Best place to buy new Holley 4160

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best place to buy new Holley 4160

Does anyone here have a connection for a brand new Holley 4160 carburetor? The best deal I've found so far is around $579. Feel free to post here or pm me. Much appreciation as always.

Last edited by Spork; 11-16-2015, 06:43 PM.
    /spĂ´rk/
    a spoon-shaped eating utensil with short tines at the tip

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
      ^ This is about the cheapest you'll find on this model new. You can buy a Holley factory refurbish for ~400. Refurbish or Reman from another vendor not on your life.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Holley-0-803...25.m3641.l6368
      Thank you for that connection, haven't seen the factory rebuild. Has anyone here tried a factory rebuilt with good success? I'm wondering if it would be smarter just to spend the extra $179 for the new?

Comment

I'd get the rebuild if it were my money.
        Previous: 1993 Prostar 205

Red 1998 Ski Nautique, PCM GT40, 310 hp, , Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG/Zbox.

FAQ

Be kind. Have fun.

Comment

Jegs used to carry them as well but I can not find it on their site right now. Last time I looked there they were the cheapest by a long way. Might be worth a call to them and ask.

Comment

Advance Auto Parts still has this part number in their list, though shows out of stock. Their price is $619.99 but they have a 15% discount available which would make for a better price. Probably worth a try. They have online assistance available.
            CUSTOM WHEEL & TIRE PACKAGES
            sigpic

CUSTOM DECALS - EMAIL FOR MORE INFO

$125 LED TRAILER LIGHT PACKAGE - FREE SHIPPING
            REBUILDING HOLLEY MARINE CARBS - $350 DELIVERED
            REBUILT COMPLETE MARINE HOLLEY 4160 CARBS $549 DELIVERED
            Email - [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
              Advance Auto Parts still has this part number in their list, though shows out of stock. Their price is $619.99 but they have a 15% discount available which would make for a better price. Probably worth a try. They have online assistance available.
              Thanks Peter, I looked at Advanced, the online discount is $50 max and unfortunately we have a 9.75% sales tax rate in Tennessee, so that would make it about the same price. I know you rebuild carburetors and I'm curious how much success you have with that particular model? Thx

Comment

Originally posted by east tx skier View Post
                I'd get the rebuild if it were my money.
                I'm leaning heavily towards the factory rebuilt carburetor for $399

Comment

Best place to buy new Holley 4160

Originally posted by h_2_o View Post
                  Jegs used to carry them as well but I can not find it on their site right now. Last time I looked there they were the cheapest by a long way. Might be worth a call to them and ask.

I found this at Jegs.

Comment

PM sent.
                    CUSTOM WHEEL & TIRE PACKAGES
                    sigpic

CUSTOM DECALS - EMAIL FOR MORE INFO

$125 LED TRAILER LIGHT PACKAGE - FREE SHIPPING
                    REBUILDING HOLLEY MARINE CARBS - $350 DELIVERED
                    REBUILT COMPLETE MARINE HOLLEY 4160 CARBS $549 DELIVERED
                    Email - [email protected]

Comment

Juiced, PM me once you find the cheapest hookup? i'm looking to replace/rebuild mine this winter as well.

Comment

Call Discount Inboard Marine. They will usually give you a 10% discount, especially if you are a new Customer. I've heard they will set it up perfectly for you so all you have to do is bolt it on and fire it up.

http://www.skidim.com/4160-CARBURETO...info/RA052003/

Comment

Originally posted by T-bone View Post
                          Call Discount Inboard Marine. They will usually give you a 10% discount, especially if you are a new Customer. I've heard they will set it up perfectly for you so all you have to do is bolt it on and fire it up.

And they will give you the best support if you happen to have a problem. Great to work with, I bought one from them this spring, worked great all I had to do was adjust the idle.

Comment

I decided to take j.mccreight advice and go with Holley factory return. These are not rebuilt carbs but rather new returns customers weren't happy with. I decided to pull the trigger now because this morning there were 2 and I just bought the last one.

Comment

Originally posted by T-bone View Post

Thanks, I buy from skidim all the time and have been very happy with their customer service in the past. I felt saving $200 on the factory refurb carb was worth a shot. If it doesn't perform to perfection, I'll be returning it.

Comment

Working...
                              X