May have found a savior S&S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Olaff View Post
    Not "double value"; that's what MINE was worth!
    The market around there is sparse. Supply and demand! The closest MC/SN/BU dealer is 3 hours away. The only inboards around are the ones someone has brought in from somewhere else.
    I'm sure I sounded rude, but didn't mean it. Most wooden stringers boats are in the 3-5k range. I am also in a scarce market, but in my case, it hurt me. I basically sold a 6k composite stringer 85 model s&s for 5k, and the guy that bought mine drive the hours to me. I just wouldn't have thought the value would fluctuate that much through the country. Most I've seen for sale that are wooden go for 3-5k and composite 3-8k. Usually have to have a completely original in very good shape to get 8k and those are usually one owner that'll draw that much money too. Like everything, it's worth as much as someone is willing to pay

Comment

I bought myself an 84! I ended up checking out the 1984 S&S in Tracy, and got a great deal. Took the boat out to the delta to test it out and the thing rode fantastic. Tom (the only owner) really took good care of his boat. It shows its a little bit of its age in hull nicks and general wear and tear, but overall I couldn't be happier.

Here is a quick video of the boat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4xFJNUan0k

Ill be buffing it out and cleaning the whole thing up soon. Ill create its own thread.
      Thanks everybody for all the interest and help!

Comment

Originally posted by Czechmate View Post
        I bought myself an 84! I ended up checking out the 1984 S&S in Tracy, and got a great deal. Took the boat out to the delta to test it out and the thing rode fantastic. Tom (the only owner) really took good care of his boat. It shows its a little bit of its age in hull nicks and general wear and tear, but overall I couldn't be happier.

Ill be buffing it out and cleaning the whole thing up soon. Ill create its own thread.
        Great find. This boat will last forever.
        CUSTOM WHEEL & TIRE PACKAGES
        sigpic

CUSTOM DECALS - EMAIL FOR MORE INFO

$125 LED TRAILER LIGHT PACKAGE - FREE SHIPPING
        REBUILDING HOLLEY MARINE CARBS - $350 DELIVERED
        REBUILT COMPLETE MARINE HOLLEY 4160 CARBS $549 DELIVERED
        Email - [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Czechmate View Post

Looks great! Glad you found one. A little bit of work and you'll have a very nice boat, although looks ready to go as is!

Comment

Looks nice. Buy some good straps for the rear. Those bungies won't do anything except scratch the gelcoat.

Comment

Working...
            X