X30 or stick with X45

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X30 or stick with X45

Debating on selling my '05 X45 and replacing it with a new X30. I'm on a fairly large lake that can produce some chop, was curious to see how well the X30 will perform. Will I be dissapointdd with moving to the smaller boat or will the X30 be sufficient?

Hey DoubleE7, I think you will be blown away with the performance and handling of the X30. It has a deeper V and rides significantly higher than the X45. The surf wake with Gen2 is going to be a MAJOR advantage as well as Zero Off speed control.

Don't get me wrong the X45 is an awesome boat, but the tech and design has changed so much that you'll be blown away!

An X46 may be another option to consider!

Comment

I agree with Matt...and I think the X30 is the sweet spot boat right now. The ride is excellent, and the versatility of the X30 is amazing. Your decision is a win/win though. Nice position to be in either way!

Comment

Originally posted by MattSterCraft View Post
        Hey DoubleE7, I think you will be blown away with the performance and handling of the X30. It has a deeper V and rides significantly higher than the X45. The surf wake with Gen2 is going to be a MAJOR advantage as well as Zero Off speed control.

Don't get me wrong the X45 is an awesome boat, but the tech and design has changed so much that you'll be blown away!

I've never been in a new X-30 but I'll say that I don't consider the X-45 a great rough water boat even though it is big and roomy. When I bought my X-35 I originally looked at X-45s because I loved the layout, size and the wake. If i was on a lake that's what i would own. But, I'm on the ocean and it just rides too low for those times the chop kicks up so went with the deeper V of the x-35. It handles the rough water much better. Guessing you would find the same with the x-30 vs x-45.

Comment

Originally posted by gambier View Post
          I've never been in a new X-30 but I'll say that I don't consider the X-45 a great rough water boat even though it is big and roomy. When I bought my X-35 I originally looked at X-45s because I loved the layout, size and the wake. If i was on a lake that's what i would own. But, I'm on the ocean and it just rides too low for those times the chop kicks up so went with the deeper V of the x-35. It handles the rough water much better. Guessing you would find the same with the x-30 vs x-45.
          I'll disagree with this assessment. When we bought, I had my heart set on a 35. We test drove one, and I was thoroughly disappointed. IMO, the 45 is MUCH better in rough water than the 35, layout is way better, and so are both wakeboard and surf wake.

Comment

Completely Agree with you on layout and wakes - no contest.

in rolling waters with 3-4 foot chop - we've taken so much water over the bow of the x-45 trying to get home where the x-35 stays much dryer and much easier to keep from burrying the nose. If you aren't in water that big then probably doesn't matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

X-30 - will handle some Horrible conditions...I have a post somewhere on here about a Lake Powell trip...
              sigpic
              2014 Chap 264 Sunesta
              2019 XT25 GEN2 5500
              2015 X20 SS GEN2 6.0
              2016 G21 Coastal 5.3
              2014 X46 GEN2 7.4
              2014 X30 GEN2 5.7
              2006 VRS200 SS 5.7
              2013 X30 GEN2 6.2
              2013 Yamaha 242LS

Comment

Originally posted by gambier View Post
                Completely Agree with you on layout and wakes - no contest.

in rolling waters with 3-4 foot chop - we've taken so much water over the bow of the x-45 trying to get home where the x-35 stays much dryer and much easier to keep from burrying the nose. If you aren't in water that big then probably doesn't matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                The day we test drove them was probably the roughest I've seen it lake, 3 for chop. Felt like we got the snot beat out of us in the 35, where the 45 offered less of a pounding. To each their own, and I guess our conversation is mute in regards to the OPs question.

Comment

Originally posted by scott023 View Post
                  The day we test drove them was probably the roughest I've seen it lake, 3 for chop. Felt like we got the snot beat out of us in the 35, where the 45 offered less of a pounding. To each their own, and I guess our conversation is mute in regards to the OPs question.
                  Yeah, my only point to OP was that I didn't think he'd be disappointed with rough water performance going to x-30.

In any case, I don't consider my x-35 good in the chuck in the grand scheme of things. Just the best compromise I could find. All tow boats suck in those conditions.

Comment

I think the argument Here was That x30 will outperform x45 in chop as it has a deeper v hull. Hmmmm is it really so? Length is a major factor also in rough water conditions and of the older boats x45 actually has quite deep v hull and actually is really good in chop and that is why I would be very surprised if x30 was better as it is relatively flat in the rear? Handling of x30 is fantastic compared to x45. If you have a perfect pass stargazer in your x45 that works the same as zero off imo. I would look at the x23 if you want a good boat for chop. This boat has a real deep v hull and it has the same freeboard as x35. X45 is low when stationary, but would actually like to know what is the real difference in freeboard between a new x30 and a x45
                    -=MasterCraft All The Way=-
                    sigpic
                    2019 MasterCraft X-Star
                    2017 MasterCraft X23
                    2015 MasterCraft X23
                    2007 MasterCraft X45
                    2009 Malibu WAKESETTER VLX SS
                    2005 MasterCraft X-Star
                    2004 Tige 20v
                    1995 MasterCraft ProStar 190

Comment

Originally posted by MattSterCraft View Post

This may be the furthest thing from the facts. The X45 had one of the deepest Vs' in the MC line. Where as the X30 is a very flat hull in the rear which is not the greatest for rough water. The X45 handles chop excellent. Yes it I a little low in the front but I was never worried about water coming over the front of the boat.

I would like to know how you think the X30 have a deeper V than the X45?

With all of that being said, MC make s a very heavy and sturdy boat which aids in the rough water ride. Yes GEN2 is leaps and bounds better than GEN1 as I have had both. However with the proper weight he x45 has a great wave for that era.

I cant say enough great things about the X45. It was my first MC and overall a great boat. You will never feel cramped in that boat. Had the X23 not come out I would till be in mine.

Comment

Hello, previous owner of 2 X-45's and an X-30. The 30 performs very well and you will be happy with the surf, skate and wakeboard capability. The 30 also handles much easier than the 45 and is a pleasure to drive. I liken it to selling the Suburban and picking up a 4 door sports car. Things to take note of, decreased interior space especially in the bow. Boat entry from the rear can be challenging with the ZFT4 tower and speakers. I am 5'10 and had to swing my head around 4 Rev 8's. Came to have a love hate relationship with the reversible fold down seating. When deployed for rearward facing you need to walk on the side seats and duck to get under the tower. When stowed the metal handle became a shin/foot obstacle. Mostly we would fold it flat and put our gear underneath. All in all the 30 is my favorite MC boat in the lineup.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys, gives me something to think about. Dealer just got an X23 so have another thing to consider. I've heard how well the 30 handles and would like having that "sportscar" drive but don't want a "sportscar" ride. Maybe I need to look up some weighting options for my X45 and save a good chunk of change...

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleE7 View Post
                            Thanks for the info guys, gives me something to think about. Dealer just got an X23 so have another thing to consider. I've heard how well the 30 handles and would like having that "sportscar" drive but don't want a "sportscar" ride. Maybe I need to look up some weighting options for my X45 and save a good chunk of change...
                            ^^Exactly.....this is a major reason why I still have my 45.
                            2008 X-45 Pro Tour Red and White

Comment

Originally posted by Forrest-X45 View Post
                              ^^Exactly.....this is a major reason why I still have my 45.
                              Me too. I was offered the same trade in value as I paid for the boat 6 years ago. Just needed another 60k for the 46 or 23. Sorry, but these new boats aren't worth 60k more than mine. No way, no how.

Comment

Working...
                              X