Pressure Washer for Dock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pressure Washer for Dock

I'm in the market to buy a pressure washer to clean my aluminum dock and concrete driveway. I'm looking at gas powered, but not sure how powerful a washer I need. I would also need to run a really long hose from my house to my dock if I need to pull water from a house water faucet. Can I draw water from the lake for the pressure washer?
    Last edited by ATLX30; 04-25-2016, 08:25 AM.

Don't buy one. Rent one with a drum scrubber. A commercial unit with a scrubber would cost around $1500. You can rent one for a weekend for around $150. When you factor in maintenance and parts you come off much better doing it that way.

Comment

Originally posted by stuartmcnair View Post
      Don't buy one. Rent one with a drum scrubber. A commercial unit with a scrubber would cost around $1500. You can rent one for a weekend for around $150. When you factor in maintenance and parts you come off much better doing it that way.
      I couldn't agree more. I have bought 2 and they have both been a hassle. Carb issues (despite using non ethonal gas) and pump burn outs. I'll never buy one again.

Comment

I am the odd ball- Bought one used that had a Honda motor. I have had it about 14 years and my in laws use it as well. Wash the house/decks/cars/boats/snowmobiles/camper. We did have to replace the pump last year and that was about $90. Maybe mine is small but it blew all the lettering off the camper when I wanted to replace that! If I have it to narrow of stream it will tear up the wood on the deck.......

No I would not run lake water in the pump!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rocketboy View Post
          I am the odd ball- Bought one used that had a Honda motor. I have had it about 14 years and my in laws use it as well. Wash the house/decks/cars/boats/snowmobiles/camper. We did have to replace the pump last year and that was about $90. Maybe mine is small but it blew all the lettering off the camper when I wanted to replace that! If I have it to narrow of stream it will tear up the wood on the deck.......

No I would not run lake water in the pump!!
          That makes 2 of us. Bought a Troy Bilt at Lowes several years ago for under $300 and I have used the crap out of it. I had to put a stop to my wife lending it out to her family! I change the oil and put antifreeze in the pump and I've more than got my moneys worth out of it. Would never use lake water either.
          “You realize your odds of winning the lottery are the same as being mauled by a polar bear and a regular bear in the same day”….E-Trade Baby.

Comment

Just did the research and purchased one last year. First, based on a driveway tool, you need a minimum of 3000 psi. I had a smaller (2400) psi one that worked OK, but my 3100 psi one is much better with that attachment.

Generac was rated highest. I bought a Honda engine one with idle down. works great and was $300. A better choice would have been $600+.

Don't waste your time with electric ones.
            1997 PS 205

Comment

I have 2400 PSI one with a Honda motor, works fine. The higher ones that you can use the drum attachment are worth it. I used a friends last year. Don't use lake water

Comment

Bought a used Honda on Craigslist. Short of the carb needing to be replaced because the last owner left gas over the winter, however been a great machine and well worth the $100 I spent on it.

Comment

mine is a Craftsman 2900 or 3000 psi, had it for 8-9 years, use highest octane pump gas with stabilizer mixed in. It usually cranks on 3-4 pull after sitting all winter. I think I paid ~$250-300. Just used it at my daughter's house to remove algae/moss from sidewalk, patio, driveway and cleaned exterior brick & garage doors. Worked like a charm. I wouldn't use lake water either personally.

Comment

Originally posted by maxpower220 View Post
                    Just did the research and purchased one last year. First, based on a driveway tool, you need a minimum of 3000 psi. I had a smaller (2400) psi one that worked OK, but my 3100 psi one is much better with that attachment.

Generac was rated highest. I bought a Honda engine one with idle down. works great and was $300. A better choice would have been $600+.

Don't waste your time with electric ones.
                    Thats funny, because I could never see myself buying a gas-powered PW again. I have an electric that we use literally every day from May to September. Use it for everything from concrete, to wood decks, to aluminum pontoons, to boat interiors. Dont have to worry about fuel or really any maintenance. And no pullcord. Pull the trigger and it fires up, let off and it shuts off.

Comment

Originally posted by 73blue View Post
                      Thats funny, because I could never see myself buying a gas-powered PW again. I have an electric that we use literally every day from May to September. Use it for everything from concrete, to wood decks, to aluminum pontoons, to boat interiors. Dont have to worry about fuel or really any maintenance. And no pullcord. Pull the trigger and it fires up, let off and it shuts off.
                      Which one did you buy? I'm in the same boat as you, don't want a gas, don't need 3000 psi either.

Comment

Originally posted by 73blue View Post
                        What make and model?
                        Prior boats - (3) X14's, (3) Prostars, and a Tristar.

Comment

jinx....

Comment

Just hire me, I do that for a living ... http://www.mrwindowfla.com
                            NEW SKINS ...
                            Jim - "Upholstery Guy"
                            (865) 995 0607 Hm (BSURE 2 LVMSGE)
                            (865) 679 2246 Cph (ANYTM UPTO 9PM EST)
                            [email protected]

sigpic
                            I've got badass '93 MC BF 200 w/ a Yahamie ProV 200.
                            M O S T A W E S O M E C R A F T E V E R B U I L T
                            'Luv'n life behind a Barefoot 200'
                            atlfootr

Comment

Originally posted by Maristar210 View Post
                              Which one did you buy? I'm in the same boat as you, don't want a gas, don't need 3000 psi either.
                              Originally posted by JohnE View Post
                              What make and model?
                              We use this Ryobi from Home Depot
                              http://www.homedepot.com/p/Ryobi-170...4122/203800590

Comment

Working...
                              X