“Paradise Lost” ~ FlowPoint S3 E1 / Marcus Brown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• “Paradise Lost” ~ FlowPoint S3 E1 / Marcus Brown

Another great episode from skier and filmmaker Marcus Brown.

In this episode he explores the question surrounding why professional waterskiing, a sport with speed, danger and drama has fallen from TV coverage and cultural popularity to relative obscurity? Can waterskiing be mainstream popular again?

Check it.

https://youtu.be/R0dmfbZdDuk

Props to Marcus for his passion and advocacy to our sport. His vids are tremendous as they span the classic days and heros to present day freeskiing long-line clips at Powell. So cool he pays due respects to LaPoint, Mapple, many others.

Meanwhile his voice is even more important in the wake of Andy Mapple's loss last year.

Thanks 214, great post.

Meanwhile, as I've gotten older and carried more injuries around, the slalom stick doesn't see nearly as much love as the surfboards. Whenever I get to step back onto the ski, it always surprises me how much of a rush it is to not only attempt a few hooks, but the surprising speed at which the wakes come at you even when dogging it.

Comment

Originally posted by moosehead View Post
      Props to Marcus for his passion and advocacy to our sport. His vids are tremendous as they span the classic days and heros to present day freeskiing long-line clips at Powell. So cool he pays due respects to LaPoint, Mapple, many others.

Meanwhile his voice is even more important in the wake of Andy Mapple's loss last year.

Thanks 214, great post.
      Well said. Thanks Moosehead! Cheers,

Comment

Here's MB's free ski Powell flick, yea it's been around but I love repeat looks at it. Reminds me of another Glenn Plake outing in Mexico with Mapple and others.

https://vimeo.com/105196720

Comment

Great Vid!

Comment

Great video! I just learned to get up on slalom a year ago, and have yet to try again this year. This makes me want to get that ski out this weekend...I think I will.
            13 Super Air Nautique 230
            03 Super Air Nautique TE 210 - Sold
            88 Mastercraft TriStar 220 - Sold

Comment

I can't get enough of these well produced ski videos. Keep 'em coming Marcus!!!! Wilson bros. do kick *** videos as well.
              - I'd rather be SWERVING!

Comment

Yup, Pro Tour on TV is what got my passion for water skiing started. It really is too bad it lost traction and TV time.
                -Tim

Making boomers great again!! Boomin'

Comment

Great video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great vid, thanks for sharing.
                    2003 ProStar 197, MCX and Powerslot.

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty" - Thomas Jefferson
                    "Freedom is beneficial to everyone equally" - Ron Paul
                    Taxation = Theft

Comment

MB and Plake in Baja, for ADD start at 2:45 of clip. Cool how even ski gods also have to fight for watertime, tweak gear, and get joy out of simple boat time.

Plake is another ski hero, frozen type.

http://youtu.be/C2Hn4vlX7uI

Comment

Sweet!.... Nicely done. Thanks for putting up the links guys!

Comment

Originally posted by moosehead View Post
                          MB and Plake in Baja, for ADD start at 2:45 of clip. Cool how even ski gods also have to fight for watertime, tweak gear, and get joy out of simple boat time.

Plake is another ski hero, frozen type.

http://youtu.be/C2Hn4vlX7uI
                          Plake and Warren Miller made killer powder movies.
                          -Tim

Making boomers great again!! Boomin'

Comment

5:32 - 5:35.
                            I have never competed, but that is the first time I have seen both the tip and tail of a ski break during a run. WOW!

Comment

Originally posted by kscrib View Post
                              5:32 - 5:35.
                              I have never competed, but that is the first time I have seen both the tip and tail of a ski break during a run. WOW!
                              I think that is the boots / bindings releasing from the ski (fixed plate deal). I thought the same thing until I ran it in slow-mo.

Comment

Working...
                              X