• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lashburn1
    MC Addict
    • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Robcam9 View Post
    I paid alot to go from a 2014 x46 to a 2016 x23. This was the first time I got to get it on the water as work has gotten in the way.

The X23 was worth every penny. I just can not believe how every year Mastercraft improves on the basics. The racks are better with the new mechanism. The new driver seat is a big improvement and the stereo is much better with two subs and blue tooth.

I traded the x46 because I wanted to push a button and surf. This thing is awesome. The wave at steep is almost to much. With 3 people, bags full, surf left with 80 tab and 15 in the middle, speed at 10.8 this is the longest and largest push I have surfed. More than any one needs.

Here is a pic of my oldest. My son was at hockey. How can that be starting already?
    Wave looks nice.
    Wetsuit?
    sigpic
    2014 Chap 264 Sunesta
    2019 XT25 GEN2 5500
    2015 X20 SS GEN2 6.0
    2016 G21 Coastal 5.3
    2014 X46 GEN2 7.4
    2014 X30 GEN2 5.7
    2006 VRS200 SS 5.7
    2013 X30 GEN2 6.2
    2013 Yamaha 242LS

Comment

• Robcam9
      TT Regular
      • Jun 2016

Air temp was 60 and water was 65. Kids are pretty wimpy!��.

Comment

• Alan-S
        TT Enthusiast
        • Mar 2011

True story.

I delivered a new X-23 the other day and got a chance to surf with the new customers a little bit. I weigh 170 and i was on a large Phase 5 wire (Customer's board) . Surf right steep with the speed bumped to 11.2. We wanted to measure the length so we had a 35' rope tied to the tower. I was maintaining push a few feet behind the end of the rope. I figure I was approximately 28' behind the end of the platform.

I think one of my favorite aspects of the X-23 is the seemingly infinite types of the waves that you can make.

No, I do not have pictures, but maybe the customer does, if so I will post them. I did get this shot of my son.

12.6 mph, no ballast, hahaha. Any slower and the wave would push him to close to the boat, so we had to try to outrun him.
        Attached Files

Comment

• lashburn1
          MC Addict
          • Aug 2013

Looks awesome
          sigpic
          2014 Chap 264 Sunesta
          2019 XT25 GEN2 5500
          2015 X20 SS GEN2 6.0
          2016 G21 Coastal 5.3
          2014 X46 GEN2 7.4
          2014 X30 GEN2 5.7
          2006 VRS200 SS 5.7
          2013 X30 GEN2 6.2
          2013 Yamaha 242LS

Comment

• BDA7
            TT Regular
            • Mar 2015

Finally got another pic surfing.. here is two guys in boat with stock ballast. Yes... someone sitting rear seat. Doesn't need to be there. It's comfortable though!! Btw... not stock settings and Ronix surf rope at full extension.
            Attached Files

Comment

• 6KidSurf
              MC Fanatic
              • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Robcam9 View Post
              I traded the x46 because I wanted to push a button and surf. This thing is awesome.
              +1 MC got it right with how easy, fast, and rider friendly it is to push a pre-set button and go have fun. We take out all ages, all levels each week and can switch levels in seconds or switch from wakeboard to surf and vice versa in minutes (usually in the time it takes for the person to get back to the boat and switch gear). Down time between riders is minimized while fun with friends and family is maximized.

Comment

• Mastercraftdave
                MC Addict
                • Feb 2012

Originally posted by BDA7 View Post
                Finally got another pic surfing.. here is two guys in boat with stock ballast. Yes... someone sitting rear seat. Doesn't need to be there. It's comfortable though!! Btw... not stock settings and Ronix surf rope at full extension.
                What settings are you running?

That wave looks great. I get a wave very similar to that on the Surf Left Settings. Not as much curl but a lot of length...

Comment

• Mastercraftdave
                  MC Addict
                  • Feb 2012

Here is a couple pics of my wave and it really shows the length. That is 20 ft back. The guy in the back owns a G and is blown away by the surf left and right settings.

Surf right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• BDA7
                    TT Regular
                    • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Mastercraftdave View Post
                    What settings are you running?

That wave looks great. I get a wave very similar to that on the Surf Left Settings. Not as much curl but a lot of length...

Dave, 50%, 0, and 0

It's much steeper but not as long. Still plenty long, but we like the wave steeper. What are your settings for the longer wave.

Comment

• Mastercraftdave
                      MC Addict
                      • Feb 2012

Originally posted by BDA7 View Post
                      Dave, 50%, 0, and 0

It's much steeper but not as long. Still plenty long, but we like the wave steeper. What are your settings for the longer wave.
                      I will have to check that out. I'm pretty sure its 85%, 5%, 0 but I need to verify. I tweaked the settings a tad to try something's.

Comment

• mebin
                        TT Newbie
                        • Jan 2014

Thinking of upgrading from 2014 x30 . Have a good deal on 2016 x 23 but has 6.0 and small screen wondered for those who have upgraded from 30. Are the tweaks to wake that important to stock settings that small screen will make this to much of a pain? Anyone with a 6.0 ?

Comment

• jgraham37128
                          TT Regular
                          • Oct 2012

X23

Originally posted by mebin View Post
                          Thinking of upgrading from 2014 x30 . Have a good deal on 2016 x 23 but has 6.0 and small screen wondered for those who have upgraded from 30. Are the tweaks to wake that important to stock settings that small screen will make this to much of a pain? Anyone with a 6.0 ?

I would pass.... It should be cheap the two most expensive options have been left off.

Comment

• Mastercraftdave
                            MC Addict
                            • Feb 2012

Stay away from an X23 and the 6.0L. Resale will suffer a lot.

Comment

• Vinkris
                              TT Newbie
                              • Aug 2015

dont do it. I'm not sure what your elevation is but 6.0 is not enough power for the x23 loaded up. its a heavy boat that takes on a lot of ballast. add bodies and you won't be happy.

Comment

• uplandbird
                                MC Devotee
                                • Aug 2014

Whoa- There are many X23's out there with the 5.7.

If the 6.0 isn't enough, what's the story with the base engine?

Comment

Working...
                                X