Engine cover strut help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by waterlogged882 View Post
    OEM did not have lifts on an 82 as you know. I put 30 lb on all of the engine covers I have upgraded. Works just fine.

SPD-GSNI-5300-30

Amazon has them significantly less cost than NAPA.

While you were there (floor), did you replace the stringers?

Not to thread hi jack, but will these work on my engine cover on my 99 sport star?
    99 Mastercraft Sportstar

Comment

Yes they should work... just confirm length

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
      sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

Originally posted by mikeg205 View Post
        Yes they should work... just confirm length

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
        So it appears my boat has two separate sets of struts (99 sport star)

One set is small and it just holds the fiberglass engine cover up and the other set holds the lower thing covered in carpet and the fiberglass thing.

I just need the smaller struts.

It says “spring lift gas springs” Atwood Texas SL-31-30 then 278/98 M

Which is the part number? I can’t find either
        Attached Files
        99 Mastercraft Sportstar

Comment

The first is a part number.

Fully extend the unit and measure it from center of eye to center of eye. Measure the fully exposed piston rod.

post back.

93 190
          (safe click)

Comment

The first is a part number.

Fully extend the unit and measure it from center of eye to center of eye. Measure the fully exposed piston rod.

post back.

It’s fully extended in the picture and hard as hell to compress with my hands. If it’s this hard how in the hell will it not hold the engine box up? As pictured it’s a little more than 8.25 inches long. Forgive me for being stupid, but what do you mean center to center?
            99 Mastercraft Sportstar

Comment

Here is a link to click on. I venture to say this or similar will meet your needs. Click around on Scamazon and find your specific application. Your getting warmer. You need something in the range of 30 - 40 lbs. capacity.

Also C-C:

Attached Files
              93 190
              (safe click)

Comment

Here is a link to click on. I venture to say this or similar will meet your needs. Click around on Scamazon and find your specific application. Your getting warmer. You need something in the range of 30 - 40 lbs. capacity.

Also C-C:

Awesome. So could i use two 20lb rated ones?

I just found this info.. and measured and it’s 7.5 center hole
                Attached Files
                99 Mastercraft Sportstar

Comment

That may suffice, however if you can find a little stronger capacity, I think that would be the way to go, just to be on the safe side.
                  93 190
                  (safe click)

Comment

That may suffice, however if you can find a little stronger capacity, I think that would be the way to go, just to be on the safe side.
                    See what you think about these...

Qty (2) 10mm Nylon End Lift Supports 7.5" Extended x 30lbs Struts Gas https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K2FVYNA..._tHC4Cb480J8E5

The screen shot I posted says they have 3/8 ball type socket ends.. what i just linked too says 10mm. Will that work?

Thanks for your help man
                    99 Mastercraft Sportstar

Comment

Originally posted by 99mastercraft View Post
                      See what you think about these...

Qty (2) 10mm Nylon End Lift Supports 7.5" Extended x 30lbs Struts Gas https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K2FVYNA..._tHC4Cb480J8E5

The screen shot I posted says they have 3/8 ball type socket ends.. what i just linked too says 10mm. Will that work?

Thanks for your help man
                      That will do the trick. Make sure the fully extended length comes to a close match with your OEM. Best luck on the install.

I use a small blade screwdriver to remove the locking caps.

93 190
                      (safe click)

Comment

Does anyone have a picture of where the engine box struts are placed on a 1999 ProStar 205? I have a 2 piece box, and two struts on the back hinges. There are at least 2 on the side, but I can't figure out where they attach: to the top cover or bottom piece?)

Comment

Originally posted by wjsully99 View Post
                          Does anyone have a picture of where the engine box struts are placed on a 1999 ProStar 205? I have a 2 piece box, and two struts on the back hinges. There are at least 2 on the side, but I can't figure out where they attach: to the top cover or bottom piece?)
                          This is a pic from my 99 Sportstar.. FYI for my engine cover you need at minimum a 115lb capacity strut. If you need a part # I have one
                          Attached Files
                          99 Mastercraft Sportstar

Comment

Working...
                          X