X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gatorbak Synthetic Bunk Covers

Anyone have any experience with these?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I Have not has experience with these but I did replace my bunk boards with Ultimate Bunk Boards. They are soft plastic that come in 2x4 and 2x6. Google ultimate bunk boards if interested. They have worked.
    Love my boat, hate my trailer.

Comment

Originally posted by kjohnson View Post
      I Have not has experience with these but I did replace my bunk boards with Ultimate Bunk Boards. They are soft plastic that come in 2x4 and 2x6. Google ultimate bunk boards if interested. They have worked.
      Do they Scratch the bottom of the boat? It says on the website that they don't but I find that hard to believe. I have this stuff on my dock and its super slippery.

The Carpet that I have on my boat scratches the hull and with the Pro Tour Red hull you see everything.

I would imagine this is a bit harder on the hull when traveling?

Comment

Scratches

I have not noticed any scratches in one year of use. They are fairly soft. I Make sure I get them wet before launching and before re-loading. I also don't haul my boat very far (1/4 mile) as I live in a waterfront subdivision. A friend of mine has them on his boat too and seems to be happy with them. Call the owner and talk to him. Maybe you will feel more comfortable about scratching.

QUUOTE=Mastercraftdave;1260416]Do they Scratch the bottom of the boat? It says on the website that they don't but I find that hard to believe. I have this stuff on my dock and its super slippery.

The Carpet that I have on my boat scratches the hull and with the Pro Tour Red hull you see everything.

I would imagine this is a bit harder on the hull when traveling?[/QUOTE]
        Love my boat, hate my trailer.

Comment

I am contemplating this same swap. Would love some feed back. I know most of the new lifts are coming with this option now.

FWIW my local guy says it actually scuffs less because sand and debri particles don't get stuck in the carpet and act like sandpaper when the boat slides across it. The rubber is super slick and the debri won't stick to it.

Makes sens but it's the rubber on boat contact that worries me.
          CURRENT: 2008 SANTE 210 w NSS

2000 Mastercraft Xstar
          2004,2005 Ski Centurion Avalanche C4
          2003, Ski Centurion Cyclone
          99,2000,2001, 2002 Ski Centurion Elite V/Hurricane/lightning
          88 2001 Nautique

Comment

I just ordered a set and will post pics and a review once I get everything installed and tested.

Comment

Awesome thanks
              CURRENT: 2008 SANTE 210 w NSS

2000 Mastercraft Xstar
              2004,2005 Ski Centurion Avalanche C4
              2003, Ski Centurion Cyclone
              99,2000,2001, 2002 Ski Centurion Elite V/Hurricane/lightning
              88 2001 Nautique

Comment

Originally posted by bet_on_black View Post
                I just ordered a set and will post pics and a review once I get everything installed and tested.
                Dan,

What do you think of the Gatorback bunks now that you've had and used them for a bit?

Any scratches on the hull?

Any pics?
                Former: 2007 X15

Comment

Working...
                X