Considering a X2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Considering a X2

I am looking at a 2012 X2 but after reading about problems with Medallion, Perfect Pass, ballast, and other problems in these threads I'm having second thoughts. Would I be better off looking for an older year model or wait and save another year and buy a 2013 with Murphy electronics. The X2 is the perfect size for my boat shed, can't get anything bigger.

Check to see if the system had had the update. You should be good to go if it has.

Comment

I agree with Scott, and I own a 2012. The gremlins are mostly out of the proverbial system by now. Good luck!

Comment

The X2 is perfect size for multiple sports. We love our 14 and put 4 more hours on it yesterday.
        Our 2014 X2 is Sold.

Comment

Just got mine last November had .7 hrs on it now it is at 10 already gonna be a great summer.

Comment

Seems like 2012 was a bad year for the X2, some threads think the 2012 will not hold its value because of the Medellion electronics.

Comment

I have a 2013 X2 that I am selling (50 hours). Currently listed on only inboards. It has the Murphy system. PM me if you want more info.

http://www.onlyinboards.com/2013-Mas...ama-48672.aspx

Comment

I'm also looking at a 2012 X2, would be my first MC. I've been reading a lot on the various issues in 2012, but I'm wondering a few things if you all might be able to clarify:

(1) Are the issues associated with the Medallion software specific to the versions that have the touchscreen?

The boat I'm looking at does not have a screen, I believe it is the GDIG type. From what I've read the latest software is version .54, but again, I wasn't sure if this was specific to the touchscreen models. I saw a video about updating the 2012 GDIG software, and at the time that video was made it was listed as revision 0.25
                http://youtu.be/TS-FUN5hCHA
                Is 0.25 the latest GDIG version still?

(2) A lot of people have said if the 2012 has the updated software and Zero Off, then the bulk of previous issues are resolved. The boat I'm looking at has perfect pass, but I was wondering what a ballpark (reasonable) number would be to retrofit it for zero off. If possible, I'd like to negotiate the price based on me having to pay to add zero off.

It sounds like it's not a major upgrade and it's mostly about getting the GPS module for the speed reference (all of the throttle controls, etc. are already there), so wondering what type of cost it might be to upgrade: $500, $1,000, $1,500, $2,000+???

I've been reading a bunch on these forums for a while, but finally looking to pull the trigger on a purchase and become an MC owner. Thanks in advance for your help!

Comment

Most of the problems with the 2012 boats have been taken care of. I'd be worried about resale though. That will be a big negative for some buyers.
                  Prior boats - (3) X14's, (3) Prostars, and a Tristar.

Comment

I had a 12' X2 and Zero off and updated software are a must! It would be best to call your local dealer and get the price. Don't let them tell you otherwise that it will be fine without this fix, it needs to be done... That said once this was done the boat was awesome! Only other thing to note is the timers are not adjustable, piggy backing bags off the tanks isn't doable.

Comment

You can piggy back off the tanks, it's just not easy.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bcd View Post
                        You can piggy back off the tanks, it's just not easy.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
                        This sounds like a pretty big downside. I always liked the idea of replacing the rear hard tanks with larger bags instead of a piggy back system.

Would this be equally difficult on a 2012?
                        I'm an Indy Skiers member. Contact me about course skiing in Indianapolis.

Comment

Originally posted by Gavin View Post
                          This sounds like a pretty big downside. I always liked the idea of replacing the rear hard tanks with larger bags instead of a piggy back system.

Would this be equally difficult on a 2012?
                          Yes it is pretty well the same thing. To adjust the timers on a 2012 you need a special tool to do so and non of the dealers have it because it's expensive and only good for the one year.

Comment

Just call Wakemakers. I got two separate pumps for a couple of 600 pound bags to go on top of the hard tanks and they give you the switches and wiring and everything you need. Works great on my 12 X-15.

Comment

Working...
                            X