X9 in Texas - Anyone know the boat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X9 in Texas - Anyone know the boat?

Hey guys, I just put a refundable deposit down on this boat and I was wondering if anyone knew anything about the history of this boat.

http://www.texasmastercraft.com/vehi...fby=dealersite

I'm going to look at it next week.

Note: I know the X9 isn't one of the more popular models but I need a great ski and wakeboard boat. Also, I need something larger than my MB Sports Boss 190.

Thanks everyone!

I am gonna swing by there probably pretty soon. Let me know if you want someone to look at it. But I can promise you that you won't find a better dealer than Texas mastercraft. They will give you nothing but the truth with fantastic customer service.
    Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
    Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
    2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
    For Sale:
    2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

Originally posted by MC25 View Post
      I am gonna swing by there probably pretty soon. Let me know if you want someone to look at it. But I can promise you that you won't find a better dealer than Texas mastercraft. They will give you nothing but the truth with fantastic customer service.
      I'll be there next Thursday to take a look at it. They are actually picking me up from the airport. That is good to hear about Texas Mastercraft. I've been talking with them for the last 2 weeks about this boat and I finally put cash down this morning.

Comment

No history on this one. I had a 05 X9. Loved it until the kids and their friends got to be adult sized. Then the wife sat in the bow of a pickle fork. Switched. I liked the way it skied. Wake was not bad for my son. He did rolls on wake board with stock ballast. We were able to surf with a big bag at the stern. Handled chop ok, liked the manners of this boat a lot. Not a whole lot of storage as expected with a dd set up. Not a crowd favorite, I'm a huge fan of the X9
        Screws fall out all the time, the world is an imperfect place.

Comment

Rats. I was looking at that boat for our first MC. I guess I have to be faster next time. Why are there so few blue boats?
          I'm an Indy Skiers member. Contact me about course skiing in Indianapolis.

Comment

Originally posted by KyleNowad View Post
            Note: I know the X9 isn't one of the more popular models but I need a great ski and wakeboard boat.
            I've owned four Mastercrafts, and the X9 was by far the most versatile. Great slalom, nice ride in the chop, good storage, and it even surfs really nice when you add the weight. I think it's only less popular because slalom is unfortunately less popular these days too. Excellent boat.

Good luck!

Comment

I would have them take a good look at the Brake Calipers to make sure they have been upgraded to Kodiak brand. My 2005 had the old brand of calipers and locked up with very few hours on the trailer while pulling it home from OKlahoma. Left me stranded with a ruined axle.

Comment

I like the X9, and this is one is a beauty!

Comment

Originally posted by KyleNowad View Post
                  Hey guys, I just put a refundable deposit down on this boat and I was wondering if anyone knew anything about the history of this boat.

http://www.texasmastercraft.com/vehi...fby=dealersite

I'm going to look at it next week.

Note: I know the X9 isn't one of the more popular models but I need a great ski and wakeboard boat. Also, I need something larger than my MB Sports Boss 190.

Thanks everyone!
                  Nothing wrong with X9!! Hope it is as nice as what you are looking for GL!!
                  Attached Files

Comment

What a find - a 2006 with only 99 hours! We've had our 2015 for a little over 2 months and have 50 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Gavin View Post
                      Rats. I was looking at that boat for our first MC. I guess I have to be faster next time. Why are there so few blue boats?
                      Have you seen this one? It is a red 2005 with only 105 hours. It also looks like you get everything in his garage.

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/20...aft-X-9-656083

Comment

Originally posted by kingwoodlee View Post
                        I would have them take a good look at the Brake Calipers to make sure they have been upgraded to Kodiak brand. My 2005 had the old brand of calipers and locked up with very few hours on the trailer while pulling it home from OKlahoma. Left me stranded with a ruined axle.
                        Great suggestion! I'm going to have 2152 miles home and that would be a bummer to have any issues heading home.

Comment

I think the only "knock" on the X9 is that it was a DD ski boat, and the slalom wake was a little subpar by some standards. The X14 was much improved from what I have heard. (Never been on an X9) But with it being based on the 210 hull, the boarding and surf wake should be better than any other MC inboard. There is always a trade-off on a crossover boat.
                          Prior boats - (3) X14's, (3) Prostars, and a Tristar.

Comment

I'll echo the positive comments about TXMC. Bought my current boat from them sight unseen and it was exactly as described. Transaction could not have been smoother. (Big thanks to Kyle on the purchase too)
                            Prior boats - (3) X14's, (3) Prostars, and a Tristar.

Comment

I did see the red one but it's in California and I'm in Indiana. I'm also planning on trading in our runabout so I'm stuck buying from a dealer this time.
                              I'm an Indy Skiers member. Contact me about course skiing in Indianapolis.

Comment

Working...
                              X