Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FNG: Need help with Registration #'s and Audio System

OK Fellas-

First time MC Owner, but not new to boating. I appear before this august body humbly, so go easy on me...

I have been reading this forum constantly over the past few months. Thanks to the info gained here, I feel confident that I bought the right boat at a fair price.

I just took delivery of a '14 X25. We are coming out of an I/O Crownline that has been a great boat for the last 12 years. This is our first inboard. Family is excited to learn how to wakeboard and surf.

I attached a few pics as I know is this a prerequisite.

Here are my initial 2 questions:
    1. What color registration numbers? I have decided to go with the domed numbers, but given the 3 colors of the hull where they need to be placed, does anyone have a suggestion on color to ensure they 'contrast' appropriately?

2. Audio System. The tower speakers sound like they are driven by a 'close-and-play'. The 5 channel amp drives the 4 cabin speakers and subwoofer, but the best I can tell the 2 channel amp was bridged for all 4 tower speakers. Is this the reason they sound like garbage? If in fact, this is the case, would it be simpler to add another JL 200/2? or should I replace the existing JL 200/2 with a 400/4?

Any help is appreciated. BTW, FNG is a term I learned in the Army; I assume you know what that means.
    Attached Files

That baby is pretty!! Congrats on the new boat!

Comment

That's a tough area to really blend.
      I would just go black chromax or black "flake/metallic" outlined in silver. Then it will match you badging down the side as well

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	2359924
      CURRENT: 2008 SANTE 210 w NSS

2000 Mastercraft Xstar
      2004,2005 Ski Centurion Avalanche C4
      2003, Ski Centurion Cyclone
      99,2000,2001, 2002 Ski Centurion Elite V/Hurricane/lightning
      88 2001 Nautique

Comment

With the numbers, I would go black or silver flake above the rub rail on the white. Not sure red would look that great to there, but that's always an option.

You could also go below the rub rail with white or silver flake on the red, but they may not be as noticeable. I've had them both ways and do most of my boating in middle Tennessee without issues from the Marine police. So really just put them where you'd like to have them.

As for audio.... I have no clue....

Great looking boat! Welcome aboard!!!

Comment

This is where I put my numbers on my X25. Welcome to the family!

I also had a bunch of audio issues with mine. Who did you purchase it from? If its a dealer, take it in. That's what I did and now everything works and sounds great.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Turbodriver View Post
            OK Fellas-

First time MC Owner, but not new to boating. I appear before this august body humbly, so go easy on me...

I have been reading this forum constantly over the past few months. Thanks to the info gained here, I feel confident that I bought the right boat at a fair price.

I just took delivery of a '14 X25. We are coming out of an I/O Crownline that has been a great boat for the last 12 years. This is our first inboard. Family is excited to learn how to wakeboard and surf.

I attached a few pics as I know is this a prerequisite.

Here are my initial 2 questions:
            1. What color registration numbers? I have decided to go with the domed numbers, but given the 3 colors of the hull where they need to be placed, does anyone have a suggestion on color to ensure they 'contrast' appropriately?

2. Audio System. The tower speakers sound like they are driven by a 'close-and-play'. The 5 channel amp drives the 4 cabin speakers and subwoofer, but the best I can tell the 2 channel amp was bridged for all 4 tower speakers. Is this the reason they sound like garbage? If in fact, this is the case, would it be simpler to add another JL 200/2? or should I replace the existing JL 200/2 with a 400/4?

Any help is appreciated. BTW, FNG is a term I learned in the Army; I assume you know what that means.
            I had a similar dilemma with a similar color configuration on my 14 X25. Heres some photos of the domed lettering I chose. As for the amp, I switched out the stock for the 400/4 but haved really tried it out yet.
            “A boat is a hole in the water into which you pour money.”.....but it's a lot of fun!!

Comment

Even a 400/4 is under powering the tower speakers. Those JL 7.7s really like a minimum of 150 watts per channel. I'm guessing the boat was as ordered with only 2 tower speakers, otherwise it would have come with a 400/4.

My last 2 MCs I used an MHD 600/4 for the 4 JL 7.7s. Another good amp would be a M800/8, or a MHD 750/1. Overkill is fine as long as the amp is properly tuned, and the speakers will sound much better. I am sure they sound like crap on a 200/2.

Comment

I knew it ... I just knew you were a MC owner inside!

Hey huge congrats to you on this ... You guys will love it ... Great seeing you Sunday too

Either the black outlined in chrome or red outlined in black ... Either will look good

One option is to send them a picture of your boat and let them help

Could be possible your amp is blown ... I have a number for the JL Audio let me find it and send it to you

... And huge congrats again ... You will love that boat

Comment

And I really love the colors

You will want to get some bigger bumpers ... Probably 8" ... And make sure you get some bumper socks for them too ... They make great Mother's Day presents

Comment

750/1 or Wet Sounds Syn-DX2 would be my suggestions for the tower amp.

Comment

Thanks for the welcomes and suggestions. Seeing the numbers on hulls with similar patterns are extremely helpful. I think I will follow Dave's suggestion and send a pic to Domed Lettering. I like the idea of black chromax to match the graphics on the side.

With respect to the audio system, FourForty is exactly right. 2 additional tower speakers were added without an additional amp to drive them. I assume that replacing an amp would be much easier than adding, as it would be mostly plug and play.

I purchased the boat in Oklahoma, so they are a little out of reach. I live in Cincinnati and the boat in on Lake Norris TN, so I could take to either CincyMC or ABC in Knoxvegas, however, from what I read, JL warranty does not extend beyond the original owner (which I am not). Can someone confirm this is the case or is it covered by the 5 year MC warranty?

Dave, I like your Mother's Day gift idea. Linda is a lucky girl!

Comment

Originally posted by Turbodriver View Post
                        Thanks for the welcomes and suggestions. Seeing the numbers on hulls with similar patterns are extremely helpful. I think I will follow Dave's suggestion and send a pic to Domed Lettering. I like the idea of black chromax to match the graphics on the side.

With respect to the audio system, FourForty is exactly right. 2 additional tower speakers were added without an additional amp to drive them. I assume that replacing an amp would be much easier than adding, as it would be mostly plug and play.

I purchased the boat in Oklahoma, so they are a little out of reach. I live in Cincinnati and the boat in on Lake Norris TN, so I could take to either CincyMC or ABC in Knoxvegas, however, from what I read, JL warranty does not extend beyond the original owner (which I am not). Can someone confirm this is the case or is it covered by the 5 year MC warranty?

Dave, I like your Mother's Day gift idea. Linda is a lucky girl!
                        We boat on Norris as well. Hope to run into you sometime!
                        “A boat is a hole in the water into which you pour money.”.....but it's a lot of fun!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bwag1961 View Post
                          We boat on Norris as well. Hope to run into you sometime!
                          We are just outside Deerfield Marina. Finished our house last spring. Stop by if you are ever out our way.
                          Attached Files

Comment

This is likely why the 2 chnl 200/2 is the factory tower amp offering. An additional would not be needed if that 2nd pair was added after the build. You likely not tell a difference between the 4 pods on a single 200/2 and adding a 2nd 200/2 for the 2nd pair.

Comment

I would get rid of the 200/2 and as 440 said put an mhd 600/4 or 750/1. I'm running a 600/4 with 2 770s and 2 880s and seems to be good for what I need

Comment

Working...
                              X