Engine Water Temperature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Water Temperature

Just picked up our new X30 and was out doing some break in time in the boat. So far I love the boat and the 6.2. One thing I noticed the engine temperature fluctuates between 140 and 160 degrees as the engine RPMs are altered. Our previous Mastercraft with an Indmar engine operated at a rock steady 160 degrees. The ilmor manual states that the operating temperature of an open cooled engine is 140 degrees. Just wondering what others with 6.2 are seeing for their water temperatures. Is this something I should discuss with the dealership?
    2016 X30 6.2
    2006 X2 RTP
    2001 X Star LTR
    1994 Maristar 225 VRS

JAM,

FWIW, my X25 with a 5.7 Ilmor fluctuates between about 140 to 170 at idle. While running at normal wake boarding speeds it settles at about 142-145. Hope that helps.

Chris

Comment

Same 140-160F operating temp range on my 6.0L.

Your temps are good, the lack of photos of your new boat are highly concerning.

Congrats and welcome.

Comment

I've got the 5.7 and my normal operating range is 140-190. Should be the same as yours iirc. I've noticed my temps go up when I slow or stop after towing. We hit 205 for a second and noticed that out strainer cup was deformed and at higher speeds was pulling small amounts of air. It was an easy fix. $75 10 minutes and some paper work to claim for Warrenty.

Now we sit about 145 while towing and 155-160 while at idle once we stop and then she will drop down to 150 after a 30-45 seconds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

And ...

Comment

Thanks for all of the good information. My dealer is a good distance away and I was not looking forward to a trip to the dealer before my 25-hour service.

gt23
            I had the same problem with my sea strainer sucking air. It caused me heat issues also. I could see very little water flowing at idle in the clear fittings and my temperatures would be close to 200 at idle. To get back to the ramp I located some O-ring grease and made a temporary repair. You made a statement that you made your own repairs on the seawater strainer and submitted the cost for warranty reimbursement. Was that warranty claim with Mastercraft or the strainer company?
            Attached Files
            2016 X30 6.2
            2006 X2 RTP
            2001 X Star LTR
            1994 Maristar 225 VRS

Comment

Originally posted by JAM View Post
              Thanks for all of the good information. My dealer is a good distance away and I was not looking forward to a trip to the dealer before my 25-hour service.

gt23

I had the same problem with my sea strainer sucking air. It caused me heat issues also. I could see very little water flowing at idle in the clear fittings and my temperatures would be close to 200 at idle. To get back to the ramp I located some O-ring grease and made a temporary repair. You made a statement that you made your own repairs on the seawater strainer and submitted the cost for warranty reimbursement. Was that warranty claim with Mastercraft or the strainer company?

I just dealt with my service guy at the dealer, he gave me some paper work (mastercraft) - it was $109 with shipping so not a big deal, but the new cup was the solution for me... The new one is clear which makes it very easy to see if it's clogged (which it hasn't been yet...)

Comment

Beautiful boat. Must stop looking at an X30 with the 6.2L.

Comment

Working...
                X