This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dealer demo policy

I was hoping for some feedback... We're ready to purchase a new '15 or '16 MC and have been looking at the only local dealer in our area. We've discussed a test demo to compare wakes, however their policy is a bit restrictive. In order to get in the water, they require an executed purchase contract and $1,000 deposit which is refundable if you elect not to finalize the purchase. I understand them not wanting to waste time with joy rides, however we are dead serious buyers and have expressed such. They seem to have a brash take-it-or-leave-it attitude. Suffice it to say they are very proud of their products, and probably rightfully so. I just have a hard time negotiating a price on a boat I haven't even seen in the water.
    Have been to the Supra and Malibu dealer and they are happy to haul a boat out for a test, no questions asked. Just wondering if this dealer's policy is normal. We pulled up in a brand new Denali... you'd think we looked homeless or something!

Originally posted by peterjbrown71 View Post
    I was hoping for some feedback... We're ready to purchase a new '15 or '16 MC and have been looking at the only local dealer in our area. We've discussed a test demo to compare wakes, however their policy is a bit restrictive. In order to get in the water, they require an executed purchase contract and $1,000 deposit which is refundable if you elect not to finalize the purchase. I understand them not wanting to waste time with joy rides, however we are dead serious buyers and have expressed such. They seem to have a brash take-it-or-leave-it attitude. Suffice it to say they are very proud of their products, and probably rightfully so. I just have a hard time negotiating a price on a boat I haven't even seen in the water.
    Have been to the Supra and Malibu dealer and they are happy to haul a boat out for a test, no questions asked. Just wondering if this dealer's policy is normal. We pulled up in a brand new Denali... you'd think we looked homeless or something!
    BS - which dealer?
    sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

if you don't like em now, imagine how it will be when there is a problem down the road and they already have your money.

Comment

Originally posted by jafo9 View Post
        if you don't like em now, imagine how it will be when there is a problem down the road and they already have your money.
        yeah no kidding -
        sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

None of the good MC dealers I know for this. MWMC or TLE

Comment

I'm a MC guy through and through, but you should have a dealer that you are comfortable with over the long haul. My $0.02.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeg205 View Post
              BS - which dealer?
              Agree with Mike on this one, total BS

Comment

That's what I was thinking... we are really leaning towards the x10 for versatility, but I guess I'll be forced to buy a Malibu VTX instead. I'll be sure to swing the MC dealer to buy new orange flag while trailering my new boat.

I was hoping not to throw the dealer under the bus by calling them out specifically, as I'm holding out hope in humanity and or greed will eventually get me a dang ride.

Comment

Yea, I'm going with BS on this.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeg205 View Post
                    BS - which dealer?
                    ^^^^^
                    they are NOT interested in selling you a boat
                    sigpic
                    2014 Chap 264 Sunesta
                    2019 XT25 GEN2 5500
                    2015 X20 SS GEN2 6.0
                    2016 G21 Coastal 5.3
                    2014 X46 GEN2 7.4
                    2014 X30 GEN2 5.7
                    2006 VRS200 SS 5.7
                    2013 X30 GEN2 6.2
                    2013 Yamaha 242LS

Comment

Originally posted by peterjbrown71 View Post
                      Our dealer hauled an x20 over 100 miles round trip for us to demo about a month ago. We hadn't even discussed any price yet and sure as hell didn't pay a deposit to do so. They just know we are looking to make a move someone in the next YEAR. My opinion (and we know how opinions go) they are shooting themselves in the foot. What's the harm? Worst case they get to get out of the office and take an awesome boat out on the lake? That would be enough reason for me to wanna take someone out to demo.
                      2016 X20
                      2010 X2, MCX-sold
                      2011 Sierra 2500HD SLT CC SB 4x4, duramax/allison

Comment

lashburn1 - what is the ski wake like on your x30's? This is the primary driver for us... wife still likes to slalom. No course, just aggressive open ski.

Comment

Originally posted by jafo9 View Post
                          Ditto.
                          2016 X20
                          2010 X2, MCX-sold
                          2011 Sierra 2500HD SLT CC SB 4x4, duramax/allison

Comment

X30 not a great slalom boat - nice room but a bit rampy for slalom - I have skied behind a 2013 x30

Comment

Interesting place to start asking ? about MC after such a supposedly poor dealer experience. What state are you in?

Comment

Working...
                              X