No announcement yet.

Surf X10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like a standard CIPA mirror to me.
    -Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mzimme View Post
      Looks like a standard CIPA mirror to me.
      But it has the PTM mount which is the expensive part and makes me wonder if this is the standard cipa mirror that comes standard on MC's. Bc the next upgrade is the $170 polymer vr100. I'd rather have this ptm mount and the vr100 mirror. Vr100 mount, I do not like.
      2016 X20
      2010 X2, MCX-sold
      2011 Sierra 2500HD SLT CC SB 4x4, duramax/allison

Comment

Ours has the proview billet panoramic mirror with that mount and it provides a fantastic view. Super easy to drop the mirror when covering the boat.

Comment

^It came with the boat. My sticker has it listed as "PTM Edge Mirror Mount - $240". It has the bar/swivel mount rather than the ball/swivel. Nice mirror, though would like the wider view and perhaps have it a bit higher off the windshield frame.

Comment

It is a stock mirror and we include the ZXR 100 mount with all X-boats we sell.

Comment

Originally posted by moosehead View Post
              ^It came with the boat. My sticker has it listed as "PTM Edge Mirror Mount - $240". It has the bar/swivel mount rather than the ball/swivel. Nice mirror, though would like the wider view and perhaps have it a bit higher off the windshield frame.
              That answers my question. Thanks! Seems to be a dealer specific thing then b/t what you and Alan S say. It appears the standard cipa mirror from MC is just with the cheap cipa clamp on mount.
              2016 X20
              2010 X2, MCX-sold
              2011 Sierra 2500HD SLT CC SB 4x4, duramax/allison

Comment

Moosehead, I can take care of both of those issues (bigger mirror and height) just give me a call or stop by any time.

Comment

Full Disclosure: I'm Moose and am a recent ballastaholic. The X10 surf wave is tremendous outta the box. Cannot help myself, MCOCD has kicked in now that the boat is in the driveway prior to winter hibernation. Who doesn't want bigger and longer?

So thanks to Doc and DeltaRidingX and other TT ballast hogs, I'm looking to put on a few pounds but still wanting to fit properly into the little black dress. I now have the stocker X10 Fly Highs and Doc's prior 750's from his X30, and some lead.

Here's the brief rundown in stats, X10 measurements are mine, others are Wakemakers website, weight metric is 27.68 cu in water per 1 lb. weight.

Stock X10 Fly Hi: 30L x 24W x 15H = 10,800 cu inches water or 390 lbs (Seem custom to the boat)
                  X10 Locker: 38L x 24W x 18H = 16,416 cu in or 593 lbs

750's Fly Hi: 50L x 20W x 20H = 20,000 cu in or 722 lbs
                  400's Fly Hi: 42L x 16W x 16H = 10,752 cu in or 388 lbs
                  XStar Fly Hi: 40L x 22W x 22H = 19,360 cu in or 699 lbs

Sooooo, based on Delta's experience and the above comparisons, the 750's are a bit thin for the X10 lockers and are long enough to press partway into the transom corner seat storage area one of which contains the battery switch and a fuse panel. They also don't drain fully as the end that presses beneath the transom seat area is at lower height keeping water at that end after draining. Delta's 750's also press the swim platform into the water unless heavily ballasted up front. Partial fill may be the best bet of the 750's in this application. Yea, yea, don't sweat the bag they will conform. The struggle is real.

The XStars from WM look to be slightly taller and thinner than the X10 locker but proper length, so tempted to go that route vs. the 750's. Circa 600 lbs in each X10 rear locker seems optimum all the way around. It's either that or custom to max the weight without overstuffing the girdle, must resist.

I'll have a shot at running the 750's partially filled plus some lead bags in the bow or amidships prior to winter stowage, but it will likely be in a shallower reservoir down in Denver vs. deepwater of home port. Expecting the extra wave and push to be worth the obsession.

Interested in TT thoughts, yes I'm geeking out.

Comment

Originally posted by moosehead View Post
                    Full Disclosure: I'm Moose and am a recent ballastaholic. The X10 surf wave is tremendous outta the box. Cannot help myself, MCOCD has kicked in now that the boat is in the driveway prior to winter hibernation. Who doesn't want bigger and longer?

So thanks to Doc and DeltaRidingX and other TT ballast hogs, I'm looking to put on a few pounds but still wanting to fit properly into the little black dress. I now have the stocker X10 Fly Highs and Doc's prior 750's from his X30, and some lead.

