No announcement yet.

Surf X10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agree when set up right, this wave rocks. Where are you surfing?

Great vid!

Comment

Surf X10

X10 still puttin’ it up. Labor Day 2020 had poor visibility from wildfires and 77F air temps, 65F water temps, with projected snow and 10F lows tonight. Firefighters need the relief. Drained the block, exhaust, strainer, trans cooler, ballast after this AM’s outing.

Comment

Originally posted by moosehead View Post
        X10 still puttin’ it up. Labor Day 2020 had poor visibility from wildfires and 77F air temps, 65F water temps, with projected snow and 10F lows tonight. Firefighters need the relief. Drained the block, exhaust, strainer, trans cooler, ballast after this AM’s outing.

I miss my X10. Don't get me wrong, the X22 is nice but it seems to require more drivign effort than my X10. Some days I feel like I'm sawing on the wheel like a racecar driver.

Comment

Love the X10! We hit 300 hours on our 2017 today, and loving it every minute!

Comment

I'm not sure this is the right spot to post this, but regardless here goes since the last post is of an X10 set up to tow. I love the forum as a resource and find myself lurking here more and more to support my boat obsession.

I own a 2013 X10 purchased from a friend in late 2019. I'm wondering from other x10 owners about recommendations for towing. We boat mostly locally but also tow over a mountain pass from Seattle to north Idaho to Lake Pend Oreille multiple times a season. I've been towing with the tower up because the tower board racks appear to dig into the Evolution cover we have when they are rotated in and the cover is in place and tight. I like the protection of the cover for the 6.5hr drive each way and the prior owner added a wrap up to the underside of the rub rail so I am not too concerned about damage to the exterior. But, during my summerization clean/ wax I have found some gel coat damage from a storm where our boat road a dock a bit last year behind my driver's side tower and don't want to exacerbate it with the extended tower wobbling on drives any more (I am trying to figure out if there are issues behind the wrap below the rail now too.) Towing with the tower down, I expect I'll have no cover as a back up if something were to try to fly away. My biggest concern is that I've noticed my ski locker seat cushion coming up while underway and I could lose something or possibly a cushion from the rear of the boat. I suspect the seat lift assists may have been changed out at some point and are a little too heavy for the job which makes it pop open easily. Has anyone had this issue and could a simple woven strap with snaps that I screw to the underside of the seat and the fiberglass be the easy solution? Any other advice while towing? I stow my gear within the seats typically so aside from the MC free draining flooring, the only thing that might be on the floor could be a wakeboard, surf board or flat of beverages.

Comment

Originally posted by Russell5 View Post
              I'm not sure this is the right spot to post this, but regardless here goes since the last post is of an X10 set up to tow. I love the forum as a resource and find myself lurking here more and more to support my boat obsession.

I own a 2013 X10 purchased from a friend in late 2019. I'm wondering from other x10 owners about recommendations for towing. We boat mostly locally but also tow over a mountain pass from Seattle to north Idaho to Lake Pend Oreille multiple times a season. I've been towing with the tower up because the tower board racks appear to dig into the Evolution cover we have when they are rotated in and the cover is in place and tight. I like the protection of the cover for the 6.5hr drive each way and the prior owner added a wrap up to the underside of the rub rail so I am not too concerned about damage to the exterior. But, during my summerization clean/ wax I have found some gel coat damage from a storm where our boat road a dock a bit last year behind my driver's side tower and don't want to exacerbate it with the extended tower wobbling on drives any more (I am trying to figure out if there are issues behind the wrap below the rail now too.) Towing with the tower down, I expect I'll have no cover as a back up if something were to try to fly away. My biggest concern is that I've noticed my ski locker seat cushion coming up while underway and I could lose something or possibly a cushion from the rear of the boat. I suspect the seat lift assists may have been changed out at some point and are a little too heavy for the job which makes it pop open easily. Has anyone had this issue and could a simple woven strap with snaps that I screw to the underside of the seat and the fiberglass be the easy solution? Any other advice while towing? I stow my gear within the seats typically so aside from the MC free draining flooring, the only thing that might be on the floor could be a wakeboard, surf board or flat of beverages.
              Tower down, cover off and toss a lead bag on the rear seat.
              2012 MasterCraft X15 5.7L
              2021 Lone Star Master Bash - June 11-13 - Lake Travis, TX
              Instagram: @lonestarmasterbash

Originally posted by uplandbird
              Floating computer systems designed to come to the brink of intentionally sinking are probably going to have some issues.

Comment

Thanks for the reminder to keep it simple. Been overthinking it a bit

Comment

My '13 X10 did the same. I used one of my bungee dock ties. Loop it through itself around the reversible seat rail, tie a knot in the other end and close the observer seat on it.

Comment

Great idea. I was/am considering grabbing a couple steel shot bags but this is another good option. Thx

Comment

beware, I did this and my bag slide off the seat, the seat opened, and I lost a jacket... I think I'm going to mount a velcro strap in the underside of the seat that goes around the bar for he reversible seat. Been using a rope boat it's a pain...

Comment

Working...
                      X