Wake device add-ons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JP-OH View Post
    yep/ There may be room to get the cups good purchase in a vertical orrientation behind the sticker. Could make the construction of the gate harder as the forces would be acting on a narrow, vertical base vs a broad horizontal base. But it could solve the issue of trying to get a gate on far back because even if you can get one on the lower step it seems less effective and it is possible to fall in while trying to attach that low (ask me how I know).

Something like this (yes, I used paint again)
    What about using 2 vertical suction devices to hold the wedge?

Maybe for this x2 application, what about the gate that slides over the platform?
    2004 X-Star

Comment

The platform mounted gate would work. Not much info on making one of them however. Also wonder if it would stress the platform to much or the brackets.

Comment

Originally posted by hunter991 View Post
        The platform mounted gate would work. Not much info on making one of them however. Also wonder if it would stress the platform to much or the brackets.
        plenty info on various off the shelf gates and ghetto gates in this thread

https://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk...light=wakegate

Comment

The issue with a vertical mount is the way the force is applied. With a BOB style, it tries to lift the cup up vs pushing it back. The force is also centered over the cups making sure the force on the cups is at a minimum. When mounting in a vert position you are using the gate as a lever which not only increases the force applied on the mounts but it would also be difficult to keep the cups from just rotating.

Now two on top and another smaller on the bottom may work, but your gate would need to be at a 90 degree angle to keep it from being regular or goofy only.

Comment

okay gentlemen, i was not able to find a suitable place on my X2 for suction cups. I want to make a gate off the ski platform.

Is there any concensus on if doing a gate that fits around the platform would hurt the boat or platform? i have read all the threads and this doesn't get addressed.

Comment

hunter991 - I'm with you. Somewhere on here a saw someone made up one that goes between the platform and the hull has a hinge with another piece of plastic and basically extends the hull back about a foot or so. Looking at the water as it comes around the boat while surfing, this looks like it would help. Between all the steps on the hull and the raised graphics, I don't think I could find a spot for the suck-gate on the RH side. It would be way too high.

Comment

Originally posted by hunter991 View Post
                okay gentlemen, i was not able to find a suitable place on my X2 for suction cups. I want to make a gate off the ski platform.

Is there any concensus on if doing a gate that fits around the platform would hurt the boat or platform? i have read all the threads and this doesn't get addressed.

Check out wake-shaper. You'll get the idea...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I agree, on my X2, i basically only have 3" of play where i would need to stick them on. Most of the devices come with 4" or larger suction cups. So i have to make a gate that goes on the back. Those of us with the X2 also have very little clearance between the swim platform and the hull of the boat making it hard to fit anything in between like the wake shaper DIY's. So i am looking to make one that goes on the platform.

I just want to make sure i don't damage my platform or boat doing so.
                  Last edited by hunter991; 09-20-2016, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IdahoSnake View Post
                    Eight.3 Wake Surf Shaper. Has crazy effects. I don't have photos but check out the site, it has videos and steps to adjust for the hull cuts. Came with the 35 I am getting. Think they are $500 but they make a pretty big difference.

http://www.eightpoint3.com/wp-conten...15/10/wss8.jpg
                    Agreed the Ronix Eight.3 is great! I just uploaded pics with it on your 08 X35. I purchased that and was very impressed. This is with stock ballast and that's it. It's even better with the extra sacks full.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Cmcamp76; 10-03-2016, 04:07 AM. Reason: Added more info
                    ~Craig~

Comment

Originally posted by bcd View Post
                      You do not need 2500 pounds of extra bags to surf an x2. Even without a suck gate, you should have a decent wave with just the extra 450 pound bag in the rear locker.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                      ^^^^^I agree
                      Prior boats - (3) X14's, (3) Prostars, and a Tristar.

Comment

Super affordable and quality surf system

Can't promote the nauticurl.com wake shaper enough, by far the best bang for the buck! Super professional look for dirt cheap, made a huge difference and love not shifting ballast for 20 minutes! Wish it came in Red to match my Xstar!
                        Attached Files

Comment

Lol.....just be honest and say it's your product
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Hoosier Bob
                          She always misses me and when I turn her on it is hard to turn her off! She is MC and she completes me! She is the first ride that wants it as much as I do!

Comment

Originally posted by cbryan70 View Post
                            Lol.....just be honest and say it's your product
                            I agree. Just joined and first 6 posts are about how great a certain product is

Comment

Here is my x2 with a homemade suck-gate and PNP 650's in each locker.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Jesus... so annoying, sorry.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X