205v vs 210 sante

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 205v vs 210 sante

Ok....My OCD research has confused the hell out of me. I'm in the market for a early/mid 2000's towboat. I was dead set on the 205v, but then a 2003 sante 210 caught my eye. It seems the nautiques have the keypad/faria computer/electronics issues. The 205v seems to be more analog..... This is going to be a family boat (7yr old son loves to wakeboard). I know this is a mastercraft forum, but wanted to reach out for some info..... what would y'all do if you were in my shoes.

Well you are going to get biased opinions but the 205V will better resale than the other. Plus it's much better looking

Comment

Look here: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ht=205V+thread

Comment

hopefully swat will comment soon. he knows both real well. I know the earlier 210's had some guage issues. wake wise the 210 is also super steep.

Comment

P Hat in Cincy's 205V is a great looking boat
          Attached Files

Comment

No bias here even though I own a 205v. Both great boats. I actually like the 210 wake better, so if everything is equal, I'd go for the 210. Slightly better wakeboard wake. The 210 wake has a little more lip to it. The 205v is slightly more rampy. And the 205v is wider at the same speeds. One thing I really like about the 210 is it's easier to get clean wakes at slower speeds, which would be great for your son.

Comment

Originally posted by dvsone79 View Post
              No bias here even though I own a 205v. Both great boats. I actually like the 210 wake better, so if everything is equal, I'd go for the 210. Slightly better wakeboard wake. The 210 wake has a little more lip to it. The 205v is slightly more rampy. And the 205v is wider at the same speeds. One thing I really like about the 210 is it's easier to get clean wakes at slower speeds, which would be great for your son.
              Both are great boats. I think it comes down to which boat you look at looks better for the money. I would be weary of the CC keypad because of the age. The 210 wave was like no other as it was like hitting a brick wall and super narrow when loaded up.

But as mentioned, the 205V was a great looking boat on the water. The 210 tower looks a bit odd.

Comment

Originally posted by Maristar210 View Post
                P Hat in Cincy's 205V is a great looking boat
                That is such a classic looking boat.

Comment

Originally posted by Mastercraftdave View Post
                  Both are great boats. I think it comes down to which boat you look at looks better for the money. I would be weary of the CC keypad because of the age. The 210 wave was like no other as it was like hitting a brick wall and super narrow when loaded up.

But as mentioned, the 205V was a great looking boat on the water. The 210 tower looks a bit odd.

Odd is being nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Maristar210 View Post
                    Well you are going to get biased opinions but the 205V will better resale than the other. Plus it's much better looking
                    This statement isn't necessarily true. While the 205v is one of the best selling used boats the 210's of that era held their value better and demand a higher premium on the used market in the realm of 3-5k depending on the options.

In general the 205v had more storage and space from 99-2002 when going directly against the 210 . 2003 the 210 saw a redesign in the top deck and the interior opening up space widening the boat's topdeck( no change in hull) . Also made the boat a true walk through. The one crap part is the built in cooler in the bow on the drivers side. Plenty of threads on how to remove that . 2003 IS THE MOST DESIREABLE YEAR 210 . It has the updated Classic tower that is pretty much the staple , you also saw different color options and accents and a new gauge package. The electronics are highly reliable. Especially the keypad. Very Minimal failure rates. I would even argue the MDC in the 205v's has a much higher failure rate. Again this specifically related to the 2003 the OP is asking for. The garbage Faria gauges in the previous year Nautiques were awful.

Pros 205v
                    - wakeboard wakes are very versitile. Great shape. Can be tweaked by weight placement to steepen it up or mellow it out.
                    --ski wake is above average for a v drive.
                    -surf wake was considerably better before all the aftermarket suck gate and numerous other add ons. I haven't surfed an old 210 with the gate to give a direct comparison , but those with one on the 210 claim it's just as good now as the 205v if not better

Cons
                    there is really only one major con of the 205v. And that is it takes s crap ton of weight to get the wake maximized and you'll most likely either have a sac on top of the bow seats or in the walkway to reach a great wakeboard wake.

Pros 210
                    -Styling imo ( subjective I know ).
                    -in 2003 much mor attention to detail and much higher quality feeling the moment you sit in that 2003 compared to the 2003 of a 205v hulled x series.
                    -very little extra weight needed to get great wakeboard wakes.
                    - better vinyl
                    -while still not a rough water friendly boat , the 210 gives you a noticeably smoother ride than the 205v in chop.

