Drone - Ski/Wakeboard video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drone - Ski/Wakeboard video

I took my 1984 Stars n Stripes to the lake this past weekend with my dad and tried out my Phantom Drone in "Active Track" mode. For the most part the drone did pretty well locking on to my dad and following him while I drove the boat around. I thought some of you might enjoy this different perspective. Nothing fancy with the ski and wake boarding, my dad is about to turn 66 and hasn't skied in 20+ years. Also, he has never tried to wake board and he got up on his second try. I was proud of him. Enjoy!

This was my first pull of the year. Thanks to EJ props for their awesome customer service and super speedy delivery of my new four blade prop! This boat has never ran so smooth!

https://youtu.be/lhZV-h_TKTE
    Attached Files

Pretty cool stuff!! I have done some drone footage with my old Phantom I upload to may page.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7S...GIjbFMdfDgjt6w

Which model provides the "Active Track"?
    If its not a competition ski boat, its always second best.

2008 MasterCraft X14, LY6, 400 HP
    1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205 (SOLD)

Check out MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

Comment

very cool ... i want to get one of these

Comment

Nice!

Comment

I have been looking at the dji phantom 3.

Is yours 3 or 4? Both have tracking.

For 500$ the 3 seems like a good deal

Comment

Cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Soooo, finally figured out how to get the Admiral to drive tow sports without turning me into chum, now gotta get the 9 year old to fly the drone and shoot watersports without dumping a $1,500 toy into the lake or forgetting his observer duties.

Comment

Originally posted by Double D View Post
                Pretty cool stuff!! I have done some drone footage with my old Phantom I upload to may page.
                https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7S...GIjbFMdfDgjt6w

Which model provides the "Active Track"?
                Thanks! The model flown here is the Phantom 4

Originally posted by outdoorjp View Post
                I have been looking at the dji phantom 3.

Is yours 3 or 4? Both have tracking.

For 500$ the 3 seems like a good deal
                I have the Phantom 4 - The Phantom 3 follows the GPS signal from your phone, with this model you actually highlight what you want to track on the screen and it locks on and follows them. There are some really good deals on the P3. I wanted the P4 because it seemed a little more dummy proof with the obstacle avoidance and the active track mode.

I'll get some more video together with my wife and her friends for the swimsuit thread that I just found yesterday!

Comment

^^^ I'll be waiting patiently for those videos!!

I'm about to pull the trigger on a 3 Pro, replacing my old 1...
                  If its not a competition ski boat, its always second best.

2008 MasterCraft X14, LY6, 400 HP
                  1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205 (SOLD)

Check out MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

Comment

Originally posted by KAvery17 View Post
                    Thanks! The model flown here is the Phantom 4

I have the Phantom 4 - The Phantom 3 follows the GPS signal from your phone, with this model you actually highlight what you want to track on the screen and it locks on and follows them. There are some really good deals on the P3. I wanted the P4 because it seemed a little more dummy proof with the obstacle avoidance and the active track mode.

I'll get some more video together with my wife and her friends for the swimsuit thread that I just found yesterday!

Thanks for the info.

I fidgure I'll crash whatever model I get might as well buy 3 at 500 then one and done .

Do you need cell service to follow your gps?

If so I'll have to get the 4 for powell . I don't think there is any cell service.

Comment

I'm drooling over the water conditions. Calm water as far as the video shows! Sweet footage too. You could get some cools stuff with one of those. Any one try the Lily cam? Dub D, great videos on your page! You guys really know how to throw a bash!
                      - I'd rather be SWERVING!

Comment

Very cool. I picked up a phantom 4 about a month ago, I think I finally have the balls to run it from the boat so this weekend should be interesting

Comment

Originally posted by outdoorjp View Post
                          Thanks for the info.

I fidgure I'll crash whatever model I get might as well buy 3 at 500 then one and done .

Do you need cell service to follow your gps?

If so I'll have to get the 4 for powell . I don't think there is any cell service.

That's a good question. To be honest I'm not sure if you need cell service to follow the GPS. I would assume you wouldn't since the aircraft itself locks on to GPS. I use my iPad mini with no cell service, but I also use the tracking feature. Good luck! They are a lot of fun to fly!

Comment

Very cool. I picked up a phantom 4 about a month ago, I think I finally have the balls to run it from the boat so this weekend should be interesting

Good luck! I was very nervous at first flying over water. One thing to remember don't fly to low to the water with the P4 because of the bottom facing VPS. It doesn't track water well and can mess with how the craft hoovers. I almost crashed mine because of it.

Comment

I'm drooling over the water conditions. Calm water as far as the video shows! Sweet footage too. You could get some cools stuff with one of those. Any one try the Lily cam? Dub D, great videos on your page! You guys really know how to throw a bash!
                              I agree the flat water looks so incredible

Comment

Working...
                              X