Surf X10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moose,

I am waiting for the results as well. Keep us up to date on ease of installation, adjusting the timers, and the final product... the wave.

thanks

by the way, is there an official x10 thread? i searched buy couldn't find one.

Comment

I will probably be upgrading my bow bags this summer. I still find my self adding a 700lb sac on the floor board. I think my next mod will be a plat form riser so its not dragging in the water with all the weight.

We will be out in two weeks for a dry run then the first week of May we are doing a lake camping trip. I will post some pictures.
      2015 X10 Gen 2
      Towed by 2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab

Comment

^Delta, will you just use spacers between the brackets and deck to raise the swim platform, or something else?

Comment

Originally posted by moosehead View Post
          ^Delta, will you just use spacers between the brackets and deck to raise the swim platform, or something else?
          Yeah, I think at this point I will probably put spacers between the brackets and swim platform. at least see how that performs. I will probably machine some out of aluminum or starboard. I plan on keeping the swim platform gap the same as with out. When I do that I can make an extra set
          2015 X10 Gen 2
          Towed by 2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab

Comment

[QUOTE=XC500mod;1234119]Moose,

I am waiting for the results as well. Keep us up to date on ease of installation, adjusting the timers, and the final product... the wave.

X2
            2019 X22
            2014 X10
            2008 X2
            1996 Malibu

Nacimiento Lake/the dragon

Comment

Really like the entire Lake Granby area. We stayed in private home in Tabernash last ski trip - Granby of course frozen - how warm is the water? I'd have thought wetsuit for sure!

Comment

Surf X10

^We are in Tabernash, 15 miles to the slip on Granby and 15 miles to Winter Park Ski Resort.

WM bags are beefy construction with true plug and play. For this X10 size you will need three plugs and two male quick lock fitments per bag.

This is the small screen with stock X10 ballast settings below. Easy enough to add fill and dump time to port and starboard sides.

Comment

Surf X10

Wow. This is first test run with 2 new rear 800 WM sacs and 300 lbs lead amidships (total incremental 1100 lbs ballast over stock). It was steep and long. Peter Dinklage could have ridden in the tube.

No replacement for displacement. She's got some push.

Last edited by moosehead; 05-07-2016, 01:46 AM.

Comment

Moose, that looks awesome!

Do you think the upgrade from wake makers is worth the $300?

Comment

Yes XC, it is noticeable despite stock setup being so solid. Hard to tell from these pics as it was blown out yesterday, but despite first day jitters plus cold water and head winds, I could fall well back in the wake and still recover. Thanks again.

This was steep setting at 10.6 mph, with +1 minute fill/dump time adjustments on port and starboard sides.

Comment

Got my set up on order! pick up the boat at the end of may and will get it installed soon after. i'll try to get some before and after pics.

it's hard to believe so much weight could be left on the table.

Comment

Looks like a great wake. Any reviews or shots with it loaded up at wakeboard speed?

Comment

What was the cost to upgrade to new bags? Did you need extra hose or other materials?

Comment

Here are the links and quantities of the items you will need. Your lockers are 38" x 24" x 22". The bags you want are 40" x 25" x 20". You will also need the plugs and male fittings below.

2x https://www.wakemakers.com/wakemaker...llast-bag.html
                              4x https://www.wakemakers.com/wakemaker...g-fitting.html
                              6x https://www.wakemakers.com/wakemaker...ease-plug.html

that was an email I got from wake makers. I just ordered all stuff above and it was around $425.

Comment

Thanks XC.

Comment

Working...
                                X