Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

May have found a savior S&S

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    [QUOTE=Czechmate;1228958]https://stockton.craigslist.org/boa/5521809798.html

    Well here is another that I'm trying to hop on as quickly as possible. TPH, HANDS OFF haha. Seems like you and I check out the same boats on a day to day basis.

    No worries. I have a great S&S already. I just check the listings for all Mastercrafts regularly. If anything, I would forward something like this to you because I know you're looking. Some how I missed this one. Good Luck.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Czechmate View Post
      https://stockton.craigslist.org/boa/5521809798.html

      Well here is another that I'm trying to hop on as quickly as possible. TPH, HANDS OFF haha. Seems like you and I check out the same boats on a day to day basis. I'm hoping to check it out sometime this week. From the looks of it, it's a nice nice boat and the fact it is potentially one owner is even more intriguing.
      I know someone is in line ahead of you, but if this is the type boat you're wanting. Show up with cash and buy it! Looks to be a great deal, the originality of it makes it worth every penny of 6k. That's going by pictures alone of course. Who knows, he might take 40 hundred dollar bills from you to get it gone!

      Comment


      • #18
        I would show up with 50 Benjies and not haggle them.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Olaff View Post
          I would show up with 50 Benjies and not haggle them.
          For sure show up with 50, but what I'm getting at is there may be some underlying issues not shown in pics and not in their short description that makes 40-45 more reasonable. One thing is for sure, it's worth more than 5k if there's no issues!

          Comment


          • #20
            [QUOTE=tph;1229053]
            Originally posted by Czechmate View Post
            https://stockton.craigslist.org/boa/5521809798.html

            No worries. I have a great S&S already. I just check the listings for all Mastercrafts regularly. If anything, I would forward something like this to you because I know you're looking. Some how I missed this one. Good Luck.
            I was just joking around, I know you have a great boat. It was a funny coincidence that the last three boats I was seriously checking out already had the TPH stamp on them haha. Im impressed more than anything.

            Originally posted by paco_06 View Post
            For sure show up with 50, but what I'm getting at is there may be some underlying issues not shown in pics and not in their short description that makes 40-45 more reasonable. One thing is for sure, it's worth more than 5k if there's no issues!
            Well I have to get my hands on 50 bens to start. Right now I only have 35 bens. Anybody have some friends named ben? I need about 15...

            Comment


            • #21
              https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/boa/5525366142.html

              Wow, 10,000. Im amazed to see a price that steep on this side of the states. Anybody seen an S&S priced higher than this?

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Czechmate View Post
                https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/boa/5525366142.html

                Wow, 10,000. Im amazed to see a price that steep on this side of the states. Anybody seen an S&S priced higher than this?
                Yes, tons of fisherman out there! Lol

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Czechmate View Post
                  https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/boa/5525366142.html

                  Wow, 10,000. Im amazed to see a price that steep on this side of the states. Anybody seen an S&S priced higher than this?
                  I feel like that's not too far out of the park for a complete and well cared for or restored Classic S&S. I sold my wood-stringered '82 with 650 hours for $8,000 in Mississippi two years ago. It needed carpet and the hull was about a 6 of 10 with dock scrapes, keel rash, and guide pole scratches. The trailer was in only fair condition as well.

                  I have seen nice ones listed for $12,500.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Czechmate View Post
                    https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/boa/5525366142.html

                    Wow, 10,000. Im amazed to see a price that steep on this side of the states. Anybody seen an S&S priced higher than this?
                    This is probably 10-15 mins down road from me max....

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Olaff View Post
                      I feel like that's not too far out of the park for a complete and well cared for or restored Classic S&S. I sold my wood-stringered '82 with 650 hours for $8,000 in Mississippi two years ago. It needed carpet and the hull was about a 6 of 10 with dock scrapes, keel rash, and guide pole scratches. The trailer was in only fair condition as well.

                      I have seen nice ones listed for $12,500.
                      Maybe on the east coast, but I just haven't seen one go for that much over here. Then again I haven't been in the market for more than two years. Woah, 12k is a legend like price.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Czechmate View Post
                        Maybe on the east coast, but I just haven't seen one go for that much over here. Then again I haven't been in the market for more than two years. Woah, 12k is a legend like price.
                        There was a short conversation I had in here somewhere with a guy out West that had dropped the price on his cherry S&S to like $5,800 and coudn't get any action. I suggested he post it on the local Craigslists in the Mid-South to try and find a buyer who would [I]appreciate[I] his boat as much as he did. I'll see if I can find it. Maybe he still has it and y'all can hook up.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          This isn't the one I was talking about, but Here is one in TN
                          http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...=Stars+Stripes

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Here he is. Not sure if it's still for sale...
                            http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=68311

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Olaff View Post
                              I feel like that's not too far out of the park for a complete and well cared for or restored Classic S&S. I sold my wood-stringered '82 with 650 hours for $8,000 in Mississippi two years ago. It needed carpet and the hull was about a 6 of 10 with dock scrapes, keel rash, and guide pole scratches. The trailer was in only fair condition as well.

                              I have seen nice ones listed for $12,500.
                              You found one in a million to give double value for a boat! He must have really liked yours!

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Not "double value"; that's what MINE was worth!
                                The market around there is sparse. Supply and demand! The closest MC/SN/BU dealer is 3 hours away. The only inboards around are the ones someone has brought in from somewhere else.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X