Wakesurfing is literally everywhere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wakesurfing is literally everywhere

Yesterday I received a magazine called "Wakesurfer", which is apparently ran by the same folks who have been delivering "Waterski" magazine to me for over 20 years. This month's issue offered a look into the broad scope of purported Wake Boat manufacturers that I honestly did not realize quite yet existed. I know that we have made some fun of the Wake Tractor on this forum, but it really surprises me that nearly every I/O and deckboat manufacturer now has something called a WAKE EDITION model.

What I am curious to see is what this might do to prices, new innovations, and differentiation moving forward. Competition is good for the consumer in nearly any industry, and this one is bursting at the seams at the moment. Interestingly, some of these traditional I/O boats look to have some serious waves in the marketing photos anyway. I don't ever want an enormous Cobalt or even a G23 personally, but I am interested to surf behind some of these different designs if I can get the chance.

Here's a summary of the ones that were highlighted in the issue:
    1. Heyday inboards (I've never seen one of these)
    2. Pavati (all aluminum)
    3. Gekko
    4. Starcraft (this one made me laugh the most)
    5. Yamaha 242 Surf
    6. Fourwinns TS Surf
    7. Regal RX Surf (enormous boat)
    8. Centurion Ri217 surf
    9. Monterey ROSWELL Surf (I used to own a Monterey - cheap construction, but fun boat)
    10. Cobalt R5 Surf (likely more expensive than an MC)
    11. Malibu M235 (insane wave..seriously)
    12. Mastercraft X23
    13. Moomba Mojo
    14. Nautique G23
    15. Supra SE
    16. Tige RzX

Anyway...I was just surprised at just how many self proclaimed surf boats there seem to be out there these days. The lakes are gonna get even more crowded soon!

The market follows the dollars

Comment

Heyday makes the Wake Tractor, prolly new marketing approach, or new buy out, not sure.
      A wakesurfing mag? Really? I subscribe to Wakeboarding Magazine, and quite frankly, it's the worst mag......only good for pictures and ads. How much could you write about surfing?

Comment

They didn't write much about anything other than boards and boats, but reading it was a fun ten minutes on the porch.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Comment

^ I won't lie, I'll probably buy it anyway if I see it on the rack......a sickness with no cure ��
          I could look at pictures of wake boats 10 minutes everyday...

Comment

Originally posted by Tristarboarder View Post
            ^ I won't lie, I'll probably buy it anyway if I see it on the rack......a sickness with no cure ��
            I could look at pictures of wake boats 10 minutes everyday...
            Pretty sure i look at wake boat pictures 5 hours a day lol

Comment

Surfing is going to do to wakeboarding what wakeboarding did the skiing. Same way it happened on snow.
              -Tim

Making boomers great again!! Boomin'

Comment

The market demand has spoken....
                sigpic
                2014 Chap 264 Sunesta
                2019 XT25 GEN2 5500
                2015 X20 SS GEN2 6.0
                2016 G21 Coastal 5.3
                2014 X46 GEN2 7.4
                2014 X30 GEN2 5.7
                2006 VRS200 SS 5.7
                2013 X30 GEN2 6.2
                2013 Yamaha 242LS

Comment

Originally posted by CantRepeat View Post
                  Surfing is going to do to wakeboarding what wakeboarding did the skiing. Same way it happened on snow.
                  I duno about that, surfing is pretty expensive to get into. Wakeboarding can be done behind almost anything.

Comment

Originally posted by mts205 View Post
                    I duno about that, surfing is pretty expensive to get into. Wakeboarding can be done behind almost anything.
                    True, but IO market will help change that...
                    For now , yes, you can wakeBoard behind anything that will pull you out of the Water...
                    sigpic
                    2014 Chap 264 Sunesta
                    2019 XT25 GEN2 5500
                    2015 X20 SS GEN2 6.0
                    2016 G21 Coastal 5.3
                    2014 X46 GEN2 7.4
                    2014 X30 GEN2 5.7
                    2006 VRS200 SS 5.7
                    2013 X30 GEN2 6.2
                    2013 Yamaha 242LS

Comment

Originally posted by mts205 View Post
                      Get a board and a fat sac and you can do it. You may not have the best of it but people are doing it left and right. You don't need an 80k boat and $800 board to do it.
                      -Tim

Comment

Originally posted by CantRepeat View Post
                        Get a board and a fat sac and you can do it. You may not have the best of it but people are doing it left and right. You don't need an 80k boat and $800 board to do it.
                        $800 boards goes further that $80k for sure
                        sigpic
                        2014 Chap 264 Sunesta
                        2019 XT25 GEN2 5500
                        2015 X20 SS GEN2 6.0
                        2016 G21 Coastal 5.3
                        2014 X46 GEN2 7.4
                        2014 X30 GEN2 5.7
                        2006 VRS200 SS 5.7
                        2013 X30 GEN2 6.2
                        2013 Yamaha 242LS

Comment

How many of you guys been yelled at for creating an obnoxiously large wake? I always try to be considerate of other people's activities and more than anything homeowner shoreline/seawalls. But it never fails at least once a year I get scolded over my wake when surfing.

With this sort of popularity I wonder if restrictions on "wake makers" will ever happen?

Comment

Originally posted by IBR View Post
                            How many of you guys been yelled at for creating an obnoxiously large wake? I always try to be considerate of other people's activities and more than anything homeowner shoreline/seawalls. But it never fails at least once a year I get scolded over my wake when surfing.

With this sort of popularity I wonder if restrictions on "wake makers" will ever happen?
                            One of the (many) reasons I won't let anyone else in the driver's seat on busy lake days. Those wake boats drench the open bow of my 197 if i'm not careful

Comment

Originally posted by IBR View Post

TBH, rollers are bad for surfing so when there are other people doing water sports I tend not to surf. I always make sure my wake has the maximum possible distance to travel before making shore so that's never been an issue for me.
                              -Tim

Comment

Working...
                              X