YOWZA!!! Prices are soaring!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YOWZA!!! Prices are soaring!

Not a MC... but just look at the price tag on this 23.5 footer from a competitor! That's $10,000 per foot!

M235?
    2004 X-Star

Comment

Originally posted by 04 Star Rider View Post
      M235?

Yup!!

Comment

No one pays msrp. Knock off 30% on a bu

Comment

Man, I would not be happy when I saw the insurance premium for that.

Comment

Originally posted by DocPhil View Post
            No one pays msrp. Knock off 30% on a bu

True, but traditionally we have discussed msrp as a benchmark here for a long time. Search "100K X-Star" around 2008.
            Prior boats - (3) X14's, (3) Prostars, and a Tristar.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnE View Post
              True, but traditionally we have discussed msrp as a benchmark here for a long time. Search "100K X-Star" around 2008.
              MSRP is a benchmark among manufacturers that publish it WITHIN that same brand

MSRP (and % off thereof) from a Bu compared to an MC compared to a Nautique is meaningless

Comment

MSRP is a benchmark among manufacturers that publish it WITHIN that same brand

MSRP (and % off thereof) from a Bu compared to an MC compared to a Nautique is meaningless
                Not exactly. msrp meant little within the MC brand in the heyday when the Cali dealers were selling above msrp and others were in the 12-18% discount. People are getting 20% as a pretty standard mc discount and some are getting 30%. If 30% is the standard 'bu discount, it is still a statement that the msrp well exceeds 200K IMO.

I'm not over-analyzing the whole msrp. If nothing else it highlights how expensive (in whatever comparison you want) that these boats are getting.

Comment

And I agree that comparing % off msrp between mfg's is meaningless

Comment

traditionally we have discussed msrp as a benchmark here for a long time. Search "100K X-Star" around 2008.
                    msrp meant little within the MC brand in the heyday when the Cali dealers were selling above msrp and others were in the 12-18% discount.

Comment

Except for a few Ballers that want a boat "right now" , not many Tugs boats are fetching over $150k before tax.

Maybe X26 and G25.... and they will/do depreciate quick and steep
                      Malibu is not likely selling a lot of boats over $150k before tax
                      sigpic
                      2014 Chap 264 Sunesta
                      2019 XT25 GEN2 5500
                      2015 X20 SS GEN2 6.0
                      2016 G21 Coastal 5.3
                      2014 X46 GEN2 7.4
                      2014 X30 GEN2 5.7
                      2006 VRS200 SS 5.7
                      2013 X30 GEN2 6.2
                      2013 Yamaha 242LS

Comment

The M235 is supposed to be the most expensive wake boat - they didnt cut any corners.

You can get a Wakesetter or even an Axis (made by Malibu) for as much, much less than the M235.

You also have selected $63,000 of options. That's like spending $100k+ on a base Porsche Boxer (718 now) - nobody does it!

Comment

Just referencing common discussions from years ago. The 2 quotes are not directly related.

Comment

Originally posted by imyourmaster View Post
                            Not a MC... but just look at the price tag on this 23.5 footer from a competitor! That's $10,000 per foot!

Check the "yes to all" option box on your upcoming X26 and keep us posted.

Comment

Originally posted by KyleNowad View Post
                              The M235 is supposed to be the most expensive wake boat - they didnt cut any corners.

You can get a Wakesetter or even an Axis (made by Malibu) for as much, much less than the M235.

You also have selected $63,000 of options. That's like spending $100k+ on a base Porsche Boxer (718 now) - nobody does it!

I was simply curious to see what the M235 goes for. Comparing 23 footers I suppose the X23 is the closest boat in the MC line-up? If it is, the base price of a M235 is much higher than the X23. What really tweaked me was the total max factory ballast of 5,400 lbs compared to the X23's 3000 lbs. Thats a HUGE difference!

I have very limited knowledge when it comes to the Malibu brand. Other than picking colors, you do not have the ability to select any options when building a boat on their website. I called a dealer who put this build together and sent it to me. I guess you'd have to sit down at a dealer showroom to be able to see all options...I see what they are doing here!

Comment

Working...
                              X