Here's the brief rundown in stats, X10 measurements are mine, others are Wakemakers website, weight metric is 27.68 cu in water per 1 lb. weight.

Stock X10 Fly Hi: 30L x 24W x 15H = 10,800 cu inches water or 390 lbs (Seem custom to the boat)
                    X10 Locker: 38L x 24W x 18H = 16,416 cu in or 593 lbs

750's Fly Hi: 50L x 20W x 20H = 20,000 cu in or 722 lbs
                    400's Fly Hi: 42L x 16W x 16H = 10,752 cu in or 388 lbs
                    XStar Fly Hi: 40L x 22W x 22H = 19,360 cu in or 699 lbs

Sooooo, based on Delta's experience and the above comparisons, the 750's are a bit thin for the X10 lockers and are long enough to press partway into the transom corner seat storage area one of which contains the battery switch and a fuse panel. They also don't drain fully as the end that presses beneath the transom seat area is at lower height keeping water at that end after draining. Delta's 750's also press the swim platform into the water unless heavily ballasted up front. Partial fill may be the best bet of the 750's in this application. Yea, yea, don't sweat the bag they will conform. The struggle is real.

The XStars from WM look to be slightly taller and thinner than the X10 locker but proper length, so tempted to go that route vs. the 750's. Circa 600 lbs in each X10 rear locker seems optimum all the way around. It's either that or custom to max the weight without overstuffing the girdle, must resist.

I'll have a shot at running the 750's partially filled plus some lead bags in the bow or amidships prior to winter stowage, but it will likely be in a shallower reservoir down in Denver vs. deepwater of home port. Expecting the extra wave and push to be worth the obsession.

Interested in TT thoughts, yes I'm geeking out.
                    Moose - call fly high and get the rear bags for the the x10 kit they sell. I have the kit and they fill every square inch. Mike said they are 625-650 lbs each for the rears. Perfect fit in my boat

Comment

^Thanks M13, good advice. Were you gen 1 or 2? Any other tweaks on your X10? I did call and speak to Mike, who obviously is one of the most knowledgeable guys in the surf and wake business.

In short, his view for the ultimate wave in any Vdrive and many DD boats including those with surf devices, is max ballast to drop the surf side rub rail corner to within several inches of waterline to achieve listed displacement, plus enough bow ballast to lengthen the wave. He felt that another incremental +400 lbs in the rear lockers plus another 300-400 lbs bow or amidships would not be nearly as impactful as big-boy ballast. Trying to be accurate with the above as he spoke with authority and credibility.

Will tweak what existing tools there are in the kit and report back, hopefully this season.

Comment

Moose, are you considering listing vs equally weighted with Gen2? I have upgraded to Eight.3 800lbs rear ballast bags and it made a big difference in the amount of push. I am considering lead bags to lengthen the wave. Going to try Colbray's setup that he had on his previous X30:

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=65669

Comment

^Thanks brentrr, glad to hear of the improvement on your vessel. Sounds similar for all the X30 guys.

We'll stay equally weighted. Gen2 not only produces a great wake both sides as-is, but we have goofy & regulars, my wife and 14 yo daughter are now driving watersport tows confidently, and I'm having a blast trying heelside and switchovers. We have also had a similar outcome to Colbray in that extra bow weight helps lengthen the wave even at stock setup.

Mike suggested the cheapest way to test heavy ballast with a list is to get 10 - 200 lb. humans aboard to experience what he's describing.

Comment

Originally posted by cookster22 View Post
                            Moosehead--what lake are you on there?
                            His first pics he posted I thought it was Strawberry Res.

Comment

Thanks to a referral from TT member XC500mod, he had contacted WakeMakers about the X10 options and found out they now have their own LBS line of ballast bags.

One of the options is near perfect for the X10 lockers going from stock size of just under 400 lbs ballast each bag to circa 750 when filled to locker's capacity (820 lbs each completely full). This plus another 300 lbs lead amidships should bring on a Tsunami.

Per Wakemakers on the recent generation X10: "Your lockers are 38" x 24" x 22". The bags you want are the WM LBS 40" x 25" x 20". You will also need the plugs and male fittings below. Have a great weekend."

I have them ready to go for this season's first launch later this week, snow pending. They look as well made as the other options. Will post up how it goes.

Props again to XC500mod and WM.

Comment

I'll be waiting to see your results. I am considering adding weight this year. Thanks for sharing all the info you have found.

Comment

Working...
                                X