Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is surfing an "option" on a wake sport boat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is surfing an "option" on a wake sport boat?

So I've been grazing the boats lately, and my question in this: Why does MC have so many goofy options?

i.e. Who is going to order a new wake boat without Gen2? There are several options that aren't really optional. Stupid.

Lower base MSRP?

Comment

Basically, this is all about pricing structures and upsell in any market. Have you ever wondered why people play golf memberships, and then greens fees, and then cart rental? The green fee isn't exactly optional either, yet it's a separate expense. Same with luggage when flying most airlines... extra, but not really optional unless you want to wear the same socks for a week.

The idea behind pricing structures and multiple product lines (NXT / X) is to capture as much wallet share as possible with the entry level costs while not leaving money on the table from failing to ask for it from those who have it to spend. This is why the options exist as "optional".

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Comment

I also disagree with gen2 being an option. NSS is standard on Nautiques and I think Malibu is starting to make surf gate standard on some models.

Comment

I don't think Ive ever seen a 2014 or later MC (other than Prostar) without Gen2.

Comment

I've heard they exist but never seen them. They way i see it- its not an option unless you're ordering your own boat. I don't know a single dealer with a boat w/o Gen2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            2020 Table Rock Mastercraft Reunion Poker Run Champion

I lead the fight to ban the swimsuit thread, help me bring it back: https://teamtalk.mastercraft.com/sho...58#post1494758

"LDA never saw a thread he couldn't run off the rails"

Comment

Seem to recall towers also in the option category or a surf package option, on a wakeboat?

Comment

Originally posted by MI_Corey View Post
                I also disagree with gen2 being an option. NSS is standard on Nautiques and I think Malibu is starting to make surf gate standard on some models.
                NSS and tower are both standard on Nautiques

Gen2 is 6K. And a ZFT4 (which is selected 84.1% of the time) is 10K.

Take a G23 (139K MSRP) and an X23 (113K MSRP). Add the H6 (6K) to the G23 then add the Ilmor 6000 (13K-82.2%), gen2 (6K-93.5%), and the ZFT 4 (10K-84.1%).

Those are pretty equally spec'd out boats with similar options and all of the sudden the MSRPs are nearly identical on boats with options that roughly 90% of people order.

Comment

Working...
                X