No announcement yet.

Jgraham37128 X23 upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's some pics of my wiring for the optional front sub. Again it's connected at the front port speaker and wire tied to the existing harness.
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for sharing the picture BUD and putting our name out there. We are currently working with local MC dealers in South East region (had few meetings) and trying to find a way to push our product thru them. Let's see how everything folds so far so good.

If you have a little better quality pictures then I can share my cell phone with you. So, we can put those pictures on our facebook page and share with others.

Thanks
      SeaDoo Challenger 180SE
      Blast LED (discounts available - send me PM for discount)
      Facebook

Comment

I want to thank Jason. He spent sometime working through some questions I had last night while in the bowels of the boat! Huge help and the documentation is great.

We did find some differences though in the 2017 wiring harness it seems. The LED Speaker lights are now part of a 6 prong plug and hidden well behind the throttle lever. So much so that you can't pull the plug out of the hole. You can reach in if you are good and plug it in with one hand, otherwise its 6 torx screws to take off the entire panel which might be easier.

I'm placing an order with Batts for the new 6 prong switch today and will repost. FWIW, I now have a 4 prong switch if anyone needs one! :-)

The Numbers on the switch are as follows

6 is Blank
        5 is Hot - This is the power coming from the battery
        4 is Ground
        3 is the output to the lights from the switch.
        2 not needed
        1 not needed

The other 2 brown wires I haven't taken the time to figure out, but they don't impact the lights.

HTH's Some.

Outside of this... everything Jason has posted is 100% plug and play!!!!!

Ryan
        Attached Files

Comment

And one more picture of the order for the harness from Batts
          Attached Files

Comment

I have a new 10" Sub to install and I forgot to get the speaker ring. My dealer is getting the speaker ring for me but I have some questions about the install.

How do you wire the speaker rings up? Can I just off of an existing speaker ring that is powered by the switch I already have for the other speakers?

Comment

it's just 12v.....you should be able to jump off another one I would think

Comment

And another minor update...

The switch is made by OTTO.

And the wiring is as such to the back of the switch.

Center (brass terminal) is the Common which will go to the Speaker Lights
                Terminal 1 is the INPUT or Hot coming from the battery. This is hot whenever the battery cut off switch is turned on
                Terminal 3 is the ground or black wire.

This is per OTTO. I should be getting schematics soon to share and will if they are at all helpful :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Mastercraftdave View Post

How do you wire the speaker rings up? Can I just off of an existing speaker ring that is powered by the switch I already have for the other speakers?
                  Yep, I wired mine off of the starboard side as that was the closest to my bow speaker. Some 8.8 subs are on the Port and folks have used that. The wiring is more than robust enough to take the additional lights as the leds use so little...

Comment

Wiring Diagram from OTTO
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mastercraftdave View Post
                      I have a new 10" Sub to install and I forgot to get the speaker ring. My dealer is getting the speaker ring for me but I have some questions about the install.

That's exactly what i did, front Starboard speaker. Cut off factory spade connector wired the additional wire and installed new spade connector and ran the new wire over to the sub attaching it to the harness that was already in place.

Picture of this is at the top of this page.

Comment

Originally posted by jgraham37128 View Post
                        That's exactly what i did, front Starboard speaker. Cut off factory spade connector wired the additional wire and installed new spade connector and ran the new wire over to the sub attaching it to the harness that was already in place.

Picture of this is at the top of this page.
                        Sounds pretty easy. Thanks for the information.

Comment

Just to update.... I got the new 6 pin connector in and got a chance to hook it up.. if you following the above order and OTTO config it works perfectly.

Center (brass terminal) is the Common which will go to the Speaker Lights (this is the LT GREEN wire coming from the new connector)
                          Terminal 1 is the INPUT or Hot coming from the battery. This is hot whenever the battery cut off switch is turned on (this is the LT BLUE wire coming from the new connector)
                          Terminal 3 is the ground or black wire. (this is the BLACK wire coming from the new connector)

So it seems on the new 2017's they changed the wiring harness a bit and you need the posted 6 pin connector instead of the 4 for the other models. FYI.

Thanks again for your help on this and starting the initial post! It looks awesome and was way cheaper than MC factory AND its an 1-1.5hr install if you follow the directions and have all the parts.

Comment

That's great. Glad you waited on the new connector versus cutting into the wires.

Comment

Just a few pictures....

Blast LED Rings.
                              jgraham37128's Instructions

:-)
                              Attached Files

Comment

Looks great Ryan! I'm almost done doing the same to my boat this yr.
                                XT20 5500 GDI Black Mica/Black Topdeck/ Black interior
                                SOLD - 2013 X2 Pro Pkg, Gen2 Surf
                                SOLD - 1998 30th Anniversary ProStar 190
                                SOLD - 1985 Stars and Stripes

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X