No announcement yet.

Billet Door Slide Latch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd be interested but aircraft grade titanium sounds pricey.
    '18 XT22 w/5500 & Upgraded Premium Stereo
    (Previous- '08 X2 w/MCX)
    '16 F150 Platinum Screw 3.5L Eco 4x4

I can help with Klipsch Stereo modifications
    www.chesnuttech.com

Comment

Originally posted by LakeDays View Post
      Didn't know if anyone was still interested in aftermarket options for these. I am in the process of getting the slide latch machined out of aircraft grade titanium. Just wondering if there would be any interest among the group. Hoping to be able to sell mine for less than MC wants for junk plastic. Not trying to get rich. Would like people to have a quality product more so. What MC should have done in first place.

I'm in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Can anyone CAD one up? We have two CNCs now but the CAD time tends to be the issue with pricing in very limited runs. Also I want to be sure of the part we're talking about here. Is this the sliding piece that keeps the door open or the small latch pictured two pages back that we're talking about?

Comment

OK I've asked my brother in law to take a look at both parts to get an idea of what it would take to make them and a resale cost. Looks like I may be taking my door off my boat later.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeDays View Post
            Didn't know if anyone was still interested in aftermarket options for these. I am in the process of getting the slide latch machined out of aircraft grade titanium. Just wondering if there would be any interest among the group. Hoping to be able to sell mine for less than MC wants for junk plastic. Not trying to get rich. Would like people to have a quality product more so. What MC should have done in first place.
            Lakedays and Bturner, I'm in, too! I did end up buying a new one from someone and broke that one late last summer...grrrr So to date, I've broken two of these filmsy plastic things.

This is what I need: https://mcpartsdepot.com/collections...6-14-01-m00175

Keep us posted on potential costs for this.
            Former: 2007 X15

Comment

Just talked to my brother in law and he says he can do it in aluminum, possibly stainless. Cost changes quickly with materials used.

I haven't really looked at that part on my boat and it's in storage right now. Any tips on how to take it off and any tools I'll need? Or better yet if anyone has the old part that we could glue back together to get measurements could they send it to us?

Comment

Taking the sliding piece off is really easy. There is a metal pin through the center, poke that out with a small screwdriver. Then the latch will slide off when the door is folded.
                I'm pretty sure I threw my broken one away, but if I run across it I could send it. (It's still enough intact for measurements.)
                '18 XT22 w/5500 & Upgraded Premium Stereo
                (Previous- '08 X2 w/MCX)
                '16 F150 Platinum Screw 3.5L Eco 4x4

I can help with Klipsch Stereo modifications
                www.chesnuttech.com

Comment

I would be interested also

Comment

I can model it. Looks like it would only take a few minutes.
                    I'm an Indy Skiers member. Contact me about course skiing in Indianapolis.

Comment

Gavin, It'll be a week or two before I get to my boat to pull the part off. If you can dimension it and send us the CAD file we could probably manage to slide it in between jobs somewhat quickly.

Still not sure what material would be best to use.

Comment

I am waiting to get the new slide from MC. As soon as it comes in I can take it to buddy's shop and start getting them cut out. Have material in hand.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Bturner2... Just found out buddies CNC is down till end of March. I have the old part and I have blocks of titanium. I could send you the old part and donate the Ti if we work out a deal on shipping and I get one of the final versions. Let me know if any of this sounds doable.

Comment

I've got a CNC in my shop and could do these out of aluminum if people wanted that. Titanium is not only expensive, but more expensive to machine - so I don't see the need for titanium for this part. But that's your call and your money. If you want them out of aluminum and someone could send me a broken part, I could get these knocked out pretty quickly.
                            2013 X-Star - 7.4 Ilmor

Comment

I have most of the pieces of my broken one. I use them right now, and they kind of work, but I could send them. I'd just need some type of replacement before spring
                              2013 X-30, 6.0L with 2500lbs of ballast and 500 lbs of lead.
                              sigpic

Comment

Totally up to you guys - I've got time now, but won't once boating season starts. My machine is is not being used at the moment so if you want to go ahead with this, let me know. 501s, I can PM you my address if you like.
                                2013 X-Star - 7.4 Ilmor

Comment

Working...
                                X