No announcement yet.

new boat reveals - why are they so bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new boat reveals - why are they so bad?

so malibu just launched their M235... with probably the worst marketing video ever. ever. ever. it makes nautique look like geniuses with their #gamechanger on minuscule changes to the G, and even tops the 'hey here's the new xstar even though we're not done with the hull' that MC pulled. OK maybe the last one was worse... but seriously, why cant this industry get these reveals right?

the X23 and X26 reveals have been better - accompanied my multichannel communications... but still...

Red-necks and boats....... :rotf:

Originally posted by bturner2
    Myself I'll live on the edge and surf without a helmet.

Comment

I actually wanted info on the boat, but all I heard was "best," "ultimate," "no other manufacture," at least 2000 times. No information, so yea I agree. Weak launch

Comment

Malibu purchased an X23 and a G and combined the two. Look at the rear!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yea, I'm not sure I care for the look. The X23 and Gs def look better. I'm sure it will be good for Malibu though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mastercraftdave View Post
            Malibu purchased an X23 and a G and combined the two. Look at the rear!!

Totally agree. If it didn't say Malibu on the platform, I thought it was a MasterCraft.
            If its not a competition ski boat, its always second best.

2008 MasterCraft X14, LY6, 400 HP
            1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205 (SOLD)

Check out MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

Comment

I have to agree. I thought this was a terrible launch. No spec's were given on the boat. They also mentioned this to be compared to a Lamborghini, that's great and all but they should have explained why this is such a great boat, other then showing surf gate, the dash, and wedge which everyone knows about I don't see what's so great. The other thing to note they released this while all their dealers sales staff are at the dealer meeting. No one can call a dealer and ask questions or order a boat.....

Comment

Meanwhile... Roush meets the water. I need a new job.

http://www.supraboats.com/roush

DROOOOOOOOL

-Mike

Comment

The current prostar reveal was up there. I liked it

SLALOM EVERYDAY

Comment

Originally posted by mzimme View Post
                    Meanwhile... Roush meets the water. I need a new job.

http://www.supraboats.com/roush

DROOOOOOOOL

I know a lot of you are Ilmor fanatics but you have to admit Indmar does some cool stuff. I think they've really upped their game over the past 4-5 years since MC went to Ilmor. They also seem to have more entry level steps before having to spring 4 or 5 grand to take the next bump in HP.

Comment

Still like my Indmar. It has been and continues to be reliable.
                      I love to travel, but hate to arrive. ~~ A. Einstein
                      ---
                      Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, Wow! What a Ride! ~~ Hunter S. Thompson
                      ---
                      My wakeboard is calling, and I must go ride! ~~ Me
                      ---
                      It is better to light one small candle than to curse the darkness. ~~ Chinese fortune cookie

Comment

I prefer GM base over Ford, but I really do like the Raptor series and how they have a half cooling system standard. To get that on a MC costs 4-6K with a SS package. Running a half system protects the engine against temp spikes and makes winterizing a lot easier.

Comment

theres a good thread on TMC about the raptor engine and why its far less superior than the LSA for supercharging (bottom end has no modifications, whereas the LSA was reinforced with the supercharger in mind).

Comment

I was posting that more based on the "Roush Edition"... while it does come with a supercharged 500hp/575lb/ft motor, it's also just a badass boat. Love the gel scheme on it, love the dash, the flooring, I mean... the whole thing is just sick.

How sweet would it be to see a MasterCraft X23 ZR1 or Lingenfelter edition?
                            -Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mzimme View Post
                              I was posting that more based on the "Roush Edition"... while it does come with a supercharged 500hp/575lb/ft motor, it's also just a badass boat. Love the gel scheme on it, love the dash, the flooring, I mean... the whole thing is just sick.

How sweet would it be to see a MasterCraft X23 ZR1 or Lingenfelter edition?
                              That would be sweet!

Comment

Working...
                              X