Skunk smell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skunk smell

I've got a 2016 nxt20. 32 hours. I've ignored it for a while but all of my passengers this weekend commented on it. The exhaust smells...some say like a skunk, some say dog poop. Typically smell when slowing to pick up passenger or throw the rope again. Any thoughts?

Have you already done your 20 hr service? The initial break-in oil in the engine smells bad, it goes away after an oil change or two.

Comment

Yes at 25 hours

Comment

I remember mine smelling for a while, can't recall exactly when it stopped, but it did. I attributed it to break-in. Maybe someone with more engine knowledge can comment.

Comment

I have 110 hrs on my 2015 with the 6.2 and run 93 octane gas. It still smells like skunk. I did 20hr, 55hr and 88hr oil changes with no change in oder. It seems the better the gas I use the more it smells and I just thought it was those great catalytic converters doing their jobs. They stink but thats the smell of less CO and pollutants?

Comment

Bad batteries can give off an odour that smells like rotten eggs, could be that?

Comment

My 2016 X46 does this as well and has service done at 50 and 75 hours. Hopefully just the engine breaking in still?

Comment

Human babies are the same way - once they have about 2-3 months on em, the exhaust really stinks!
                The sea, once it casts it's spell, holds one in it's net of wonder forever - Jacques Cousteau

Comment

182hrs now and still has that strong skunk smell. Love it.

Comment

Never experienced this. Have you ruled out your passengers?

Comment

Never had this exerience either. Are you sure that the smell comes from your exhaust?
                      -=MasterCraft All The Way=-
                      sigpic
                      2019 MasterCraft X-Star
                      2017 MasterCraft X23
                      2015 MasterCraft X23
                      2007 MasterCraft X45
                      2009 Malibu WAKESETTER VLX SS
                      2005 MasterCraft X-Star
                      2004 Tige 20v
                      1995 MasterCraft ProStar 190

Comment

Funniest thread in a long time.....
                        The sea, once it casts it's spell, holds one in it's net of wonder forever - Jacques Cousteau

Comment

Originally posted by JBaker View Post
                          Never experienced this. Have you ruled out your passengers?

Comment

There's always the possibility someone was playin a lil game o stink finger on board

Comment

You sure someone didn't leave a goodie bag somewhere and you just haven't found it? Maybe that's how the wife has delt with MCCOD and you just never knew it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X