Fresh Air Exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fresh Air Exhaust

Any thoughts on this? I love the sound of my boat but would love to reduce exhaust noise when surfing. Engine noise seems to kill any mid or low range music. Seems like it would be very Stressfull on the system and transom by the exhaust output because the FAE system terminates right in front of the prop wash.

^ I have one on my Star and love it. Rock-steady design, attach points are non-stressful, and significantly reduces both noise and fumes when surfing...recommend

Comment

Best stereo upgrade you will make. Surf volumes can almost be cut in half to get the same effect. I noticed no ill effects to wake or engine performance.

Comment

Thanks gentlemen.

Comment

I have a 2013 X30 and I got fae last year. It's great. That's all I can say. Every boat I own will have it from here on in.
          2013 X-30, 6.0L with 2500lbs of ballast and 500 lbs of lead.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tristarboarder View Post
            ^ I have one on my Star and love it. Rock-steady design, attach points are non-stressful, and significantly reduces both noise and fumes when surfing...recommend
            What he said!

Comment

Purchased one at the end of last summer but haven't installed it yet (boat Is 4 hrs away). But I will say the owner of the company was great to deal with and the product is high quality. Definitely going on this spring!

Comment

I love mine, relatively easy to install and definitely cuts down on the boat noise. Surfing is a significantly better experience due to the low noise and no smell. I've see no ill effects in terms of wake, vibration, or engine power. The key is to give them very good measurements, especially if you have a center tab on your boat. Make sure to get enough clearance so the tab move freely.

One of the best things I've done to my X-55!
                2013 X55 6.2 OPS & Gen 2 Surf System
                Home Water: California Delta

Comment

I have one of these new in a box for my X-2 , I would sell it or trade it for my new X – 30
                  sigpic
                  2014 Chap 264 Sunesta
                  2019 XT25 GEN2 5500
                  2015 X20 SS GEN2 6.0
                  2016 G21 Coastal 5.3
                  2014 X46 GEN2 7.4
                  2014 X30 GEN2 5.7
                  2006 VRS200 SS 5.7
                  2013 X30 GEN2 6.2
                  2013 Yamaha 242LS

Comment

Wonder how this would work is there's surf tabs on the boat.

Comment

Originally posted by scott023 View Post

I had a center trim tab put on my boat this winter. I haven't got the boat back, but I know I'm going to have to make some adjustment to my FAE to make it work with the new tab. I looked at quite a few pictures of installed trim tabs and it looked like the surf tabs wouldn't get in the way of the FAE.
                      2006 Maristar 200 SS

Comment

Originally posted by scott023 View Post
                        Scott, I believe Ryan has one on his 45.
                        Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
                        Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                        2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                        For Sale:
                        2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

Is this something that can easily be taken off and put on? Or is it a PItA to remove/install?

Comment

if you get the quick release mounts, it will come off pretty easily. pull 2 pins, loosen 4 clamps, done.

Comment

Great unit...love mine
                              2017 Mastercraft XT21- Black & Calypso Green Flake and Coolfeel interior

2008 Mastercraft 40th Anniversary X-star SOLD

1981 J-craft 19 long deck ski boat w/200 Mercury Black Max (the gas guzzler)

2018 Audi Q7 Technik Navarra Blue with S-Line, Black Optics, Luxury package, advanced driver assistance, Audi Sport 21" wheels, tow hitch

Comment

Working...
                              X