X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcjimmy33
    replied
    Just to put it in perspective, my dealer emails me every week about what lake and time they are going out to take people surfing/boarding behind the new boats. I am not even in the market for a new one. They got my email from the boat show in January. All they ask in return is that you email them that you are coming so they bring enough boats. Even let you demo boards/etc and you can request which boat they bring out.

Leave a comment:

• mikeg205
    replied
    Hi Peter - who's the dealer?

Leave a comment:

• peterjbrown71
    replied
    They have at least 2 2015 X-10's available for demo. Maybe if they're sitting on them in December they'll be more inclined to launch one.

Leave a comment:

• csherbo
    replied
    Are you sure they have an X10? Maybe they don't have one, and they have to pull it from another dealer. If they were going to buy it off another dealer, then the contract and deposit could make sense, but I would expect them to be upfront about it.

Leave a comment:

• scott023
    replied
    Originally posted by lashburn1 View Post
    ^^^^^
    they are NOT interested in selling you a boat
    This is what I think to. If they wanted a wake, they'd make the potential customer happy.

Leave a comment:

• scott023
    replied
    No reason to put a deposit on for a test drive. I'd tell them to buck up and put it in the water.

Leave a comment:

• Rockman
    replied
    That is total BS. That dealer will just cause more misery AFTER you buy a boat.

So here's an idea...there are a TON of good people on this board and most likely a few on here that have a boat fairly close to what you are interested in buying that live close to you.

Offer up some gas money and maybe a few beers and have them take you out on THEIR boat.

By doing this you will not only get honest feedback on how they like / dislike their boat but you may find out some of the tricks they are doing to get that perfect surf wake, etc.

You may also meet a few people who you may become good friends with and then ski/surf together in the future.

We all love our MCs and love talking about them. That's why TMC exists.

If I had the boat you were interested in buying and you were close to me, I would have no problem taking you out to test it out...

You should have to make ridiculous efforts test driving a boat...especially if you are seriou about buying.

Good Luck!

Leave a comment:

• mikeg205
    replied
    Originally posted by ttu View Post
    i would call the dealer one more time and only one more and tell them you intend to go another path if they don't demo and if they stick with their crap demo policy, run!
    get a demo and run anyway...

Leave a comment:

• ttu
    replied
    i would call the dealer one more time and only one more and tell them you intend to go another path if they don't demo and if they stick with their crap demo policy, run!

Leave a comment:

• peterjbrown71
    replied
    Originally posted by 73blue View Post
    I guess i'm a little different than most on here. If I was going to spend ~$100k on a boat, I'd get the boat I wanted. I wouldnt buy a second or third choice because I didnt like the salesman. Ideally, you'll spend more time in the boat than with the dealer anyway. Actually when I bought mine, I didnt care for the dealer or salesman, having worked with them before. But thats where I had to go to get my boat. Fortunately for me, now we have a different local dealer, and even though I didnt buy my boat from him, he's always taken care of me.
    I agree whole heartedly... IF I could test it first!

Leave a comment:

• 73blue
    replied
    I guess i'm a little different than most on here. If I was going to spend ~$100k on a boat, I'd get the boat I wanted. I wouldnt buy a second or third choice because I didnt like the salesman. Ideally, you'll spend more time in the boat than with the dealer anyway. Actually when I bought mine, I didnt care for the dealer or salesman, having worked with them before. But thats where I had to go to get my boat. Fortunately for me, now we have a different local dealer, and even though I didnt buy my boat from him, he's always taken care of me.

Leave a comment:

• peterjbrown71
    replied
    After hearing all of this, I'm am going to give them one more attempt at a demo and just move on. uplandbird I agree. Who would have thought it would be a pain in the *** to spend $100K on a boat? It took me a while to come to grips with that concept to begin with!

Leave a comment:

• uplandbird
    replied
    What a truckload of crap. Nobody who can afford these kinds of expensive brand new boats would agree to this gestapo tactic.

I would NEVER spend this kind of money without a test drive. My dealer towed an X25 150 miles to MY home lake to show it to me. No strings attached.

Leave a comment:

• ahhudgins
    replied
    Does Nancy Pelosi own the dealership?

“You have to buy the boat before you find out what’s in it!”

Leave a comment:

• peterjbrown71
    replied
    Thanks for all the replies. We are interested in the X-10, the dealer said the wakes were similar in height but the X-30 would be wider due to the hull size. I hope we figure out a way to try the X-10... considering a trip or mini vacation out of the area to try one. Hopefully if I fly out to try a boat the dealer will assume I'm serious.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X