Jgraham37128 X23 upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jgraham37128 X23 upgrades

LED ring install is complete. Install was very easy. All the speakers are pre wired except for the optional front sub, but this wasn't a big deal. I connected it the front port speaker and ran it back around to the sub, so only the end of the port speaker light had to be cut for this project. All other wires are 100% factory.

Total cost $492.24

Tools needed
    Wire cutters
    Wire crimpers
    Allen wrench
    Dremmel/ cutting wheel and a 561 metal trimming bit

Parts needed:
    1. Led light rings = https://blastled.com/index.php = $360.00

2. 12 extended screws (I can't remember the exact size but I think it was 8mm x 2")for the speaker cans. Once you add the rings on the speaker cans the factory screws aren't long enough. The rest of the cabin speakers screws are ok and didn't have to be replaced. = bought at my local Ace Hardware Store = $ 11.19

3. Deutsch wiring harness from Batts racing = http://www.deutschconnector.com/ = $39.34

4. 2 15' 16awg wires one in lt. blue and the other in black = http://www.deutschconnector.com/ = $ included in the $39.34 cost above

5. 50 16ga bullet connectors both (25) male and (25) female = http://www.ebay.com/itm/50-3M-BLUE-H.../351957112657?

6. 50 16GA Marine Comnectors = http://www.ebay.com/itm/381440740568...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT = $14.72

7. Factory MC Speaker light switch - local MC store = $54.47 part # 502292L
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jgraham37128; 01-22-2017, 07:38 AM.

Led

First part.

The boat is prewired for LED rings, including power from the panel. I would highly recommend ordering a wiring harness from Batts versus cutting these wires.

1. Remove side panel where all the switches are located and find the pre wired deutch connector pictured below. It has three wires.
    Slot 1 is hot going back to the speakers
    Slot 2 is ground
    Slot 3 is hot coming from the panel that needs to be connected to the switch.
    Attached Files

Comment

Batts Racing

Wiring harness needed. Here's everything you will need, included what color and gauge wire to choose. This was a first class harness and cost was minimum.

The additional two wires are needed for the front sub install if you have that option. If you don't, you won't need this.
      Attached Files

Comment

LED ring install.

1. Crimp male bullet connector to the positive side of the LED rings. This wire is much smaller the the 16GA wire it will connected. I spliced an inch of wire and folded it back in half then crimped it.

2. Remove each speaker and there are two wires listed as spkr lit and will have bullet connectors installed. Install the rings and connect the bullet connectors and move onto the next speaker.

3. If you have a front sub like I did, here's what to do. Cut the factory bullet connectors off the front port speakers and wire both LED speaker ring for the port speaker and one end of the 15' wire into each new bullet connector. You will feed these two wires back through the hull following the main wiring harness over to the front sub. I used black wire loom cover and zip ties.

Comment

This is perfect! Thank you!

BTW what did you use the bullet vs the Spade connectors for?

I'm getting my stuff together and will get it ordered this week! Been sheepishly waiting for a writeup like this while my boat is sitting at the dealer waiting to be delivered so I can get to work.

Comment

I just today got my RGB led rings that I ordered through eBay and a controller with remote through alibaba. The cost is the same and you get to choose the color you want or let the lights sync with your music tunes. I can post pics and some directions ones I begin the installation in May.
            -=MasterCraft All The Way=-
            sigpic
            2019 MasterCraft X-Star
            2017 MasterCraft X23
            2015 MasterCraft X23
            2007 MasterCraft X45
            2009 Malibu WAKESETTER VLX SS
            2005 MasterCraft X-Star
            2004 Tige 20v
            1995 MasterCraft ProStar 190

Comment

nice post - do you have pics of the wiring harness you got from Batts racing?

Comment

Originally posted by ryancassidy View Post
                This is perfect! Thank you!

BTW what did you use the bullet vs the Spade connectors for?

I'm getting my stuff together and will get it ordered this week! Been sheepishly waiting for a writeup like this while my boat is sitting at the dealer waiting to be delivered so I can get to work.
                The bullets were used on the LED rings. The spade is for the switch. You'll only need three of them.

I'll give more details throughout today.

Comment

Looks great Jason.

Comment

Nice work and write up Jason. Done like a Pro.
                    Our 2014 X2 is Sold.

Comment

Originally posted by 6KidSurf View Post
                      nice post - do you have pics of the wiring harness you got from Batts racing?
                      Yes, here's how it will arrive
                      Attached Files

Comment

Cutting the plate....

This isn't for the faint of heart....This is the only part that made me nervous at first, but I knew if I destroyed it, it could be replaced.

1. Disconnect complete harness at each Deutch connector, very easy and no two Deutch connectors are the same so it's easy to hook back up. I would do this on a clean table with an old towel laid down for protection.
                        2. Use a Dremmel with a new cutting wheel cut both sides the best you can, this part wasn't hard. Use safety glasses.
                        3. Place the multi purpose bit in the Dremmel and now go from one side to the next. The aluminum is there to guide so you're not going to mess it up.
                        4. Press switch in from the face side of the plate
                        5. Connect all connectors back together.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the share! Great work!
                          2017 Mastercraft XT21- Black & Calypso Green Flake and Coolfeel interior

2008 Mastercraft 40th Anniversary X-star SOLD

1981 J-craft 19 long deck ski boat w/200 Mercury Black Max (the gas guzzler)

2018 Audi Q7 Technik Navarra Blue with S-Line, Black Optics, Luxury package, advanced driver assistance, Audi Sport 21" wheels, tow hitch

Comment

Looks very Cool, Just a quick question. When I did the Led lights ring install on my 2016 X20 I just connected them to the pre wired lugs, It just automatically ran of my Navigation lights, I never changed anything. Does factory put a switch in usually dedicated to speaker light rings or do they normally run it off of the Nav lights.

Comment

there is a dedicated switch and a dimmer from the factory and the light switch is not actually mounted in the location that graham has mounted it, but it is on the side panel together with the dimmer.
                              -=MasterCraft All The Way=-
                              sigpic
                              2019 MasterCraft X-Star
                              2017 MasterCraft X23
                              2015 MasterCraft X23
                              2007 MasterCraft X45
                              2009 Malibu WAKESETTER VLX SS
                              2005 MasterCraft X-Star
                              2004 Tige 20v
                              1995 MasterCraft ProStar 190

Comment

Working...