No announcement yet.

Fresh Air Exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• +1 for the braces. A few weeks ago I noticed the "splash" wasn't there while out on a run in the 93 PS205 and it sounded louder. When I got back and raised the boat up on the lift I saw that the clamps had apparently loosened off the exhaust on both sides and the FAE was hanging by the braces. Yes - would have been at the bottom of the lake if I didn't use the support braces. So now I will check the clamps more often...!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

• Ok.. I took her out this morning for a surf session. Didn't have time to attach the braces but I did tie a rope to it just in case. Worked perfectly! Less exhaust noise (not that it was too loud to begin with) and no exhaust fumes behind the boat. It didn't budge at all.. but just to be safe, I put the braces on when I got home. I attached them directly to the platform with the quick-release pins.
      Very happy with the quality of this product and feel better knowing my family will be inhaling way less fumes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

• Very Sano install. Way to go. I can not wait to get home and install mine.

Comment

• Very Sano install. Way to go. I can not wait to get home and install my x23. I have one of the older models on my 197 and it is great. I prefer the non painted finish that they have now.
          Attached Files

Comment

• I'm considering one of these for my X7. How much are they? Thanks

Comment

• I have a question. I pull my platform maybe once a year for maintenance. is the Quick release worth the extra 40.00? I can see if I was pulling it every time I put it in the garage, but that's simply not the case.
              -Cory 2.0ld

98 Maristar 225VRS - "Frankenstar"
              91 PS190 -Sold

RIP No1

Comment

• I'm going to buy one this off season. Is there any difference between the three models in features or performance, or is it just looks?
                Last edited by ATLX30; 08-08-2016, 09:42 AM.

Comment

• Maybe I'm different than most. Straight up gearhead I guess. The other day while surfing, and while the driver distracted from turning on the tunes. I rode in silence for a bit. I really like the sound of my exhaust. No one sits on my sundeck when in motion. Thats a no-no in my boat. Much less on the platform. Maybe it depends on the boat, but I think being responsible is the smarter choice for safety. But I guess some don't like the rumble of a V8, so for that reason I could understand. Who knows though, maybe I'll be the next one you guys read about.

You look like I need a beer!
                  2001 Prostar 195 Sold
                  2011 Ski Nautique 200 Current
                  2007 X45 LY6 Current

Comment

• Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
                    I have a question. I pull my platform maybe once a year for maintenance. is the Quick release worth the extra 40.00? I can see if I was pulling it every time I put it in the garage, but that's simply not the case.
                    I pull mine once a year as well. Definitely worth it to me. Makes it pretty easy putting it on and off.

Comment

• Originally posted by SS LS1 View Post
                      Ok, I just wanted to say you sir get +10 bonus points for setting up an e-z-up and working in the shade!
                      Thanks, it was smoking hot!

Originally posted by Robcam9 View Post
                      Very Sano install. Way to go. I can not wait to get home and install mine.
                      👍

Originally posted by Juiced190 View Post
                      I'm considering one of these for my X7. How much are they? Thanks
                      Purchased mine last year for about $700 Canadian.

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
                      I have a question. I pull my platform maybe once a year for maintenance. is the Quick release worth the extra 40.00? I can see if I was pulling it every time I put it in the garage, but that's simply not the case.
                      Yes, I'd say it's definitely worth the extra $40.

Originally posted by ATLX30 View Post
                      I'm going to buy one this off season. Is there any difference between the three models in features or performance, or is it just looks?
                      I believe they all work the same. I went for the adjustable one to be safe.. although the one-piece sure is pretty!

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                      Maybe I'm different than most. Straight up gearhead I guess. The other day while surfing, and while the driver distracted from turning on the tunes. I rode in silence for a bit. I really like the sound of my exhaust. No one sits on my sundeck when in motion. Thats a no-no in my boat. Much less on the platform. Maybe it depends on the boat, but I think being responsible is the smarter choice for safety. But I guess some don't like the rumble of a V8, so for that reason I could understand. Who knows though, maybe I'll be the next one you guys read about.
                      Same here regarding safety.. and I also love the rumble of a V-8 (second only to the sound of my air-cooled flat 6) but interestingly enough, the engine sound is still there when surfing. Mostly noticed the quieter sound in the boat when heading out to fill the ballast. The biggest thing I noticed is the lack of fumes when surfing.

Comment

• regarding the V8 sounds, mine is so loud and I can hardly hear my backseat spotter when she tells me to slow down. I swear it's like a Harley on the water. I'm getting the FAE for sure. I just can't install it until it's out for the winter. I never pull my boat out of the water. As for looks, I kinda like the 3 piece setup personally. think it looks cooler
                        08 X30 - deader than dead...and crispy.

Comment

• +1 to Hammer's comments, I'm also motorhead, love the Murican V8's, even love the smell of real gas. That said, I've learned that a quiet boat is really enjoyable, even one with a large enough powerplant to pull my fat arse out on a slalom ski. Meanwhile, our tugs aint winning any races. Nice stereo upgrade as well.

Comment

• Bought and installed the FAE on my boat this spring.....and love it. Just spent 3 weeks on the water and it is so much quieter while cruising. While surfing we noticed a big difference from when it wasn't on. In previous years after a full day of surfing we all felt a little off.....but now we all felt great after the day. I highly recommend it and I think Master Craft needs to make it an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by moosehead View Post
                              +1 to Hammer's comments, I'm also motorhead, love the Murican V8's, even love the smell of real gas. That said, I've learned that a quiet boat is really enjoyable, even one with a large enough powerplant to pull my fat arse out on a slalom ski. Meanwhile, our tugs aint winning any races. Nice stereo upgrade as well.

Was the install hard moose? Do you take it off when trailering long distances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• ^G, the install was more complicated than it should be. I'm semi-competent and it still took 2+ hours as the model we bought required (1) cutting several metal pieces to fit (not difficult), and (2) drilling holes in two metal tubes (difficult without a drill press). Two months ago, I was able to install an aftermarket Borla truck exhaust in less time.

The newer FAE models look a bit more straightforward and I would recommend the singular FAE piece so it doesn't move under water pressure, the multi-piece unit needs multiple clamps and lock screws to keep it in place above surf speeds. Heads up, the teak swim platform mounting screws are not short enough and could press through the entire 1 1/2" of most teak decks, so those had to be cut down as well. No need to remove for trailering.

Either way, happy with the final result, it is quiet and the exhaust bubbles aft in the prop-wash once in gear.

Sorry to vent, but you asked, and MCOCD rules govern.

Comment

Working...
                                X