Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Surf X10

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Surf X10

    Buddy who has a X46 came out and claimed the X10 wave was as if not taller and longer than his boat. Stock X10 surf setup with 3 passengers aboard. Surf's up in the Rockies.








  • #2
    Nice wave!

    Go Pros are so much fun, lol!

    Comment


    • #3
      Great pictures. I'm a X10 surfer myself. I'm curious, what board are you guys riding?

      Comment


      • #4
        That is a P5 Daniello Diamond. My buddy was strongly suggesting a Soulcraft surf style.

        Remarkable to go from great surf wave to very good slalom wake.

        Comment


        • #5
          Moosehead--what lake are you on there?

          Comment


          • #6
            I think the X10 is a home run all the way around. I am biased obviously, but 3 season with my 2013 and still have not had that moment where I say "I wish it would do this better".

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Mastercraft13 View Post
              I think the X10 is a home run all the way around. I am biased obviously, but 3 season with my 2013 and still have not had that moment where I say "I wish it would do this better".
              completely agree ...i wish i had gen 2 but other than that its absolutely perfect

              Comment


              • #8
                Cook, this is Lake Granby, come on up.

                Below shot is 32mph and 45% center tab, damn good rec slalom for a vdrive with junk in the trunk.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Moose--looks sweet. Would love to get up there. Maybe soon....

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Surf X10

                    First attempts at spins. Take it easy, point being stock X10 wave with two passengers is pushing around a big noob. Will punch up vid and hopefully surfing later.

                    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VBrt_71SW2c

                    Edit: reposted vid on YT
                    Last edited by moosehead; 07-27-2015, 04:08 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by moosehead View Post
                      First attempts at spins. Take it easy, point being stock X10 wave with two passengers is pushing around a big noob. Will punch up vid and hopefully surfing later.

                      https://vimeo.com/134620133
                      link NO workie? still loading up on Vimeo?
                      sigpic
                      2014 Chap 264 Sunesta
                      2019 XT25 GEN2 5500
                      2015 X20 SS GEN2 6.0
                      2016 G21 Coastal 5.3
                      2014 X46 GEN2 7.4
                      2014 X30 GEN2 5.7
                      2006 VRS200 SS 5.7
                      2013 X30 GEN2 6.2
                      2013 Yamaha 242LS

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        ^Sorry, tried YT instead below. iphone vids this time, GoPro next time.

                        https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VBrt_71SW2c

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by moosehead View Post
                          ^Sorry, tried YT instead below. iphone vids this time, GoPro next time.

                          https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VBrt_71SW2c
                          Thread Jack here!!!

                          I am having the same issue as the second one you show, about 25% of the time my front digs in when I come around, more weight on the back foot, or do I need to be higher up on the wave?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I can finally add to this thread. Had my wife take a video when I was setting up the wake last weekend. I will try and get some side shots next weekend. I wish the channel we were in were a little deeper. I think the depth finder was showing 19-20 foot depth.

                            I have swapped the 400lb rear bags with 750lb and installed a bow sac under the front seats that is piggy backed off the front KGB adding an additional 650lbs. I think I'm only getting about 550-600lbs out of it just because of the space limitations. Surf tab at 90% with no center tab @ 11.7mph.

                            I have also swapped the prop to an OJ #845. The prop is a stump puller and the only way to move this much weight IMO.

                            In the video I have full ballast along with 5 passengers including my self.

                            https://vimeo.com/134696997

                            Also included a photo of my friend behind the boat.
                            Attached Files
                            2015 X10 Gen 2
                            Towed by 2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by moosehead View Post
                              Cook, this is Lake Granby, come on up.

                              Below shot is 32mph and 45% center tab, damn good rec slalom for a vdrive with junk in the trunk.

                              Moosehead, did your boat come with this mirror and mirror bracket or is this an upgrade you did?
                              2016 X20
                              2010 X2, MCX-sold
                              2011 Sierra 2500HD SLT CC SB 4x4, duramax/allison

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X