not go X20 if you're thinking about it? Especially if the wife is telling you too. No brainier there.
      CURRENT: 2008 SANTE 210 w NSS

2000 Mastercraft Xstar
      2004,2005 Ski Centurion Avalanche C4
      2003, Ski Centurion Cyclone
      99,2000,2001, 2002 Ski Centurion Elite V/Hurricane/lightning
      88 2001 Nautique

Comment

Comment

Pre delivery last September, put 15 hours on it before storing... Trying to get add rear ballast plumed into existing fill and drain system, dealer is kind of wishy washy... Will keep you posted!

Comment

Originally posted by bdaly126 View Post
            My dealer just said that they spoke to Terry at MC and were told the newly designed NXT bimini is not compatible with the 2015 NXT20's tower. But I received zero details about what changed on the tower in 2016 that would change the geometry of the tower. Anyone else contact their dealer about putting the new bimini design on their 2015? Perhaps they only changed the NXT22 bimini, since the photos I saw were of the only of 22. Should I just forget the NXT and order the X20 surf edition my wife keeps building and sending me???
            I spoke to my dealer and he said that they just installed the new style bimini on a 15 NXT 20 last week. I plan on having mine done soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikenxt20 View Post
              Pre delivery last September, put 15 hours on it before storing... Trying to get add rear ballast plumed into existing fill and drain system, dealer is kind of wishy washy... Will keep you posted!
              I'm waiting on a few more fittings to be delivered and will begin the ballast upgrade on my NXT 20 soon. I'll updated the results when complete.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_NXT View Post
                I spoke to my dealer and he said that they just installed the new style bimini on a 15 NXT 20 last week. I plan on having mine done soon.
                What dealer is doing it? Mine is a bunch of tools.

Comment

Should I just forget the NXT and order the X20 surf edition my wife keeps building and sending me???
                  err... yes, if my wife had sent me a a buildaboat of an X20, I'd already be talking to a dealer

Comment

What dealer is doing it? Mine is a bunch of tools.
                    Texas Mastercraft in Ft. Worth.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_NXT View Post
                      Texas Mastercraft in Ft. Worth.
                      MasterCare rep says the tower changed. Then says they can't retro fit the mounts at this time?

I am going to call Texas MC and see if they can sell me the parts and perhaps I can have it installed locally. If its just mounting points, I'm not worried about having some holes drilled.
                      Attached Files

Comment

So it sounds like they just don't trust their dealer network to drill a few holes in the tower because they need to be precise. I get that. But I asked for the part numbers anyway.
                        Attached Files

Comment

So it sounds like they just don't trust their dealer network to drill a few holes in the tower because they need to be precise. I get that. But I asked for the part numbers anyway.
                          They said it was their first one to retrofit and the did have to call the factory for some guidance but they did get it done. I'll be curious to see what you come up with. I'll call tomorrow and check on the cost.

Comment

Official NXT Thread Lets see your boats..

Tx_nxt...I think they are miscommunicating to you. My '16 came in last week and it was the first with the new bimini. It was the first they had installed and they had issues getting it on and had to call MC. I ordered in late 15 but it definitely is a 16. I'll post pics Wed when we take it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Phl1331 View Post
                              Tx_nxt...I think they are miscommunicating to you. My '16 came in last week and it was the first with the new bimini. It was the first they had installed and they had issues getting it on and had to call MC. I ordered in late 15 but it definitely is a 16. I'll post pics Wed when we take it out.
                              I stopped by the Ft Worth boat show on Friday.....there may have been a few beers involved prior to the conversation? They did say that it could be installed on my '15 though.

Did yours turn out okay though? Please post pics, I'm anxious to see it.

Comment

It is my understanding that they will be retrofitting them.
                                Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
                                Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                                2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon - Ear Injurer

Comment

Working...
                                X