Cons
                    - ballast system in finicky with their manual helm controlled gates. It empties and fully on its own . That can be solved with replacing the manual gates with solo pod valves. If you're buying from a dealer maybe negotiate that in.
                    -could be pro,could be con ...... wakeboard wake is like hitting a brick wall . It boots you so far up with such little effort. The flip side is the landings can take their toll if you miss the sweet spot.
                    - ski wake is not so nice on the slalom side. Below avg even for v drive

Both boats are bomb proof reliable so that argument is a wash. The 205v boats tends to show little more stress cracks over the years around that vent in the front and by the front cupholders in the bow. That's really the only say "quality " side difference. Something you'll also notice when shopping.
                    Last edited by swatguy; 02-13-2017, 03:19 PM.
                    CURRENT: 2008 SANTE 210 w NSS

2000 Mastercraft Xstar
                    2004,2005 Ski Centurion Avalanche C4
                    2003, Ski Centurion Cyclone
                    99,2000,2001, 2002 Ski Centurion Elite V/Hurricane/lightning
                    88 2001 Nautique

Comment

I have rode both a decent amount. They're both very good and I would not hesitate to own either. Here's my opinion on the differences. Looks are entirely up to the individual but I definitely think the tower is goofy on the 210. The 210 drives really good, I'd say better at slow speed and equal when towing. I prefer the storage in the 205v more mostly due to the way the observer seat lifts on a 210. The real difference is behind the boat. When you add a suck gate of some sort, the 210 has a much better surf wake than the 205v. They don't look much different, but the 210 definitely has a much firmer surf wake. When wakeboarding it's very much a preference thing. The 210 wake is VERY steep. The 205v is known for being steep but the 210 is a lot steeper. I own an X1 so I'm very used to a steep wake and the first time I hit the 210 wake I dove the tip of my board right into it and slapped my face soooo hard. Once you get used to it, it is really fun but also very unforgiving. Both boats are known to have narrow wakes, but the 210 is narrower. Both create very nice wakes at low speeds for beginners as well. Fit and finish of those years I would give a slight edge to MC but the vinyl was hit or miss depending on the year as well. Either way, both are good boats. Go with whichever one you find that you really like. I think you will be happy with either one.

Comment

2003 tower in my opinion one of the sexiest combos ever made.

2004 tower. One of the biggest misses to date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        CURRENT: 2008 SANTE 210 w NSS

2000 Mastercraft Xstar
                        2004,2005 Ski Centurion Avalanche C4
                        2003, Ski Centurion Cyclone
                        99,2000,2001, 2002 Ski Centurion Elite V/Hurricane/lightning
                        88 2001 Nautique

Comment

It has all been said here.

Coming from a 205V owner:

1) the 210 wake is an absolute blast, but not sure my older knees could handle it every day. A buddy had skull and crossbones on his tower for everyone that had a significant injury behind his boat.
                          2) the '03 210 tower swatguy posted pics of looks great and is super easy to lower. It is lower (when raised) than the 205V zero flex.

That era CC reversed to port while MCs reverse to starboard.

Both great rides.
                          2002 MasterCraft X10
                          2004 MasterCraft Prostar 205v 'Wakeboard Edition'
                          2018 MasterCraft XT20 50th Anny

Comment

I agree with all that is being said. I owned an 04 210 for 8ish years and now regularly ride behind a 04 205V.

Both very bulletproof with their quirks. the Nautique keypad issues were earlier years. Vinyl issues seemed to hurt the MC.

Given my stage in life (40s) I like the 205v wake better now, back when I bought my 210 there was nothing better than hitting that wall.

I've surfed both a fair amount (listed, no gates) and they are different but both very fun, I prefered my Nautique for surf, but that probably has to do with my willingness to completely load that thing. I don't think I've surfed a 205v that has been as sacked as I did my 210.

Comment

Originally posted by swatguy View Post
                              2003 tower in my opinion one of the sexiest combos ever made.

2004 tower. One of the biggest misses to date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Who can I buy that 03 from
                              13 Super Air Nautique 230
                              03 Super Air Nautique TE 210 - Sold
                              88 Mastercraft TriStar 220 - Sold

Comment

Working...
                              X