No announcement yet.

X23 Surf Wave- Worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can't get an x23 with a 5.7. even after being in a x23 with the 6.2, I'd say 7.4 or bust lol
    Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
    Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
    2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
    For Sale:
    2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

• Originally posted by MC25 View Post
      You can't get an x23 with a 5.7. even after being in a x23 with the 6.2, I'd say 7.4 or bust lol
      Coming from the guy with a 5.7L in his X30......

The X23 with 10 people properly positioned in the boat with 3k in ballast never has me wishing for more with the 6.2L.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mastercraftdave View Post
        Coming from the guy with a 5.7L in his X30......

The X23 with 10 people properly positioned in the boat with 3k in ballast never has me wishing for more with the 6.2L.
        X23 weighs 1000 more pounds... What's the horsepower per pound ratio there? Lol
        Aric

Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
        2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
        For Sale:

Comment

• Originally posted by jgraham37128 View Post
          I would pass.... It should be cheap the two most expensive options have been left off.

This!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Yup, no way I would buy a X23 without the big screen. I could probably be convinced that the 6.0 would work if you worked with some of the prop guys, but the small screen would be a deal breaker on a boat of this price.

Comment

• Originally posted by mebin View Post
              Thinking of upgrading from 2014 x30 . Have a good deal on 2016 x 23 but has 6.0 and small screen wondered for those who have upgraded from 30. Are the tweaks to wake that important to stock settings that small screen will make this to much of a pain? Anyone with a 6.0 ?

We just got a 2015 X30... Great boat!

What are you hoping to get in the X23?

Comment

• Originally posted by jjsaustin View Post
                We just got a 2015 X30... Great boat!

What are you hoping to get in the X23?

Pics? Here's mine.

Comment

• I wondered if all that green would be overwhelming. On the street it kind of is. On the water it's amazing. Bold. Loud. Sexy. FUN.

Comment

• Another day done on the x23. Just two people, 1/4 tank of fuel and an awesome wave. So worth it!
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Thanks everyone for the reply is helpful. We have loved the x30 and has been great boat. I have three boys and has been a family activity that has brought us all together. We surf 100% of time and was hoping to improve the wake a bit. Right now we have 750 in back 400 of lead up front and run a belly bag and wave is really good but when we all went out and demo x 23 thought this wave was the next step up. Also have the 5.7 in my 30 now and with all that weight really chugs at times . It's all great and almost feel stupid sometimes wanting more but it has really been the activity where I have all my kids at once together. Doing something we all like it's just been such a great thing hoping the x23 wave will just give us a little better wave with the ability to customize it for each kid and not have to run belly bag in middle

Comment

• Also the reason for these questions is I have found a boat I like the looks of but had 6.0 and small screen, or have a ok alternate with large screen, great options but 6.0 anything else my dealer is gonna have to look out of state which im sure is gonna drive up cost. So alternative is to wait another season ?

Comment

Also the reason for these questions is I have found a boat I like the looks of but had 6.0 and small screen, or have a ok alternate with large screen, great options but 6.0 anything else my dealer is gonna have to look out of state which im sure is gonna drive up cost. So the alternative is to wait another season ?

then I would ask these questions; you have a 5.7 x30, loaded you notice the sluggish performance.

1. why not re-prop the 6.0l x23 if all you are going to do is surf; What altitude are you at,(https://www.wakemakers.com/oj-814-propeller.html).

2. why not look at a year old boat
                          http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=76543

3. why not reprop the x30; really try to dial it in based off of others advice (DocPhil, Colbray, The Woon's) before making the switch.

I would say the smaller engine is going to make it tough to sell, the smaller screen will make it very difficult, more so than the engine. just my thoughts.

Comment

Also the reason for these questions is I have found a boat I like the looks of but had 6.0 and small screen, or have a ok alternate with large screen, great options but 6.0 anything else my dealer is gonna have to look out of state which im sure is gonna drive up cost. So alternative is to wait another season ?

Have you had a chance to demo the 6.0? I would load it up with people and give it a try.

Comment

• Originally posted by MC25 View Post
                              You can't get an x23 with a 5.7. even after being in a x23 with the 6.2, I'd say 7.4 or bust lol
                              That's not true with the three tab auto launch. Last weekend 10 people on boat full ballast 6.0 xstar with oj 14x13 prop no problem getting to wakeboard speed.

Comment

• Originally posted by markmcfarland View Post
                                That's not true with the three tab auto launch. Last weekend 10 people on boat full ballast 6.0 xstar with oj 14x13 prop no problem getting to wakeboard speed.
                                I'm just basing my experience off of a stock loaded down 6.2 x23. stock vs stock, my 5.7 x30 feels the same performance as a 6.2 x23
                                Aric

Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                                2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                                For Sale:

Comment

Working...
                                X