X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z71_Silvy
    replied
    Originally posted by LakeLife13 View Post
    And we all like not dying of CO poisoning...
    Let's not get dramatic.

Leave a comment:

• MC197indy
    replied
    Nice!
    Last edited by MC197indy; 03-11-2017, 11:00 AM.

Leave a comment:

• kwoody51
    replied
    Originally posted by clrussell View Post
    Correct probably not 100% stainless.

But $5 lol
    Totally! Not busting on you at all, just want folks to know what they are getting or what to expect as many of these clamps look the same but they aren't always the same materials/ construction.

For my application the Tee clamps were inside the hull on the exhaust hose and I wouldn't be able to replace them without MAJOR disassembly, including dealing with 5200. So for my application it was important, to me, to make sure I was getting a clamp that was 100% SS so that it didn't fail as it would likely be moist most of the time.

Leave a comment:

• clrussell
    replied
    Originally posted by kwoody51 View Post
    Is the stud, T bolt and nut stainless or just the clamp? All the '$5' tee bolt clamps I came across didn't have SS hardware, just the clamp. Hence my link to McMaster Carr which does have 100% SS constructed parts.

If the clamp is going under the water and it's something you may not see regularly the last thing you want is to cheap out on the hardware.

If the ones you posted are 100% SS bad on me, but guessing they aren't...
    Correct probably not 100% stainless.

But $5 lol

Leave a comment:

• kwoody51
    replied
    Originally posted by clrussell View Post
    Just quoting you to kinda expand on this.

The silicone intakes I posted I use in all my builds.. my current truck makes 60+ psi of boost and the clamps have no issue.. like $5 each.. hard to beat that
    Is the stud, T bolt and nut stainless or just the clamp? All the '$5' tee bolt clamps I came across didn't have SS hardware, just the clamp. Hence my link to McMaster Carr which does have 100% SS constructed parts.

If the clamp is going under the water and it's something you may not see regularly the last thing you want is to cheap out on the hardware.

If the ones you posted are 100% SS bad on me, but guessing they aren't...

Leave a comment:

• clrussell
    replied
    Originally posted by TassieMC View Post
    Anywhere that sells nuts and bolts, clamps etc or a marine chandlery will have them. A bit more expensive but way better.
    Just quoting you to kinda expand on this.

The silicone intakes I posted I use in all my builds.. my current truck makes 60+ psi of boost and the clamps have no issue.. like $5 each.. hard to beat that

Leave a comment:

• TassieMC
    replied
    Originally posted by 6KidSurf View Post
    The tee clamp idea sounds interesting. Where did you get them?
    Anywhere that sells nuts and bolts, clamps etc or a marine chandlery will have them. A bit more expensive but way better.

Leave a comment:

• CantRepeat
    replied
    Originally posted by gt23 View Post
    give aric some slack!
    He loves the attention!!

Leave a comment:

• 6KidSurf
    replied
    Originally posted by MC25 View Post
    Many children these days take the stance of "its not mine" to things they dont pay for, whether that be boats, cars, phones etc and use, abuse and put it away wet. My parents appreciate it, and if it was an issue with how I perceive it I'm sure they would let me know.
    +1 on taking care of the things you get to use. We could all be so lucky to have friends and family that took care of our things as well as you. You're a good man Aric.

Leave a comment:

• gt23
    replied
    give aric some slack!

Leave a comment:

• TexSooner17
    replied
    Originally posted by CantRepeat View Post
    I never implied you were a louse! But, I you know your dad would cut you off at the knee caps if you didn't take care of his stuff!
    I know you're just razzing him, but my best friend from hs and his dad had a very similar program and we used to take out their Malibu everyday before school when we had morning senior release. His dad actually said he loved that we used it a lot because of how well we maintained it and how anytime he wanted to use it, everything was left in good order for him. I don't think anyone here would say that if their dad offered them Aric's program they'd refuse, and it sounds like he does all he can to pull his weight so I say more power to him.

Leave a comment:

• CantRepeat
    replied
    The way I see it, the attitude of taking any kind of ownership in the boat or anything they choose to share with me is more so a pro than a con. I treat anything they choose to share with me as my own and it shows. I buy the gas, oil, all of the stereo, and whatever cleaning materials need it. Needless to say, I do my best to play my part to show appreciation in a boat that costs half as much as my first house will be.

Many children these days take the stance of "its not mine" to things they dont pay for, whether that be boats, cars, phones etc and use, abuse and put it away wet. My parents appreciate it, and if it was an issue with how I perceive it I'm sure they would let me know.
    I never implied you were a louse! But, I you know your dad would cut you off at the knee caps if you didn't take care of his stuff!

Leave a comment:

• kwoody51
    replied
    Originally posted by 6KidSurf View Post
    The tee clamp idea sounds interesting. Where did you get them?
    Can get them here as well https://www.mcmaster.com/#bolt-clamps/=16keoso

One then to make sure is they the clamp and the hardware are all SS. Some of the clamps from the auto shops don't have SS bolts/ nuts whereas the ones from McMaster Carr are all SS, and thus a touch more cost.

Leave a comment:

• MC25
    replied
    Originally posted by CantRepeat View Post
    Mine, ours? Both claim ownership. It's not ours unless that is your dad talking about your mom. lol Clearly lots of people on this board have taken it, by your post, that it's your boat. Let's look at some of your post a few years back which started all this on you.

BTW: props to your dad and I really mean that. He's defiantly self-made.
    The way I see it, the attitude of taking any kind of ownership in the boat or anything they choose to share with me is more so a pro than a con. I treat anything they choose to share with me as my own and it shows. I buy the gas, oil, all of the stereo, and whatever cleaning materials need it. Needless to say, I do my best to play my part to show appreciation in a boat that costs half as much as my first house will be.

Leave a comment:

• CantRepeat
    replied
    never once did I claim it to be my own lol
    Mine, ours? Both claim ownership. It's not ours unless that is your dad talking about your mom. lol Clearly lots of people on this board have taken it, by your post, that it's your boat. Let's look at some of your post a few years back which started all this on you.

BTW: props to your dad and I really mean that. He's defiantly self-made.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X