Boat Buddy, Ramp-N-Clamp or Roller?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boat Buddy, Ramp-N-Clamp or Roller?

My Boat buddy is in bad shape. What should I replace it with?

Thanks!!

New Boat Buddy worked for me. I bought the other clamp and didn't care for it and they would not take it back.

If you're dead set on the clamp, mine is up for sale at the price I got it with the Team discount (shipping included).

I like the Boat Buddy over the roller because I like to load and latch from the boat's driver seat.

Your 197 allows for access to the bow eye. I have an closed bow.
    93 190
    (safe click)
    John 14:6
    (safe click)

Comment

Bow roller
      Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
      Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
      2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
      For Sale:
      2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

i love my ramp n clamp,,, been flawless

Comment

Ramp-n-clamp all the way.

You pay shipping and I'd send you my old boat buddy. Pin is bent so you have to use a screwdriver to get the latch open. Need to make sure it didn't getter thrown in trash this winter.

Comment

Selling my boat with the ramp and clamp, will be picking another one up for the new boat for sure

Comment

I have the ramp n clamp. It's a nice feature but that material rubs off on my boat. It's very sticky. I have found that I have to wet the ramp n clamp once I get my boat close in order to not get it stuck. Maybe it's just me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by markmcfarland View Post
                Ramp-n-clamp all the way.

You pay shipping and I'd send you my old boat buddy. Pin is bent so you have to use a screwdriver to get the latch open. Need to make sure it didn't getter thrown in trash this winter.
                You have a pm!

Comment

Originally posted by Mastercraftdave View Post
                  I have the ramp n clamp. It's a nice feature but that material rubs off on my boat. It's very sticky. I have found that I have to wet the ramp n clamp once I get my boat close in order to not get it stuck. Maybe it's just me.

That is a known issue. I've talked to the guy that makes these and he's working on various fixes for that. Hopefully have that out soon is what he said.
                  My new x-star gets stuff on it from the roller. I think it's because the boat is so heavy and our ramps are pretty steep which causes a lot of weight on the roller/rnc/bb. Putting the rnc on next outing.

Comment

I am a big fan of the RNC

Comment

roller for me. I don't like to power load my boat. Saves the gel and the boat ramp.

Comment

RNC all day long. Proper trailer depth and boat speed and my wife loads the boat and were out of everyone's way in 60 secs

Comment

Love the RNC....I replaced the boat buddy and never looked back.
                          -Brad

Comment

RNC here. Works well for me and so far hasn't marked up the hull when unloading/loading.
                            Mike B

Comment

RNC for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X